SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Assistant manager

Iceman

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's why I said him.

He's out of work and was interested in working with the Wales squad. He's also a very well liked person in the football world, especially after everything he went through. It would be good to see him back involved in the game.

Also I thought the most obvious choice would have been Chris Coleman but I am not sure that would 'make people take notice'.

In relation to Hartson, not sure what Kean's thinking is, but would have thought we would go for the best man for the job in this instance, therefore someone a bit more experienced.

In relation to Hartson, not sure what Kean's thinking is, but would have thought we would go for the best man for the job in this instance, therefore someone a bit more experienced.

I hope so too. I would love to see someone with as much experience as Wilkins but also has that 'wow' factor which does show that we mean business.

Kamy here.

If the name that I have heard is true then I think that people will be pleased, he definitely has pedigree and would be a very good appointment. Afraid not allowed to post the name as source asked me not to and am not 110% sure that it is correct, although this source is very rarely wrong.

What I will say is that if the name that I have is right, then I can say that he is not British and the name has not been mentioned on this thread yet.

Hopefully the announcement will made tomorrow.

Is it finally Henk ten Cate time?

Did well at Barcelona as Frank Rijaard number 2. Also wasn't he at Cheslea as First team coach under Grant.

Did he not apply for the rovers job after Mark Hughes left?

Also I think we could do with coach who can work with the strikers and improve them. Somebody like a Mike Newell. Former Rovers player and did well at Luton as manager

Kamy here.

If the name that I have heard is true then I think that people will be pleased, he definitely has pedigree and would be a very good appointment. Afraid not allowed to post the name as source asked me not to and am not 110% sure that it is correct, although this source is very rarely wrong.

What I will say is that if the name that I have is right, then I can say that he is not British and the name has not been mentioned on this thread yet.

Hopefully the announcement will made tomorrow.

Majiball here, Kamy.

Has anyone guessed him yet?

Cheers ;)

probably nobody will be unveiled tomorrow, despite Kean saying so. rather tired at this crap now. why not just unveil somebody, without saying anything before the time.

Henning Berg?

Salgado ?? May not be a bad shout !!

Clearly got the idea from mine and Kelbo's post on the transfer thread. It was said with tongue in cheek as a player/assistant manager.

I would love for it to be Berg, but have a feeling it wont be someone who has previous connections with the club.

Archived