SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers vs. QPR

Amo

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

No way can they charge Diouf for comments the QPR lot claim he made, Warnock however must be charge his comments are shocking and in the public domain.

Diouf should report that idiot to the police for the threat to run him over, play them at their game.

Guest linganzi

The abuse we are getting from a second rate football team behaving like chavs is shocking, so charge Diouf for the over reaction. But consider the leg breaker attempt from mackie, warnock bringing the game into disrepute and the death threats on Twitter.

Obviously it will be easy to pin it on Diouf as he has done sllsorts, or has he?

Ok he spat at a couple of people about ten years ago, disgusting. Fair enough

And he behaves like a tool with his cars.

He racially abused a ball boy although Diouf offered it to court and rather embarrassing for everton it became clear that the ball boy had tried it on.

He was accused of attacking a woman and that faded away, more mud thrown at him for being him

Some footballers do attack women and end up in jail. Has Diouf put a David out in someone's eye? Slept with a team mates wife? Cheated on his pregnant wife with call girls? Attacked people unconscious in McDonald's? Attacked a dj for playing the wrong music? Walked from a hit and run?

Believe it or not the above are of course MADE UP events. Diouf is no angel but he isn't as bad as he could be

Oh and consider warnocks portfolio of offenses

Other than act like a bit of a ######, usually to get people annoyed on purpose, Diouf hasn't done that much wrong, especially in the last couple of years. Unlike a lot of players today, he seems to work hard and keep himself in shape and obviously gives himself 100% for the fans and for the team.

It's been covered before, he likes to play the pantomime. He thinks the football field is a stage for him to do a little bit of acting, as well as play some football. Although not an achievement I'd personally want to be associated with, he's done well to get every ground in England to boo him whenever he plays. That's quite an achievement for someone that doesn't do much else than act and talk tough.

The only thing he's really done is a couple of spitting incidents, which I hold in contempt, but Rijkard spat at Voller and he doesn't get booed at every ground he visits.

Anyway, I'm sure Mackie will get over being called "a disgrace" by a worked up Diouf who was clearly upset about his teammate's apparent injury from a bad tackle. The stuff that's been posted by the QPR players and manager are completely out of order though and shouldn't be accepted by anyone involved in football, but I imagine they will be and no action will be taken. It is Diouf after all.

What those photos don't give is an impression of is the speed at which the two players went into the challenge. Plus Givet's body seems to be correctly positioned.

I wouldn't class it as an accidental collision at all. Shocking challenge by the QPR player imo.

Buy the Lancashire Telegraph and look at the frame by frame picture and I'm sure that you will retract that Simon. As I thought from the start it was quite simply just one of those things. Both players feet were low when the collision (and injury) occurred.

True, but there just wasnt any need for Diouf to get involved, you must also remember the FA's respect campaign which Diouf is in clear breach of if the accusations of what he said is true.

Surely Warnock's comments would fall foul of this campaign as would the QPR players comments? Personnally I think it would be ridiculous to charge any of the players involved, my opinion of good footballers is that they back their mates when they are down, Diouf was backing Givet in the heat of the moment the QPR players were backing Mackie. Warnock however went beyond what was necessary and has perhaps incited some of the stronger comments from the QPR players. I would particularly like to see the FA take action on the comment which went along the lines "as soon as hes out of English football the better"

Will they charge the player for the unpunished reckless tackle?? Probably not.

I would hope not hes been punished enough already and anyway I think him serving a 3 match ban to start next week would be a tad pointless.

The answer to that is NO, simply because the referee didnt caution the player. The referees decision is final.

I think the FA have the right to retrospectively punish for violent conduct, Kalanic's red the other week was classed as violent conduct I would suggest that Mackies tackle definately was.

Buy the Lancashire Telegraph and look at the frame by frame picture and I'm sure that you will retract that Simon. As I thought from the start it was quite simply just one of those things. Both players feet were low when the collision (and injury) occurred.

Absolutely not.

The QPR player went into the challenge in a completely reckless fashion (and that is a very charitable description imo) such that serious injury to one or both players was absolutely inevitable.

I think the FA have the right to retrospectively punish for violent conduct, Kalanic's red the other week was classed as violent conduct I would suggest that Mackies tackle definately was.

Wrong seggie. You need to buy the LT too.

btw there is a remarkable parallel to the Todd / Van Persie incident at the Millenium Stadium here. Nearly ever camera angle had Todd down as the villain of the piece except the angle from behind which showed it as a completely accidental collision and completely exhonnerated him. Hence the FA deciding quite rightly that he had no case to answer. That angle forced a whole raft of gutter press and gutter media to eat humble pie..... albeit rather silently as one might expect.

Absolutely not.

The QPR player went into the challenge in a completely reckless fashion (and that is a very charitable description imo) such that serious injury to one or both players was absolutely inevitable.

Obviously you havent seen the LT pictures Simon. You do really do need to.

At the time of the collision both players were flying into the tackle and both were fully commited to winning the ball, and both players had their feet and studs low down. In fact Mackie's leg snapped purely because he had his weight on it when they collided. My first impressions were correct, there is absolutely no charge to answer by either player.

Obviously you havent seen the LT pictures Simon. You do really do need to.

I have, and in my view they don't add anything to the debate one way or the other.

The challenge had to be seen in real time or at full speed on TV. I'm the last person to go all Arsene Wengerish and think that the game is in danger of turning into a non contact sport.

However I think that challenge by the QPR player was the worst and most dangerous I've seen in a very long time.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this.

Edit: P.S. The referee didn't see it as an accidental collision did he? He (correctly) gave the foul against the QPR player but (incorrectly imo) didn't issue him with a red.

Edit: P.S. The referee didn't see it as an accidental collision did he? He (correctly) gave the foul against the QPR player but (incorrectly imo) didn't issue him with a red.

Bounce up in my day. :rolleyes:

btw on what grounds could possibly justify a red? It was a one footed challenge with the studs down as they came together. 'Hard but fair' seems to be a forgotten by-word these days.

Bounce up in my day. :rolleyes:

btw on what grounds could possibly justify a red? It was a one footed challenge with the studs down as they came together. 'Hard but fair' seems to be a forgotten by-word these days.

T'is but a scratch!

I'll give the QPR player the benefit of the doubt in that he didn't intend to cause Givet serious injury but imo it was a red because he was at the very least reckless and committed a foul which did in fact result in both players suffering serious injury.

Wrong seggie. You need to buy the LT too.

Rather not it's pants, waste of 40p or whatever it costs these days, could buy a mars bar for that, much better and tastier and probably more informative too.

As I so often state on here football is interpreted through peoples opinions, I don't think he intended to do Givet any harm but it was a bad challenge and IMO the ref sympathised with his injury and did not show red. Again like Rev I'm not one for outlawing tackling, personally I enjoy seeing a good tackle as much as some silky skills.

You did make another interesting point however about the Andy Todd situation, I find it rather interesting we haven't had the range of angles or even it slowed down just the incident once in full speed, whether it's because it was a horror injury they didn't zoom in or whether they wanted to put more focus on managers comments it's certainly added fuel to the debate. I only have seen the incident at full speed, that's why my mind is made up maybe a slow mo replay as you say would exonerate him but a few stills IMO do not because you can't correctly gage the incident.

You did make another interesting point however about the Andy Todd situation, I find it rather interesting we haven't had the range of angles or even it slowed down just the incident once in full speed, whether it's because it was a horror injury they didn't zoom in or whether they wanted to put more focus on managers comments it's certainly added fuel to the debate. I only have seen the incident at full speed, that's why my mind is made up maybe a slow mo replay as you say would exonerate him but a few stills IMO do not because you can't correctly gage the incident.

They didn't show it at full speed as it wasn't a big enough game for ITV to give a toss about it.

It was shown in slow motion on Sunday nights ITV cup prog seggie. It was used to describe tackling when they were discussing the gerrard sending off rather than as part of the BRFC v QPR highlights which weren't shown at all. Viewed from the Darwen End camera and as shown in the LT showed both players feet were on the ground at impact and with no studs showing. The middle of his shin met the top of Givets shin hence Mackie coming off worst. Nothing dirty or cynical from either player, just one of those things following a full blooded, high speed coming together of two very determined and committed players.

It was shown in slow motion on Sunday nights ITV cup prog seggie. It was used to describe tackling when they were discussing the gerrard sending off rather than as part of the BRFC v QPR highlights which weren't shown at all. Viewed from the Darwen End camera and as shown in the LT showed both players feet were on the ground at impact and with no studs showing. The middle of his shin met the top of Givets shin hence Mackie coming off worst. Nothing dirty or cynical from either player, just one of those things following a full blooded, high speed coming together of two very determined and committed players.

Ive only seen it on the ITV podcast on the game, which was about 5mins long, which seems to focus on the managers thoughts with the tackle at full speed, which to me looks bad, there was no slow mo. Ive tried and failed to look for a slow mo tackle, so every time I see it I see it exactly the same. If I see it in slow mo again and if Im wrong I will hold my hands up but what I have seen so far it just looks terrible every time.

Watched it numerous times and think the picture in the LT shows best how the leg was broken.

After the initial contact shin to shin, it looks like Givet leg gave way and his weight went onto Mackies now standing leg. Ouch!. Unfortunate but it's not the first .........

4kb9n5.jpg

It happened pretty much right in front of where I was sitting and you could tell straight away it was a bad one, not necessarily a bad challenge, but you knew one of them if not both were badly hurt.

Personally, I thought at the time Mackie had come off worse than Givet had, and ultimately this was the case. However as mentioned previously two medics rushed on to see Givet, the Rovers medical staff immediately called for the stretcher which came across.

As for Mackie, one physio came on, they were inspecting his leg for a while, before they got him to his feet to try and see if he could walk off the field, thats when Mackie dropped to the floor again and what looked like the spare stretcher came on to pick him up.

Also I would like to point out that plenty of cretins in all four stands containing Rovers fans booed when he went off. Yet I bet some these fans that are now lambasting Diouf.

FA are to look at the disgusting tweets by QPR players -

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/london-qpr/2011/01/11/qpr-stars-face-fa-probe-over-twitter-blasts-82029-27965583/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Just hope they look at the Marc Bircham one as well saying he will run diouf over, incidentally its been deleted.

In a way I dont blame the players reactions, I blame Warnock. If they see their manager behaving the way he did post match, they will think its ok to behave in the same way.

Hopefully thiose QPR players and Warnock will have the book thrown at them.

The fact is Peter Walton did not issue Mackie a card so that can't be changed but nor did Walton punish Diouf so I can't see how the FA can do anything.

They can only really look at what happened in the Tunnel which will almost certainly go down as a 6 of one half a dozen of the other type things so that only leaves the comments made, all by QPR.

Archived