BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Darwen End Singing Section

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Care to explain how the Blue Brigade are on a mission to make rovers a laughing stock? That corner of the Darwen End is the only place in the ground where there are fans singing constantly for 90 minutes, better than sat in silence!

How do you know? I very, very highly doubt you sit in the Darwen End!

And now we're embarrassing? I'll tell you what's embarrassing, 'fans' like you who are constantly moaning about things, you're probably one of the people who shout to get David Dunn off the pitch because he has a bit of a belly on him, whereas we sing his name!

Entitled to your opinion, but care to elaborate?

All you have to do is scroll up this page and find more demoralising comments from you, what's the point? :rolleyes:

Newcastle away - singing stand up for the Darwen End. Same people at Sunderland chanting the stuff I posted earlier: '5-1 to the Newcastle', 'let's pretend we've scored a goal'.

You're correct I do not. My girlfriend and her dad do though. Try and to create an atmosphere fair enough - I respect that. But the Blue Brigade having this attitude where they are the true fans of Rovers and the rest aren't is silly. Such as commenting about me and typing fans'. I went to Accy on bank holiday Monday and a lot of the Accy songs I've heard recently at Ewood. The Stanly Ultras were formed way before the Blue Brigade. Wanting to create an atmosphere is great - trying to mimic another club isn't. Try a bit of originality instead of being a pretty much carbon copy of another. My father-in-law sums it up perfectly when he says the Dale Caverse (or whatever it's called) sounds like a bunch of ###### up lads ;)

You probably do not know how I am at games, so that's a bit of a non-starter really.

SAVAGE GARDEN??? WTF!!! Laughing stock or what!

Who's idea was this?? Im sorry but that has to be one of the Gayest songs you could pick, especially as a footy anthem. All for an anthem....but not that FFS.

It's a Puma advert but I suppose if you've not seen the video you would think WTF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-_rf2jVxxY

Please please please NO DRUMS!

Do you even sit in the Darwen End? I'm assuming MattyBlue doesn't going off his profile. If not then you have no idea as to whether a drum would help us or not. At present we don't have enough singers and all the songs are sung way too fast, which is a totally different situation to the Blackburn End. Over there the singing was fine until they brought a drummer in who sat about 100 metres away from NO1, we're on about getting a drummer right in amongst us. It works at Stanley, it works at every other ultra group across the country, it would work with us.

As for OhmiBRFC with his ridiculous beef about us copying Stanley, do you think they invented this type of thing? No, they're a direct copy of FC United, songs and all! Who in turn are a copy of the European-style ultra groups. Theres nothing wrong with copying something that works, all we're trying to do is create an atmosphere, not discover the wheel.

As for the Savage Garden song, I'm not a big fan but I'll join in if someone starts it (as is the point of the Darwen End). I totally agree on us needing a club anthem though, we're one of the top 10 most successful clubs in England ever, if Stoke have one we should do!

Sorry, is Savage Garden really any more "gay" than "why why why, Deliah"? Or "im forever blowing pretty bubbles in the air"? I can't see how it is.

If someone starts it, I'm joining in.

the savage garden thing is shocking.

as many people have said, "a day in the life" seems like the natural choice- easy to sing, links with Blackburns 4000 holes, and is very famous.

something simple like

I read the news today, oh boy,

about a local man who loved his club,

he had a dream, to win the league,

in 1995, jack stood there with tears & we've lived his dreammmmm....

The Rovers

Do you even sit in the Darwen End? I'm assuming MattyBlue doesn't going off his profile. If not then you have no idea as to whether a drum would help us or not.

YES! I have been a Darwen End season ticket holder for the last two seasons. I live a considerable distance from Ewood Park so can't get to every single game as it involves a flight and overnight stay.

I used to sit in the Jack Walker stand towards the Darwen End to be as far away as possible from the drummer and was only able to get to a handful of games a season. I bought match tickets on an individual basis.

Singing is helpful, and it is good that the unreserved seating in the Darwen End allows those who wish to sing to sit together.

Drums, vuvuzelas, or other instruments are incredibly annoying and add nothing whatsover to the atmosphere. Crowd reaction be it singing, cheering, applauding, ooh-ing or ahh-ing is what creates an atmosphere - not artifical aids.

If the club is trying to grow globally the image presented on television also needs to be considered. You probably never got to see any Blackburn home games on tv as you are at Ewood, but believe me drums etc are very very annoying!

If the club allow drums into the Darwen End then unfortunately I will no be renewing my season ticket and the club will be losing that guaranteed revenue, and I'll go back to buying individual tickets to occasional games elsewhere in the ground. I'll probably switch my expediture to more away games that are easier for me to get to anyway.

YES! I have been a Darwen End season ticket holder for the last two seasons. I live a considerable distance from Ewood Park so can't get to every single game as it involves a flight and overnight stay.

I used to sit in the Jack Walker stand towards the Darwen End to be as far away as possible from the drummer and was only able to get to a handful of games a season. I bought match tickets on an individual basis.

Singing is helpful, and it is good that the unreserved seating in the Darwen End allows those who wish to sing to sit together.

Drums, vuvuzelas, or other instruments are incredibly annoying and add nothing whatsover to the atmosphere. Crowd reaction be it singing, cheering, applauding, ooh-ing or ahh-ing is what creates an atmosphere - not artifical aids.

If the club is trying to grow globally the image presented on television also needs to be considered. You probably never got to see any Blackburn home games on tv as you are at Ewood, but believe me drums etc are very very annoying!

If the club allow drums into the Darwen End then unfortunately I will no be renewing my season ticket and the club will be losing that guaranteed revenue, and I'll go back to buying individual tickets to occasional games elsewhere in the ground. I'll probably switch my expediture to more away games that are easier for me to get to anyway.

There's always going to be differences in opinion as we saw with the suggested song... but we took a vote on the Singing Section's site and it was agreed we would look into having a drum on a trial basis to see if it helps (or indeed doesn't help) the group. After a game or two we would again put it out to the group as to whether we carry on with it.

One thing is for sure - if we do have it, it will work differently to the one in the Blackburn End which was positioned on the front row and away from the singers causing time delay in him beating along to songs which in turn ruined the atmosphere in some people's opinion due to being out of time. We will have it within the core group of singers, the exact location is yet to be finalised. We feel it will further improve what we've got going and obviously there is only one way to find out.

Just to add Ben, we bang on the advertising boards just under the boxes and that's a similar sound to a drum so there wouldn't be much difference. Against QPR a steward told me to stop banging I'm not sure why probably some elf 'n' safety law but if the drum's up on the back row near the singers it'll sound brilliant and we'll clap and sing in sync with the drum.

Have I completely misunderstood this? It seems to me that the puma advert is taking the ###### out of a) Misconceptions of a load of blokes who look like thugs , and B) The Savage Garden song itself?

So, people now want to start singing a song, presumably for years, that was a joke in the first place?

However, the love in that Sky had with the Kop before the Merseyside Derby yesterday was ridiculous but it backs up the basic point behind this campaign - that it would be fantastic for the whole of Ewood to sing the same song, for us to have our own anthem. I don't think Savage Garden is right and I also don't think we could have anything with lyrics specific to Rovers. It needs to be something simple, well known and sounding good when sang in a group. It doesn't need to be anything about football - as someone has already pointed out, how many West Ham fans have any idea why they sing "I'm forever blowing bubbles" or Stoke fans with "Delilah"? The songs have become about showing unity and creating an atmosphere.

• Backroom

It would only work if a lot joined in and I'm still not sure on the song but it is pretty catchy in the Puma ad.

The song just reminds me of school discos in the late 90's though.

Why not sing Blur (Ewood) Parklife ha

Please please please NO DRUMS!

Have to agree, if the drum comes in the DE I will be contacting the club to show my disapproval and that I will not be taking a seat there next season.

Having the drum at the back with the singing section will only make the noise from the drum sound even louder than it did in the BE. :(

We're thinking of having this but instead of singing just one verse like other clubs do, we're going to sing most of the song. I think we're cutting out the bit 'like a river flows' and I've heard this was sung years ago in the Blackburn End so we could be onto a winner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFSfdL5lPoY

It doesn't need to be anything about football - as someone has already pointed out, how many West Ham fans have any idea why they sing "I'm forever blowing bubbles" or Stoke fans with "Delilah"? The songs have become about showing unity and creating an atmosphere.

Stoke fans sing Delilah because when they were playing away (Forest I think) and they were taking the Pi*s out of a bloke in the home end, they thought he looked like Tom Jones and Delilah has stuck ever since, I work with a lot of Stoke fans.

We're thinking of having this but instead of singing just one verse like other clubs do, we're going to sing most of the song. I think we're cutting out the bit 'like a river flows' and I've heard this was sung years ago in the Blackburn End so we could be onto a winner.

Years ago? You're making me feel old. :s

• Backroom

This is much better and we have sung it as long as I remember, last I heard it was last season I think.

Archived