BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Darwen End Singing Section

and at Newcastle they were singing 'stand up for the Darwen End'. Why would you do that?

Going away to support a stand instead of the club? Great idea that one

Re the drum... the BBE one was on the front row leading to inconsistant timings to the people singing, we're seeing if we can do it differently and have it amongst the singers on a TRIAL basis.

i've gotta agree with that tbh

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

right firstly let me say this post is in no way against the whole concept of what the Darwen end is about.

I was browsing the "blue brigade - official facebook group" this morning and am disturbed by a discussion they were having on the home page.

they wish to adopt the famous "love song" 'truly, madly, deeply by savage garden as our new club anthem! you know how it goes:

"i wanna stand with you on a mountain

i wanna bathe with you in the sea

i wanna lay like this forever

until the sky falls down on me"

now some of the comments on there are cringeworthy, i have no problem with the darwen end trying to sing this and see if they can take it off, even though it appears not to be everyone's cup of tea.

however they have said in the comments that this could be our anthem, like stoke city's "delilah" or Liverpool's "you'll never walk alone"

they have even emailed the club's marketing director asking them to start playing it before the games as oppose to the version of no nay never that is currently played.

surely if this was to be granted, it would suggest too much influence is being given to a small section of supporters, I mean imagine if you was at an away game and the home side came out to a love song, which was being sang along to by the supporters?

c'mon guys surely?

I can't imagine us singing that version, however, this version I could imagine us singing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-_rf2jVxxY

I doubt Accy stole 'C'mon cheer the boys, Stanley make some noise' from abroad.

The Blue Brigrade are embarrassing. I respect what you are trying to do. But some ideas are cringeworth. An example I saw was bringing flares in to the ground.

The Blue Brigrade are embarrassing. I respect what you are trying to do. But some ideas are cringeworth. An example I saw was bringing flares in to the ground.

Even though Stanley stole that off us....

That was taken from FC United you'll find, I have Stanley friends and they admit we didn't take it off them

But I agree, the Truly Madly Deeply thing is cringeworthy and embarassing!

I prefer the people in the BBE but can't take the silence and sitting down!

Fair enough with 'come on cheer the boys', that probably was... however most songs Rovers sing are copied, long before the Darwen End was re-opened... do I need to list them?

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with everything that is suggested... you're always going to get differences in opinion, but surely some good is going to come out of suggestions rather than having none at-all.

I am fully supportive of what they are trying to do. I defintely think they should reserve the middle section as they made a right good racket on Saturday.

However, drums just scream out 'small time', nothing remotely 'Ultra' about them.

I wasn't there against QPR (other commitments) but I beleive it went well... problem is we would get a mixture of people who don't want to stand/sing which is why everybody goes to the end as the best seats (middle) are usually claimed early and we know the end block will be the last to fill.

Anyway, thanks guys, will take everyone's comments on board, it's good to get outsider's opinions but I just felt i needed to answer some individual comments that I didn't necessarily think were true...

Up the Rovers :brfc:

• Moderation Lead

That song 'stolen from stanley' (woaahhhh, nah nah nah etc)- is tedious and annoying, I love a sing-song at the footy as much as anyone else but jesus!

Most football songs are borrowed from other teams anyway- even the Samba black man one is 'stolen' from Manure about Jaap Stam!

Truly, madly deeply? I truly hope this doesn't catch on!

What happened to the Final countdown?

I'd love this to come back.

Gotta admit it`s a bit gay :unsure: lolI for one won`t be joining in with a 'girly' tune like that. I`ll leave that up to the shellsuits-tucked-in-socks section of the Blue Brigade :lol:I thought our 'anthem' was :- What do you think of Burnley?......s##t!!what do you think of s##t?......Burnley b######s t###s & c###s.....f#####s!!! (p##s f###s!!)followed byooooooooOOOOOOOHHH!!! We hate Burnley & we hate Burnley. We hate Burnley & we hate Burnley. We hate Burnley & we hate Burnley.We are the Burnley haters.It is most definitely OUR song :rover:;)

Whilst I enjoy joining in singing this song for banter, it isn't exactly encouraging to our players - would much rather our anthem was supporting :)

That song 'stolen from stanley' (woaahhhh, nah nah nah etc)- is tedious and annoying, I love a sing-song at the footy as much as anyone else but jesus!

Most football songs are borrowed from other teams anyway- even the Samba black man one is 'stolen' from Manure about Jaap Stam!

Truly, madly deeply? I truly hope this doesn't catch on!

The woaAahh nahh song is Dale Cavese, and I agree. Sounds like a moan if anything

such a cheery sole... If you find it Embarrassing, why are you on here slating a perfectly good idea? go away and think of something better!

I can guarantee you are one of those that moan about a lack of atmosphere and when something is done... again you just have a bit of a moan, because it is not 'correct'.

Bit pathetic!

• Backroom

All this 'You copied off us' business is doing my nut in... who cares? Seriously?

This time last year we didn't have an atmosphere whatsoever and were laughed at by opposition supporters for how quiet our ground was. Now we have a section of fans who are singing constantly for 90 minutes and most of the time are louder than the away fans.

This is better than nothing, if you don't like it get back to the Jack Walker Stand and sit in silence, I don't think anybody from the Darwen End will bother because it's full of positive minded people at the moment!

COYB :brfcsmilie:

A lot of the songs being suggested by other people are love songs, ynwa arguably the best football anthem , another love song, you probably havnt even heard us attempt to sing it or how we intend for it to be sung like on the puma advert, replacing the no nay never song, we havnt suggested that either, stop looking into things too much its just a song if people don't like it then they won't sing it. As for somebody suggesting they bring flares into the ground this is a stupid idea but unfortunately we can't control every comment that people post but we would never let this happen within our ranks.

Singing Truly Madly Deeply is not a perfectly good idea, at all.

Maybe not to you, but then again if you came up with an idea somebody might say the same... Just because you say something doesn't make it gospel!

I'm pretty relaxed about it, not the best as i've said but if people want to sing it, let them!

I'd love this to come back.

I'm sure that's something most would agree on :)

I suppose in the 90's that WAS our anthem!

I never said it's gospel. But c'mon most of the people on here have said they don't want it.

Thought you weren't posting anymore?

...and therefore they won't sing it, same here tbh!

Most people can express their dissatisfaction without getting on their high horse and having a go... it's easy to knock people though isn't it.

Oh and I changed my mind ;)

Most of the people on here probably don't even go in the singing section, this is a song that has generated entirely from a group of about 30 fans in the Blue Brigade its obviously not unpopular to them is it. The idea is don't like it don't sing it, instead of making inacurate statements about something you don't know about

• Backroom

As I said I sat in the Jack Walker DE side against QPR and the Darwen Enders (refuse to use 'blue brigade') were in good voice, with that being said Dale Cavase has to be the worst chant I have ever heard at a game, it's just drab.

Actually scrap that, the worst is the one guy in N01 recently trying to sing the 'Barbara Streisand' song replacing Barbara Streisand with Benjani, he was only messing about though so I'll let him off.

I think it's a fair idea trying to come up with our own anthem but Truly, Madly, Deeply doesn't seem to fit the bill and only seems to be chosen because some Spurs fans sang it on an advert.

If anything why not try and convert A day in the life by the beatles, it already mentions Blackburn. (maybe a bad suggestion but still)

Most of the people on here probably don't even go in the singing section, this is a song that has generated entirely from a group of about 30 fans in the Blue Brigade its obviously not unpopular to them is it. The idea is don't like it don't sing it, instead of making inacurate statements about something you don't know about

therefore the club should play it before the match to appease 30 people out of 23,000?

because thats what emailing them and asking them to do it is? i'm sure more than 30 people prefer it if we didnt!

Archived