BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Darwen End Singing Section

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldnt really tell what the flag was - is there a pic of it?

Atmosphere was poor yesterday, Blackburn End were poor when the team was poor - Darwen End was very quiet.

As for Blackpool - their away support was supposedly going to shock us?! Ha never heard them much, except for when it was 2-0.

Correct - Blackpool's support was terrible. Good numbers but very, very quiet.

Correct - Blackpool's support was terrible. Good numbers but very, very quiet.

They think they were amazing on their 'AVFTT' messageboard... :lol: A few renditions mainly 'Best trip'... all were sat down for 90mins which makes any singing less effective as a standing crowd.

Also, when you walk past the Fernhurst, the away fans are always outside singing when in large numbers... walked past about 2.30pm and not a muff! They have too many new supporters out on a day trip!

I thought they were pretty good to be honest but Blackpool are a lot like us in a way, a hefty percentage of even their away support is old folks, women and families. You compare that to clubs like Newcastle who seem to bring a 100% demographic of 20-50 year old drunk males and its not really suprising they're louder. Having said that we were probably better at Wigan in a game we lost.

• 2 weeks later...

A few of us from the singing area are moving together to Block W01 in the JW stand when we have to vacate for the Man city game. Anyone who wants to join us will be more than welcome :tu:

Darwen End ST holders have this area (and W07 above) reserved until Friday this week, walk-on's and people who swap their ST's will be able to get a ticket here from Saturday onwards.

:brfc:

• 1 month later...

In addition to the Facebook group we now have a discussion forum site set up... all welcome :D

LINK

It is operational but work is still going on to tidy up the graphics/images on the main page etc. So any Darwen End based fans, or anyone else for that matter would like to join, you would be more than welcome!

(Thanks Glenn, for allowing me to share)

• 3 weeks later...

San Lorenzo's fans (Buenos Aires) are in a different league, literally. Came across this You Tube link a few days ago. The song is, I think, their main anthem and is a really catchy number and one that would be a belter as ours. No other fans use it so it would be unique from an English perspective. It's in Spanish, so would have to make up some lyrics.

San Lorenzo's fans (Buenos Aires) are in a different league, literally. Came across this You Tube link a few days ago. The song is, I think, their main anthem and is a really catchy number and one that would be a belter as ours. No other fans use it so it would be unique from an English perspective. It's in Spanish, so would have to make up some lyrics.

WOW :o There are some pretty impressive videos out there of foreign teams but that was just incredible. As much as we'll be working to improve each season, I just think that is a level that will never be reached by any English team anymore. We're too well off as a society, there's too many draconian stadium laws discouraging ultra groups and I just don't think Rovers fans have that kind of mentality. To get to the stage in that video you need a poor country where football is literally all people live for, you need none of this fireproofing banners/all seaters stadiums/nothing blocking the corporate boxes nonsense that is prevalent in english football, and you need fans who put atmosphere before whats happening on the pitch. Probably less than 5% of Rovers fans fall into even that last category.

Yes, I agree with everything you say there B & W.

I've watched that you tube clip every day since I found it - it's incredible, the fans, the numbers, the noise, the song itself.

A couple of beers before the game, watching a good Rovers team thump someone, a fantastic atmosphere inside the ground, plenty of singing and a couple of beers afterwards. What could be better? :brfc:

Just had an idea for a banner. Similar to man ure`s LOVE UNITED HATE GLAZERS banner.

howzabout LOVE ROVERS NOT KEEN ON CHICKENS YET

Grasshoppers play their home games in the stadium of arch rivals FC Zurich. Partly because of this, their gates are low, only averaging around 7k. But, some 1.5 to 2k of them stand together behind the nets at the end nearest to their old ground, Hardturm. The noise is much louder than at Ewood.

http://www.kurzpass.ch/2011/35-runde/-22052011/gc-zuerich-fc-sion-22052011-15156.html

• 1 month later...

Archived