BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Darwen End Singing Section

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interested to see if anybody can come up with alternative lyrics for this one,

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJF6PBhAhlo?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJF6PBhAhlo?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJF6PBhAhlo?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Would be interesting to see if anyone can think of any alternative lyrics for this anthem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJF6PBhAhlo

Well you did ask

'Hold a chicken in the air

And sing out loud Arte Labore

Buy BRFC

Then set out your Plan of War

Paint the whole place Blue ( ..and WHITE!)

Then grin and bear your teeth

Form a 'points target

And pretend its name is Keith (..ANDREWS!)

Skin the opposition alive

Learn to speak in Blackburn tongue

Take over the club

And join in the Ewood Song

Beat the so called big four turn their laughter into tears

Casserole the rest

Disembowel the Premier for years.'

This is much better and we have sung it as long as I remember, last I heard it was last season I think.

Seconded. People know it, it's easy to pick up, it's got a slow enough pace, it works. Now we just have to convince enough people!

By the way, enough of the chicken song "jokes".

ben 200 & Co of the Darwen End - well done in your efforts to get things going an improving the atmosphere - you will always have the stigma of 'footy' songs being used by others or that they should be sporadic or off the cuff- trust me I have tried myself over the years - it was much easier to to get something going when it was terracing.

here's my addition for an anthem idea's if you want to have a go - something I have posted before and I'll be damned if its used by any other club (Please no Savage Garden though)

to the tune of Abba's - Thank You (For the Music)

'THANKYOU FOR THE ROVERS

We have something special, in fact its folklore

We are not a joke you've heard of us before

We have a club a wonderful thing

Everyone listens when we start to sing

Were so grateful and proud

All we want is to sing it out loud

So we say

Thank you for the Rovers, the songs were singing

Thanks for all the joy they're bringing

If you can live without em, we ask in all honesty

What would life be?

Would you rather watch Burnerleee

So we say thank you for the Rovers

And giving them to me

Mother's say we where Rovers before we could walk

They say we began to sing long before we could talk

And we've often wondered, how did it all start?

Who found out that Rovers can capture a heart

Like a melody can?

Well, whoever it was, we are forever a fan

So we say

Thank you for the Rovers……'

Or if you prefer a Rod Stewart ditty

'The Rhythm of our hearts is beating like a drum

With the words we love you rolling of our tongues

No matter where we roam , we know our place is home

With the Blue and Whites

Down at E...wood'

Or back to the chicken theme and the 'Dawning of a new Era' (also similar to another topic on here)

DAWNING OF A NEW ERA -THE SPECIALS

'This is the dawning of a new era

This is the dawning of a new era

I met a girl from area three

She told me that she worked in a chicken factory

dn dn dn dn dn dn dn dn dn ... Rovers!'

• Moderation Lead

Ha yeah I always thought 'Just can't get enough' woudl work as a footy song- heard some Bolton fans singing it on the train to the game at the Breezeblock earlier in the season!

Thumbs up!

Ye that's a good one.

Oh btw we have a song for Hoilett too,

Junior Junior running down the wing

Junior Junior running down the wing

Can he beat his man?

Course he f**kin' can!

JUNIOR JUNIOR JUNIOR

Just a quick one...

We're having a flag (and scarf) day in the Darwen End for the WBA game... some of the lads have been making home-made one's, they're only of a certain size in order to comply with fire regulations (larger flags need to be fire resistant), but it should be a good showing nevertheless.

If you're in the Darwen End (or indeed any other part of the ground) bring one along!

COYB.

Bugger it, someone give me a good phrase to put on a banner.

Englands most sucessfull town club?

as for the "i cant help falling in love with you". yes rovers used to sing it loads on the old Blackburn End, but so do LOADS of clubs, including PNE.

it would never be our anthem, and would never be associated with us in the press etc.

we need an anthem.

as for the "i cant help falling in love with you". yes rovers used to sing it loads on the old Blackburn End, but so do LOADS of clubs, including PNE.

it would never be our anthem, and would never be associated with us in the press etc.

we need an anthem.

It needs a classic song with a catchy tune that most people know.

How about 'I only want to be with you'.

The first verse only, with the last line altered doesn't sound too bad (might be too mushy for some but it's no worse than "i cant help falling in love with you")

I don't know what it is that makes me love you so

I only know I never want to let you go

'Cause you started something, can't you see

That ever since we met you've had a hold on me

It happens to be true, the Rovers we love you

Sung more upbeat as the Tourists did rather than Dusty's version. Radio Rovers to play it before every game.

It needs a classic song with a catchy tune that most people know.

How about 'I only want to be with you'.

The first verse only, with the last line altered doesn't sound too bad (might be too mushy for some but it's no worse than "i cant help falling in love with you")

'Cause you started something, can't you see

That ever since we met you've had a hold on me

It happens to be true, the Rovers we love you

Sung more upbeat as the Tourists did rather than Dusty's version. Radio Rovers to play it before every game.

[media]

[/media

like it, simple and catchy. just make it a bit more Roverish?

'Cause Jack started something, so can't you see

this famous football club won the premier league

the best team that is true, the famous halves of white and blue. :brfc:

*UPDATE* FAO Darwen End singers...

We are moving to the middle again for WBA game... Spread the word to fellow DE'ers :)

COYB!

Can't make it unfortunately, being at Cardiff makes it hard enough but the 3 exams next week make it nigh on impossible!

I'll look out for you all on tv :brfcsmilie:

like it, simple and catchy. just make it a bit more Roverish?

'Cause Jack started something, so can't you see

this famous football club won the premier league

the best team that is true, the famous halves of white and blue. :brfc:

Its too "quick" to be an anthem.

First post on here ,, but had to comment because this thread is starting to wind me up.

I've stood right in the very top corner of the darwen end for two seasons now singing my heart out and have noticed the atmosphere steadily getting better and better... So why mess around with the concept?

You are in danger of turning what is supposed to be a load of people having a beer and a laugh with their mates whilst cheering on the team they love, we've never needed any gimmicks last season or this season so why now?

Also do you not think that switching the small percentage of "the blue brigade" that read this message board to the middle of the stand and leaving all the fans who don't in the corner will just kill what atmosphere has steadily been created over the last 2 years??

Sorry if my first post is a bit of a whingy one but I just think your making a bit of a mistake

First post on here ,, but had to comment because this thread is starting to wind me up.

I've stood right in the very top corner of the darwen end for two seasons now singing my heart out and have noticed the atmosphere steadily getting better and better... So why mess around with the concept?

You are in danger of turning what is supposed to be a load of people having a beer and a laugh with their mates whilst cheering on the team they love, we've never needed any gimmicks last season or this season so why now?

Also do you not think that switching the small percentage of "the blue brigade" that read this message board to the middle of the stand and leaving all the fans who don't in the corner will just kill what atmosphere has steadily been created over the last 2 years??

Sorry if my first post is a bit of a whingy one but I just think your making a bit of a mistake

We asked around and the majority wanted to try out the move... its not just on here, its on our own page as well as other rovers fan sites...

Archived