BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Assistant manager

Iceman

Out of interest, does anyone else think the potential/impending appointment of Jensen is slightly odd?

as a dane myself, i feel its quite weird, that faxe even gets a mention.

he had one season as player/manager at herfoelge and somehow they won the title, but that wasnt through brilliant tactics, but more through grit, determination and fight. They were the wimbledon/crazy gang of denmark, but in a more controlled way. I might add, that this was over a decade ago. In the late 90´s if i recall correctly.

to me and the majority of my foorball friends, he doesnt come across as the brightest person. I get the impression, that he has had an easy time as laudrups assistent and has lived of laudrups name.

he then got his shot, at a reasonable danish team in randers, but blew it big time. Naive tactical choices. His time at randers resembled that of ince with us. He failed miserably , he actually did worse compared to ince and was fired after only, a 1/3 of the league games played.

if i had to play the devils advocate.... when analyzing him, you gotta give faxe, that he is determined and a fighter. He does prefer to play posession football. Perhaps thats the qualities kean is looking at, and he has played several season in the premiership, so he knows the english mentality.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I really shouldn't be divulging this information, but I was offered the vacant assistant manager position. I admit, it would be a great honour to work for Rovers, but with my impeccable record at Football Manager, I'm holding out for something more befitting my managerial acumen.

And to put the record straight, I am NOT represented by Kentaro/SEM.

I do wonder if we planned to appoint Clarke, but then he got snatched by Liverpool?

No.

The fact that the club haven't announced this information yet is very concerning. It's a total circus at the moment. If you knew what happened yesterday, even you would lose your optimism.

No.

The fact that the club haven't announced this information yet is very concerning. It's a total circus at the moment. If you knew what happened yesterday, even you would lose your optimism.

Don't tell me. We held off announcing anything and/or progressing Kean's permanent contract because Maradona has decided to talk to us again. In February, and not promising anything, if he can be bothered. Of course we've acceded to this because we've just missed out on our 'name'.

Circus enough? I'm only half joking! :P

No.

I know there was the Lancashire Cup Match (which we won :) ), it was jolly cold :( , and there were some Venkys/reps around. Also the club shop has sold out of flasks and are not expecting any more in...

I know there was the Lancashire Cup Match (which we won :) ), it was jolly cold :( , and there were some Venkys/reps around. Also the club shop has sold out of flasks and are not expecting any more in...

Interesting. They've also sold out of the blue and White stripe scarves and various other items. I wonder if they are planning to re-outsource the club shop? Or worse still turn it into a Venkys XPRS?

No.

If its what I think your talking about - about something not being complete then that was all nonesense.

I'm going to be very hypothetical now, but if Venkys decide to sack Kean as manager and hire Maradona, I'm positive that Kean will go on to a very successful career and that Maradona will fail.

But if Maradona is to be hired, would he then become manager, or would he get a different role? And what about Kean? Would he then become a number two?

Sorry if this is off topic, but I will try to stay on topic by asking whether Kean will become number two if Maradona will get the job in February.

as a dane myself, i feel its quite weird, that faxe even gets a mention.

he had one season as player/manager at herfoelge and somehow they won the title, but that wasnt through brilliant tactics, but more through grit, determination and fight. They were the wimbledon/crazy gang of denmark, but in a more controlled way. I might add, that this was over a decade ago. In the late 90´s if i recall correctly.

to me and the majority of my foorball friends, he doesnt come across as the brightest person. I get the impression, that he has had an easy time as laudrups assistent and has lived of laudrups name.

he then got his shot, at a reasonable danish team in randers, but blew it big time. Naive tactical choices. His time at randers resembled that of ince with us. He failed miserably , he actually did worse compared to ince and was fired after only, a 1/3 of the league games played.

if i had to play the devils advocate.... when analyzing him, you gotta give faxe, that he is determined and a fighter. He does prefer to play posession football. Perhaps thats the qualities kean is looking at, and he has played several season in the premiership, so he knows the english mentality.

I had a feeling that would be the case with Jensen. Given what I read about him, he didn't exactly strike me with confidence and definitely not a "sit up and take notice" type of guy. Unless the "sit up and take notice" part was meant in a negative way ;)

Kean wants Jensen, but it was put on hold, because Maradonna wants the job, and might get the job. Info i received, so dont shoot the messenger.

Maradona wants the Kean's job, or Jensen's job?

If Venkys get rid of Kean for Maradona, they will firmly establish that they are clueless. And just when I was beginning to think somewhat more positively of them. :blink:

Kean wants Jensen, but it was put on hold, because Maradonna wants the job, and might get the job. Info i received, so dont shoot the messenger.

Now that would be stupidity of the highest order if Venky's changed their tune once more.

Personally I couldnt accept the Argentinian, not now .

Maradona wants the Kean's job, or Jensen's job?

If Venkys get rid of Kean for Maradona, they will firmly establish that they are clueless. And just when I was beginning to think somewhat more positively of them. :blink:

its no secret that Venkys wanted Maradona, but nothing happened at the time. Fulham have denied that they will be talking to Maradona, or at least i read somewhere that they have denied it.

It is a circus at Ewood at the moment, no doubt about it. Kean(new Coyley :tu: ) is starting to convince me about his abilities to handle the role, to now change their minds would once again make us look like a bunch of clowns. Nicko will probably agree or deny it, but the info i received was that Maradona wants assurances that he will have money to spend on any player he might be interested in, no matter the price. He will also be his own man, no outside interferences from anybody(SEM/Kentaro)

It wouldnt surprise me one bit, if we appoint Diego PriMaradona. this last few months have been one of the craziest months ever as a fan of the club. If they do appoint him, then Venkys will firmly confirm that they are a bunch of clueless owners.

Why not wait until the end of the season, if Kean does well, then bloody hell, he deserves the job. If things dont go so well, then okay, look at other possibilities. Mrs Venkys already talked about a long term contract for Kean, yet if they appoint Maradona, then its just another big U TURN

the info i received was that Maradona wants assurances that he will have money to spend on any player he might be interested in, no matter the price. He will also be his own man, no outside interferences from anybody(SEM/Kentaro)

He won't be coming to Rovers then....

Archived