BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers vs. QPR

Amo

Yeah commentators said he tried to stand up. Givet sounded in bits on the commentary but seems to be one of those impact injuries that hurt at first and heal fairly quickly. Qpr might struggle without Mackie's goals. Hate any player to get a broken leg.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kean said givet is just a knock.... or thump!!!! the other lad looks to be a break of the tib and fib, however the lad did get to his feet!! get well wishes for him... hate to see it!!

right.... now to hoilett.... im so happy we have a player improving leaps and bounds and who runs at defences! pedersen has always frustrated me with pulling up infront of fullbacks.... i think duff was our last winger who ran at defences.

i remember when i was younger and i went to anfield, steve mcmanaman everytime he got the ball scared me, same with the likes of joe cole they cause panic and fear!... however... HOILETT is attacking and i love it! he and olsson with the pace are terrorizing that left flank!! long may it continue!!!

neil warnock had branded el hadji diouf a sewer rat and the lowest of the low for calling jamie mackie a disgrace while on the floor injured

BTW who made the tackle givet or mackie?

If true he deserves to be named that. EH Diouf is a horrible person.

• Backroom

neil warnock had branded el hadji diouf a sewer rat and the lowest of the low for calling jamie mackie a disgrace while on the floor injured

Rovers won the free kick but it looked like a 50/50.

I'm sure didn't know the lad had broke his leg at the time to be fair.

Loving watching Hoilett play at the moment, reminds me of a young Duffer, now can you give out such high praise, shout me down by alls means if you think i'm wrong.

As for Lowe and Morris just dont think they are of the standard required, yet Linganzi, he looked by far more comfortable and assured and a head above Jason Lowe in the standard required to be, a successful premier league player.

Just over 10,000 in attendance. I wouldve expected a bit more.

Why? About normal for first round of cup against lower team.

Thought the game was ok. Nowt special but we got the job done. Had a fair few chances in first half, diouf's header in particular, but Paddy Kenny did well in goal. Glad we won anyroad, didnt fancy qpr away on a tuesday night!!!

Rovers won the free kick but it looked like a 50/50.

I'm sure didn't know the lad had broke his leg at the time to be fair.

Don't know about that. From my angle it looked like a total horror tackle on Givet.

Warnock is a fool and always has been.

From where I was sat it looked like a terrible contact between the two - it loked like Givet knew a bad challenge was on its way and tried to avoid the inevitable. Had Mackie not been badly injured himself he would have seen red.

the referee was not with it either - Hoillet got a torrid time and was flattened by a couple of flying elbows which were missed by te ref. What did warnock say about those - nowt.

All in all a good result - some great footbal played at times.

Bring on Chelski!

I thought it was dangerous play by the QPR lad.

Could have resulted in a red, possibly a yellow.

It clearly was dangerous play, given the outcome. Had he not injured himself he'd have been punished in some way. I'm not saying he had intent though.

Someone on Facebook just said Diouf's CAR got kicked in by QPR players :blink:

Any idea if that is true? He said he saw it, but he's like 12 so not sure he's got it right, don't know him so can't say if he's reputable

Because Warnock's players have never reacted to what looks like a bad tackle?

Say what you like about Dioufy, he's not an angel and I can well imagine he gobbed off but there is no way on earth he would do so in the knowledge the lad had broken his leg.

That much should be obvious to someone of his experience.

Archived