BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Cup 2010-2011

Tom

In what way Alan?

Hi Matt.

In the way that the worlds biggest club, with Rooney on 150k could not beat a non league team convincingly. In fact they were hanging on.

There is no way any player can be that much better than someone else in terms of wages. If a Crawley player was on 1k a week would you say Rooney was 150 times better? Do 150 times more work? Be worth 150 Crawley players?

No. Its daft

I can`t take it seriously anymore. I`ve stopped going, stopped watching, cancelled sky and the sooner it all implodes the better. The premier league is a fake.

The hype it creates is ridiculous. Just look at the transfer window thread on here. Thousands and thousands of viewings and replies and for what. RSC, Jones and a couple of foreign lads I`ve never heard of.

I go and watch Cheltenham now.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no way any player can be that much better than someone else in terms of wages. If a Crawley player was on 1k a week would you say Rooney was 150 times better? Do 150 times more work? Be worth 150 Crawley players?

That works with every industry in the world. People perceived to be at the top are paid ridiculous amounts of money, massively more than they are worth relative to other people in the industry.

Hi Matt.

In the way that the worlds biggest club, with Rooney on 150k could not beat a non league team convincingly. In fact they were hanging on.

No. Its daft

I can`t take it seriously anymore. I`ve stopped going, stopped watching, cancelled sky and the sooner it all implodes the better. The premier league is a fake.

The hype it creates is ridiculous. Just look at the transfer window thread on here. Thousands and thousands of viewings and replies and for what. RSC, Jones and a couple of foreign lads I`ve never heard of.

Fair enough, I agree to an extent, however the top sides have always been capaple of slipping up against a minnow, beauty of the game, it is the crazt amounts of money in football and Sky hype that has put this false myth of grandeur on players such as Rooney.

Who knows what next season will bring with Venky's, but I believe that 19 matches for £210 is superb and BRFC deserve our support even if the rest of the game is a sham. It is Sky TV that pay our players obscene amounts, not Rovers match goers.

Some good points and Rovers is great value. I just happen to live down here and I can relate to the lads at Cheltenham as they are as bad as I am :)

All this " Super Sunday " stuff is crap though. Who was it last week? Bolton v Wigan or something.

Paul Ince doing what he does best: Getting thrashed at PL grounds.

Actually, much as I dont like Ince, his side did not deserve that scoreline, indeed at one point they were holding City at one nil and had a couple of great chances and Hart made a wonder save, well, two of them, credit where its due, County managed to 'up' their game today.

As for Crawley, they did ever so well but they will suffer for that game for a while, it will have taken lots out of them and thay will be back down to earth nextr week in their Blue Square games.

Actually, much as I dont like Ince, his side did not deserve that scoreline, indeed at one point they were holding City at one nil and had a couple of great chances and Hart made a wonder save, well, two of them, credit where its due, County managed to 'up' their game today.

As for Crawley, they did ever so well but they will suffer for that game for a while, it will have taken lots out of them and thay will be back down to earth nextr week in their Blue Square games.

I was just being a bitch.... Sheeeesh!

Anyway, City still look average without Tevez, which is appalling considering how much they've spent.

Hi Matt.

No. Its daft

Two words, market forces.....

Do you think Bill Gates is 600 billion times better at computers than Computer Science graduate, no because that's not how pay works, not in football or any other job.

Now does Rooney bring 150 times more in shirt sales that the Crawley players, does he bring in 150 times more in TV money and add to season ticket prices...yeah probably.

You have the right idea though if you want to burst the high paid footballer bubble. I also got rid of Sky a while a go and just watch the game soon the internet now. I don't think the EPL will implode but the Golden Age of TV money may be coming to an end, especially if that women win that court case.

Archived