• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colin Hendry

Tugay

Kevin Gallacher

Billy McKinlay

In no particular order.

Don't think any of these would make the football world sit-up and take notice. Hendry has it all to prove after previous managerial jobs, Tugay & Gallagher haven't the experience of management and Mckinlay, allegedly, has a bit of acrimonious history at Ewood in his latter days.

If you were Kean, you would want a known and respected guy who's been round the block a few times and who's going to provide real input and wisdom. In no particular order, the likes of Clarke, Sbragia or Wilkins come to mind.

The only name I can think of that would raise eyebrows - let alone make the football world sit up and take notice - would be Carlos Quiroz. Currently out of work and there's the Portuguese link with Kean.

Prepared to be underwhelmed though.

What is this about the footballing world sitting up and taking notice? I haven't seen any quotes of that.

Kean said on Friday, in his Rovers Player interview, that people would sit up and take notice when our assistant is announced.

Last I heard was that Rovers fans would be happy about the decision, not that the whole football world would take notice. We shall see, I still think it's Tugay and that he got offered a role with the Turkish FA :)

He is assistant manager at Galatasaray. so not going to be him.

I have a small feeling it will be John Hartson

decent shout. I think it won't be him cos I think Kean will bring in a experience number 2 hopefully. Hartson for first team coach if we want one would be a good shout. could work with the strikers and develop them!

As Venky's need to score some points with the fans, I can see it being Gallacher. Then again, that might not be a grand enough gesture for them... The only realistic appointments I can think of that would raise eyebrows are Wilkins, Queiroz and Clarke.

Can't see that one.

We do know they are out of work and have been discussing a role with a national team.

That's why I said him.

He's out of work and was interested in working with the Wales squad. He's also a very well liked person in the football world, especially after everything he went through. It would be good to see him back involved in the game.

Also I thought the most obvious choice would have been Chris Coleman but I am not sure that would 'make people take notice'.

Archived