BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan tickets

Ricky

sell out because the price of the tickets only £10 for adult if you buy two.

Yes good point that, didn't factor that in.

well, we certainly sold out last season

I didn't go myself, but I know plenty that did, and they all said we never sold out, nowhere near?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

definately sold out. i was there. my mate went down a few days before to get his tickets for him and his dad and it had sold out

Well I didn't go, so you're certainly in a better position than me to judge.

Maybe I’m getting mixed up with the debacle under Ince, its my age you see…..

Sold out at Ince's last game? The fans certainly were. I was there and it was terrible. That was our youngest's first away game at eight years old and it wasn't a great Rovers experience.

Guess it's time to make up for the last few seasons over at t'JBBDW and watch the lads banish a few of those old Wigan blues.

I gotta feeling...

Well I didn't go, so you're certainly in a better position than me to judge.

Maybe I’m getting mixed up with the debacle under Ince, its my age you see…..

Last year was the Boxing Day match and definitely sold out. The home end was sadly nowhere close to sold out, though.

Last year was the Boxing Day match and definitely sold out. The home end was sadly nowhere close to sold out, though.

disagree. massess of empty seats near where i sat. we've only ever sold-out twice at wigan.. once in carling cup and once on the new years day game when mgp, reidy and bellamy scored. ive been to every game at wigan even a pre season friendly.

disagree. massess of empty seats near where i sat. we've only ever sold-out twice at wigan.. once in carling cup and once on the new years day game when mgp, reidy and bellamy scored. ive been to every game at wigan even a pre season friendly.

do u care to explain this then?

http://www.blackburn.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=182117

and in case u doubt that, here is the official sites confirmation

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~1911289,00.html

maybe now you might agree??

maybe now you might agree??

I can only go off what i see/ and saw.. i was on the far side.. across from the wigan fancy dressers. maybe wigan dont sell us the whole end then ?? cos there were banks and banks of seats with an odd few people in.

certainly the number of fans has never matched those of 2006 and obviously seemed far from sold out on a few occassions

the bottom corners were definately left empty, maybe this was their policy it has been known at ewood for us to sell out but the attendance hasnt been 31,367.

or maybe even simply people stayed in the concourse etc, we defo sold out our allocation though

whether it seemed far from sold out or not, the fact is we sold out

I can only go off what i see/ and saw.. i was on the far side.. across from the wigan fancy dressers. maybe wigan dont sell us the whole end then ?? cos there were banks and banks of seats with an odd few people in.

certainly the number of fans has never matched those of 2006 and obviously seemed far from sold out on a few occassions

:lol:

Maybe people did not turn up? Also, Wigan may not have sold the whole stand. If there are no more tickets to be sold, by definition then it's a 'sell out', neither Wigan nor Rovers can do anything about no shows. But, if people cannot buy a ticket then there's none left to be sold. As my mate discovered.

I heard from a mate that there were around a thousand left as at yesterday. We need 18 for our minibus from the local. Kean's brand of 'proper football' is getting the enthusiasm back. Can't wait, and I haven't said that about an away match for a very long time. :brfc:

Well said CLB - there is a new found enjoyment watching Rovers and I am gonna be part of it - skint or not skint!

One Love - BRFC

Some cool info:

Seat planner

northstandseats.jpg

The Red Robin Pub

We're on row F and the women at the ticket office showed me the stadium plan on the computer screen and F looked near the back to me. I think row D was the last row. I've been twice before but I can't think how the numbering works, but not long to go now so we'll soon find out. It should be brilliant, here's hoping it'll be third time lucky for me, lost the first 5-3, drew the second 1-1, won the third? :brfcsmilie:

We're on row F and the women at the ticket office showed me the stadium plan on the computer screen and F looked near the back to me. I think row D was the last row. I've been twice before but I can't think how the numbering works, but not long to go now so we'll soon find out. It should be brilliant, here's hoping it'll be third time lucky for me, lost the first 5-3, drew the second 1-1, won the third? :brfcsmilie:

Row A is at the front. The first rows are left empty which is why sales will start from row D.

I asked for the back and got row FF.

The diagram is correct. When I go to Wigan I usually sit on Row K in the East Stand, which is just into the different coloured seats. They don't sell the first few rows for the footy because you can't see a sodding thing really!

You wont be bothered where we sit when we go and win 3-0 :D

I think we've been ******. What is wrong with people at the ticket office when you make a simple request for near the back!? :angry2:

I think we've been ******. What is wrong with people at the ticket office when you make a simple request for near the back!? :angry2:

When I bought our tickets the very helpful lady at the ticket office showed me the computer screen of the stand and seats. It starts at A and the rows go through to Z and then start again at row AA. At the back would be double letters. You must have been vague when you asked for near the back. I have never had any problem buying tickets and its even better now when you can speak to the ticket office staff without a glass screen between you.

Really looking forwards to this game now regardless of the spuds result, and we are going to make a lot of noise in that stand.

COYB

Archived