BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers vs. QPR

Amo

MACKIE UPDATE

Now QPR are saying he won't be out for 9 months, that doesn't surprise me because the medical staff thought he could stand up!

It's all mind games with Neil Warnock

Mackie.jpg

Errr...no. He will still be out for a long time, just not quite the 9 months.

Regardless, I don't see why people are condoning Diouf's actions. Even if it was a bad tackle, the QPR lad did hurt himself badly. Having Diouf saying "f you and f your leg" is hardly excusable. If another player had done that to a Rovers player, those on here would be calling him a scumbag. It might have been in the heat of the moment, but an apology for gloating over the injury of a fellow professional won't cost anything and will show that there is some sportsmanship deep down inside.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting comments from Simon Garner on the matter. I think heis spoton here, Warnock has made the whole matter 10 times worse than it was.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/8780660.Blackburn_Rovers_legend_slams_QPR_boss_over_Diouf_attack/

Warnock is a tool who should look at his own behaviour, it is true, and should be charged by the FA.

I think the way that Warnock is behaving is out of order and is a poor example for the conduct of a manager. Although Diouf may have been out of line in his actions, it was done in the heat of the match and in the defense of his teammate. Mackie stood up after the challenge, so how was Diouf able to know that he had broken his leg? Givet could have just as easily had similar injuries. Bottom line, however, Diouf should have conducted himself better and acted more professionally toward a fellow football player that was injured. An apology might be warranted from Diouf, but a full scale personal attack on him seems a bit extreme. In the end, I'm sure that everyone hopes for a speedy recovery from Mackie, and that should be what everyone focuses on. It is a shame that this has taken away from the Rovers victory.

Apparently after being told that Mackie had badly injured his leg, Diouf made further remarks.

Whether or not this is true, a young professional is facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines. It would not hurt for Diouf to wish him the best in the cold light of day.

The tackle may have been somewhat reckless, but these things happen in football. Does anyone reckon Givet has not made many a reckless tackle in his career? It is part of the job. Bad tackles happen. Accidents happen.

You accused Rev and I of being one sided. Far from it, I always advocated playing a more attractive and exciting formation. This pov was regularly derided as being a stupid idea (Do you want to end up like WBA?). I'm just happy that (at the moment) we appear to be being proven correct.

This is where football becomes a matter of opinion. Personally I love good attacking football with great moves and the Liverpool game was perhaps the best display by a Rovers team in that respect in 4 years, but when it comes to Rovers, imo, I would rather see points on the board and if over reliance on set plays and ugly football get those points then thats fine by me as those points are more important than style. If I want to see pretty football there are many other places I can see and enjoy it.

If it is Steve Kean's intention to play free flowing attacking football then good luck to him but he has to question whether this group of players are capable of it on a regular basis. My gut says results won't be as predictable as under Sam but that could shift the balance back to times, under Hughes and Souness, were we fared reasonably well against the bigger teams yet failed to get results when we expected them agains't the likes of the West Hams etc.

Can't really comment much on the QPR game because I had a very late night on Friday and woke up rather late on Saturday so didn't go, :( but I have watched the challenge a few times. Firstly I am relieved that Givet is ok, secondly I hope Mackie makes a full recovery despite what I would consider a red card challenge. What I can't make my mind up is what his intention was, was it deliberate, probably not but as someone pointed out he pulls out and this probably indicates he thought about what he was about to do and he risked harming Givet and th pull out probably was why he hurt himself more, if he hadn't it could have been a career ender for Givet.

As for the QPR players I wouldn't expect anything less, I would expect Rovers players to do the same of rallying around an injured player and although what Diouf possibly said was out of order he was doing exactly the same as them in sticking up for his mate.

Errr...no. He will still be out for a long time, just not quite the 9 months.

Regardless, I don't see why people are condoning Diouf's actions. Even if it was a bad tackle, the QPR lad did hurt himself badly. Having Diouf saying "f you and f your leg" is hardly excusable. If another player had done that to a Rovers player, those on here would be calling him a scumbag. It might have been in the heat of the moment, but an apology for gloating over the injury of a fellow professional won't cost anything and will show that there is some sportsmanship deep down inside.

A few months is NOT a long time!

Is football a man's game or what? The QPR players and manager should act like men, like Simon Garner said 'everyone seems to be being very childish'

Exactly where in the article does it say he will only be out for "a few months"?

I would suggest that acting like men would involve apologising for gloating over the injury.

Could you imagine RYAN NELSEN acting like Diouf?

It says he'll be 'back in action earlier than has been suggested' so anything less than 9 months is a few months.

And secondly that would be acting like a gentleman.

You know the answer to the last question :P

It says he'll be 'back in action earlier than has been suggested' so anything less than 9 months is a few months.

Hmm...I think you will find that a few means not many but more than one. I don't think anything more than 3, or at the very most 4 months, could be described as a few.

Still, this is nothing more than me being needlessly pedantic. ;)

Hmm...I think you will find that a few means not many but more than one. I don't think anything more than 3, or at the very most 4 months, could be described as a few.

I suppose I'm being pedantic too. It just annoys me when people over react to a broken leg and a few swear words. I'm sure Mackie will live and is likely to play again, whereas this guy won't Richard Butcher 1981 - 2011. Sorry for going off topic slightly.

Will be interesting to keep an eye out for just how long he is out, and how serious his injury actually is. It's terrible for the lad but I suspect Warnock's rant has meant the whole thing has had to be blown out of proportion by the whole club. Warnock is as famous an idiot as our Dioufy, maybe there's some rivalry going on there. ;)

Former QPR player, and QPR Youth Coach tweeted on Mackie's tweet -

marcbircham Marc Bircham

@

@jamiemac12 don't worry mate I might go scout Blackburn this weekend and try run the Scumbag over in the carpark for u !!!

I dont for one minute condone Diouf's actions, but the reaction from Warnock and the QPR players ahs been nothing short of disgraceful and totally unprofessional. To write something like that in public view is absolutely shocking. I dont believe there wuld be any of this sort of rreaction if it hadnt have been for Warnocks rant.

See head of PFA Gordon taylor has said there will be a full investigation. I hope the tweets are going to be looked into as well.

Mackie breaking his leg could have a massive impact on QPR's season, especially if they dont have much strength in depth.

Their top spot, along with automatic promotion, might well be in jeopardy now.

That's not Diouf's fault, they guy went into a challenge way to fast and went over the ball. I'm not for one minute saying he got what he deserved, but it's easy to lay blame at Diouf's door, as he is the PL pantomine villian.

Diouf to be charged? What about Warnock and the twitter-ers? :angry2:

I doubt they can charge him, depending on the referee's report. Will obviously all depend on what he saw and heard. As for Warnock we dont need the referee's report, just have to watch his post match interview, or read yesterday's paper. Same can be said about the tweet's by the QPR players.

That's not Diouf's fault, they guy went into a challenge way to fast and went over the ball. I'm not for one minute saying he got what he deserved, but it's easy to lay blame at Diouf's door, as he is the PL pantomine villian.

True, but there just wasnt any need for Diouf to get involved, you must also remember the FA's respect campaign which Diouf is in clear breach of if the accusations of what he said is true.

Diouffs only real offence was to cuff the QPR player after the final whistle. Looked like the player went up to him to antagonise and illicit a reaction. The FA need to look at some of the tackles that went in on him in the second half if they want something to consider.

Give it a rest.

He is now playing full games because when he has started he has been more effective because we are now playing an attacking 4-4-2 formation (even though it doesn't work at this level).

You accused Rev and I of being one sided. Far from it, I always advocated playing a more attractive and exciting formation. This pov was regularly derided as being a stupid idea (Do you want to end up like WBA?). I'm just happy that (at the moment) we appear to be being proven correct.

I said I always wanted to play football in this way (my ethos if you like). You didn't and yet you are still deriding my point of view even though it looks like your view is the outdated one. It's still early days but I would appreciate it if you would take you pro-Sam hat off. I was never anti-Sam, just the way we approached our games and I am loving our recent performances.

I remember days under Roy Hodgson when we scored goals with abandon and were top of the League and we all thought he was a genius. As time went on we were worked out. We still scored but the opposition scored more. Sure its more fun to lose 3-4 than 0-1 but the result was the same in the end.

Sure its better football now but we have virtually no defensive mid-field. Until several quality players are brought in to bolster up this new style (and that isn't resolved yet) its still legitimate to be concerned about the future. We have overthrown certainty for a gamble.

It is early days as you say and enjoy it but don't think its over because we won 2 League games.

Archived