BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Cup 2010-2011

Tom

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrible draw. At home would have been so-so, but away to a Prem side?

The only positive I can draw out of it is that it will be a very accurate test of Steve Kean's credentials as opposed to Sam's.

If Kean wins the tie perhaps people will shut up about Sam for five minutes.

Still, if Samba goes to Villa, he'll give away a penalty to us and get sent off :D

Fed up with that place. Another two trips there this season then. Shoved up on a platform in the middle of the Villa fans. Gah <_<

I knew it would happen. Every freaking season.

Well, to be fair its only happened last season and this season.

Not good but theres no point crying about it.

Hopefully we can beat them, that way we can definatly avoid them in the 5th round draw.

What a load of rubbish, about the worst draw possible I would rather even united away I'm just sick of bloody Villa.

Pain in the rearend getting them again but it turns into a good draw if we win it and its another Premiership side out.

Got to be positive.

why does everyone hate Villa... I think we'll win this year :)... hopefully cheap tickets too!

Fed up with going there. Wanted a change.

Sparky 12: "United" - and it's what they're (they are) called, not "Untied"

Phew. Was just checking, thought for a crazy minute there that one match followed the other. The cup match should be on or around Saturday 29th January, and the league match is on Saturday 26th February ...

And if Rovers win the tie perhaps people will shut up about Kean for five minutes.

Hopefully we can beat this lot this time ...... on the supporters scale of annoying fans Villa are in the top bracket with those of Spurs and Arsenal.

The only positive I can draw out of it is that it will be a very accurate test of Steve Kean's credentials as opposed to Sam's.

An accurate test of Steve Kean's credentials as opposed to Sam's can only be done after a couple of seasons.

It's one thing to achieve success in individual matches, get a new manager bounce or even have a good season.

It's another thing to have sustained success over multiple seasons with different clubs.

Deal.

In all seriousness, I think its a match we can win.

• 5 prem teams already out
  • 2 facing replays
  • Gauranteed that at least 4 more will go in the next round from all prem ties

Progress at Villa away and its a MASSIVE step forward

So let's win it then. Why not shoot for a cup final? :rover:

Deal.

In all seriousness, I think its a match we can win.

So let's win it then. Why not shoot for a cup final? :rover:

Why not indeed! We have as good a chance as them to progress. Time it was us. We could have had a much worse draw.

I wonder what Trent Villa thinks.

Archived