BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Darwen End Singing Section

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know, but if we are correcting, you have to correct right.

The post below me should have been somebody taking off my exclamation mark, then we would have been sorted.

Doesn't matter.

I was just stating the word he should have used :unsure:

Oh what have I started :lol: it was me who posted the lyrics on the facebook group because we sung the first verse and the chorus against QPR but none of us knew the lyrics to the second verse, so I thought I'd make a song sheet, post it on the group so people could discuss the song and print it off for the next home game and we'd try it again.

To me it's just a song, if it doesn't get going we will try something else and move on but the reaction by some on here is quite worrying,

right so back to my original point about contacting the club asking them to play it before the games!

so, after one game and half a song an email has requested this.. suppose it doesn't take off and you move on and change song, are we going to have to email the club asking them to play a new song every 3 games?

you posting the lyrics and trying to get it going is fair enough, shouldn't you find out if it works before asking the club to start playing it before the game? just in case it doesn't

just a sensible idea maybe?

right so back to my original point about contacting the club asking them to play it before the games!

so, after one game and half a song an email has requested this.. suppose it doesn't take off and you move on and change song, are we going to have to email the club asking them to play a new song every 3 games?

you posting the lyrics and trying to get it going is fair enough, shouldn't you find out if it works before asking the club to start playing it before the game? just in case it doesn't

just a sensible idea maybe?

I didn't email the club but I'm sure they get requests all the time for songs to be played before the game and they haven't changed it, so it's very unlikely the club will play the song anyway.

I didn't email the club but I'm sure they get requests all the time for songs to be played before the game and they haven't changed it, so it's very unlikely the club will play the song anyway.

well the majority of us (or the 'cling ons' as the blue brigade call us all) will be delighted about that

Yeah and where does it say replace you imbicile, you are taking 2 and 2 and making 5 out of this it was merely a suggestion as for the stupid comments about fearsome leader at least I had the balls to dedicate my time and money to try and help improve the atmosphere instead of criticising why don't you come and stand with us and we will happily have a go at singing anything you think would be "more suitable", I think people are taking this singing section too seriously we only want to make ewood once again loud and colourful, end of

now now, follow the forum rules. no peronal attacks on other members.

having this debate is good but you shouldnt resort to perosnal attacks.

FYI I think its a silly idea changing the song played when teams come out. though i do like the idea of a club anthem. rather than arguing why dont we all try to come up with an anthem that most people actually agree on

now now, follow the forum rules. no peronal attacks on other members.

having this debate is good but you shouldnt resort to perosnal attacks.

FYI I think its a silly idea changing the song played when teams come out. though i do like the idea of a club anthem. rather than arguing why dont we all try to come up with an anthem that most people actually agree on

Because of some people's attitudes!! you tell them the song won't work and all they can say back is "I hope it takes off now to rub it in"

then you wonder why they all jump around shouting "Lets all have a disco"

all this belongs at liquid and envy's under 16's night

• Backroom

To be fair I know one of the guys who I believe was heavily involved from the start (Si), went to school with him and he's a top guy. There will be some young chavs in there but that's only because the atmosphere has attracted them and we do have an element of young numpty fans as evidenced by away games last season.

Some of the lads and lasses in there just want to get behind the team and that's great, what we don't want is an us against them mentality.

I would have liked it had N01 become the unreserved area as then maybe the whole Blackburn End would join in in force but you would have bloodshed if you told the season ticket holders they were to be uplifted.

Ahh this has got daft...

All i've got to say is yes the group is called blue Brigade, and there's a lot of generalisation going on here... "blue brigade say this, that and the other"

some of us just want to support the team... not trade insults and I consider myself sensible OHMI thanks. By saying these things you are tarring everybody with the same brush for things that may have happened / annoyed you.

• Backroom

You're a touchy soul you.

Your posts on this thread have been extremely negative, if you don't have anything positive or at least constructive to say don't say it at all!

personal attacks, he has been making things up to try and damage the image we have worked hard to achieve including relations with the club and the police, he has just referred to me as a fearless leader, when I have done nothing but dedicate my time to the singing section, I will say no more

• Backroom

An anthem would be great. Savage Garden would make us a laughing stock. Something which the Blue Brigade seem to be on a mission to do.

Care to explain how the Blue Brigade are on a mission to make rovers a laughing stock? That corner of the Darwen End is the only place in the ground where there are fans singing constantly for 90 minutes, better than sat in silence!

They also try and divide support and have a pompous attitude about themselves. They have stolen Accy's songs and at Newcastle they were singing 'stand up for the Darwen End'. Why would you do that?

How do you know? I very, very highly doubt you sit in the Darwen End!

I doubt Accy stole 'C'mon cheer the boys, Stanley make some noise' from abroad.

The Blue Brigrade are embarrassing. I respect what you are trying to do. But some ideas are cringeworth. An example I saw was bringing flares in to the ground.

And now we're embarrassing? I'll tell you what's embarrassing, 'fans' like you who are constantly moaning about things, you're probably one of the people who shout to get David Dunn off the pitch because he has a bit of a belly on him, whereas we sing his name!

It's a silly idea and deserves knocking.

Entitled to your opinion, but care to elaborate?

All you have to do is scroll up this page and find more demoralising comments from you, what's the point? :rolleyes:

For me, Blue Brigade's a bit of a silly name - why not just stay the Darwen Ender's?! They make good noise, though, and definitely add something, so in the end the name means nothing. Hope it all goes well for them.

On the other hand, Truly Madly Deeply? Why not just go for Iris, or hell, Toxic? :) If we want an anthem, let one develop over time. Now that people are singing again, it will happen.

Care to explain how the Blue Brigade are on a mission to make rovers a laughing stock? That corner of the Darwen End is the only place in the ground where there are fans singing constantly for 90 minutes, better than sat in silence!

How do you know? I very, very highly doubt you sit in the Darwen End!

And now we're embarrassing? I'll tell you what's embarrassing, 'fans' like you who are constantly moaning about things, you're probably one of the people who shout to get David Dunn off the pitch because he has a bit of a belly on him, whereas we sing his name!

Entitled to your opinion, but care to elaborate?

All you have to do is scroll up this page and find more demoralising comments from you, what's the point? :rolleyes:

and i suppose your superior to ohmi because you chant dunnys name? dunny has been poor for much of this season, i know it, you know it heck i bet the queens mother knows it! most of us might not chant his name, but many of us dont boo or diss him either. mind you i suppose anyone who did diss the golden boy would be hung for treason.

azzyb - that may be the case but there was still no need to resort to personal attacks. nothing mark has said has warrented what you called him

I'm a darwen end season ticket holder, and in a lot of respects, applaud the singing section (Blue Brigade if they prefer) for improving the atmosphere.

However, please do not try and get a savage garden song adopted as our anthem!! Also, please stop copying rubbish Accy Stanley songs! We can do better than that! The Slade 'Come on Feel the Noise is okay though, but not original.

Just a thought, the wild rover is our most original, traditional and in my opinion best song. It's also half unique. Why not come up with a second verse that is more geered towards Rovers? "I've followed the Rovers for many a year..." as a start, and the no ney never chorus about rovers, but not cheesy lyrics like the version the players come out to.

Or as an earlier poster said, 'a day in the life' by the beatles already mentions blackburn, the fanzine was called 4000 holes. In my opinion it would be a good original anthem.

That's my two penneth anyway for what its worth. Just be good to hae a song that isn't cringeworthy and mocked by other fans!

personal attacks, he has been making things up to try and damage the image we have worked hard to achieve including relations with the club and the police, he has just referred to me as a fearless leader, when I have done nothing but dedicate my time to the singing section, I will say no more

firstly I wouldn't just come on here to make things up when i have already stated i fully agree with what you are trying to achieve, everything i have put on here that has come from your facebook page has been quoted directly from it

secondly, i didn't refer to you as a fearless leader, i was simply quoting from your facebook page, as people within "your ranks" (as you called them) have referred to you as that

lets keep it factual shall we

You're a touchy soul you.

If somebody labelled something you were a part of and you didn't like it or think it was accurate... would you not put your point across?

Like I said earlier it's easy to knock people's idea's when you don't have any of your own... or do you have any? (ie I think that's a bad idea but what about 'this') Not difficult is it?

You attempt to label everybody in the Darwen End with your 'put downs' despite the fact those people have come together and made Ewood a better place! You'll always get some idiots in any stand/ground you go to however the club, players and other fans have commented on how it has improved the atmosphere and how well it is going.

Archived