BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Maradona

philipl

Oh give it a rest. Philip just passed on what he heard on Sky Sports News, there was no mention or reference to Rovers unless you are specifically looking for it.

I'm finding this harrying of philipl and other board members with different views to be very tiresome, and I am sure I am not the only one.

Really? Well seeing as SSN in the same segment mentioned that he was being linked to have talks with Fulham then why was that conveniently forgotten in his OP. You may grow tiresome of the harrying of Philip, but I along with others am sick and tired of people twisting any bit of news to prove that rovers are in meltdown.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh give it a rest. Philip just passed on what he heard on Sky Sports News, there was no mention or reference to Rovers unless you are specifically looking for it.

I'm finding this harrying of philipl and other board members with different views to be very tiresome, and I am sure I am not the only one.

He should have put it in the "Other Premiership" thread then shouldn't he? Wonder why he didn't. :rolleyes:

I know it is only a minority that seem to have agendas

That would be Phil and The Filipinos.

I do not have any specific information on this one but simply putting what I know in the public and private domains warranted this having its own thread.

At this stage I know nothing which suggests the press are any more informed than I am and that the stories are anything more than people taking a lot of evidence together and drawing their own conclusions.

However, it is interesting to see various posters saying that mentioning Maradona on here is the same as me being critical of the Rovers' new ownership- perhaps they should remember that was their initial reaction to the idea of Maradona being at Ewood.

Espn reporting<

Maradona hints at Championship League job

Diego Maradona was linked with the Burnley job last month following Brian Law's sacking

Burnley owners admit Maradona interest

FFS, I heard this today - blooming ridiculous. The rumour goes that our new director and sponsors have been involved in this. Jesus christ, how to turn a club into a laughing stock, I can only hope this story dies quickly before going national.

FFS, I heard this today - blooming ridiculous. The rumour goes that our new director and sponsors have been involved in this. Jesus christ, how to turn a club into a laughing stock, I can only hope this story dies quickly before going national.

Aw come on Longsider! Don't be a spoilsport.You know your lot deserves him. Will definetely make my day to see the headlines: BURNLEY APPOINT ENGLAND'S NEMESIS!!

Fife if I thought he could do a good job for us then I couldn't give a monkey's about his history.

Truth is this is a made up rumour but one that can help to make us look ridiculous, just what we need right now

We feel the same as Rovers supporters about being made to look ridiculous.

Unfortunately for us, it is not made up.

We feel the same as Rovers supporters about being made to look ridiculous.

Unfortunately for us, it is not made up.

You do a pretty good job of acting ridiculous yourself.

You really do have a high opinion of yourself. Speaking for everybody else all time, claiming to be on the inside track.

You're a pain in the jacksy.

Actually, no he's not.

Over the 9 years or so I have been on this site I have always found Philip interesting.

I have always enjoyed his analysis of the accounts and i find him always worth reading.

Is he always correct? I have no idea, but he is always worth reading.

IT LOOKS AS THOUGH I AM REPLYING TO SOMETHING THAT HAS BEEN DELETED IN THE MEANTIME!!

Actually, no he's not.

Over the 9 years or so I have been on this site I have always found Philip interesting.

I have always enjoyed his analysis of the accounts and i find him always worth reading.

Is he always correct? I have no idea, but he is always worth reading.

IT LOOKS AS THOUGH I AM REPLYING TO SOMETHING THAT HAS BEEN DELETED IN THE MEANTIME!!

Indeed, none of the posts were about Maradona or even football, so I kept hitting the unapprove button.

Indeed, none of the posts were about Maradona or even football, so I kept hitting the unapprove button.

Dish out some bans I say, to many complete nuggets and infiltrators on this site these days, and yes you can start with me if you like :tu:

To keep things on topic, wasn't Maradona once banned from football :P

Can you imagine the reception we'd get from every set of fans around the country if we had Maradona as manager? We’d be the most hated club in the country, and not just by the southern media and bumley fans.

As Fife said his hatred of all things British won't help in popularity stakes, also his previous wouldn't help.(hand of god, drugs).

The more pressing issue is he's a poor, poor manager. He only had relative success with the Argintinian national team, a team he should really have won the world cup with but fell to peices when they came up against an organised team.

He will sell chickens in South America though and probably would attract some decent players.

Maradona is not the type of coach/manager or person to be associated with a club like Rovers, indeed, I am pretty glad the Ronaldinho thing died a death, Brazilians for some reason dont have big hearts when they play football, especially at the end of their careers!

Perhaps I'm not that imaginative so could you indulge me. What nefarious things could be coming their way that they might comply with?

For example, is it feasible that they might encourage all the players to sign up for SEM? Would that not be redundant if said agency has "good as set up office at Brockhall"? If I was a player, my agent's job would be to represent me when negotiating with my employers and look after *my* interests. I would be highly unlikely to be encouraged to change my agent on my employers behest.

Jensen is here as an assistant manager, which presumably has a lot to do with the team; taking training and preparing them for matches. I'm not exactly clear what the additional "risk" is given the situation as it stood before we knew who our assistant manager was. So come on, what's the nightmare scenario?All valid points but I had Maradona stepping in above them in mind when I wrote that comment.

All valid points but I had Maradona stepping in above them in mind when I wrote that comment.

As the other thread has been locked, I'll reply here. Am I correct in understanding that your previous comment related to your opinion of the likelyhood of Kean/Jensen accepting Maradona in some sort of role above them, were it to happen, because they are SEM clients?

Cafu and Roberto Carlos excepted.

Stop making generalisations. Each signing needs to be judged on merit not nationality.

I definitely don't want Maradona. Although if he did come (can't see it) I would give him a chance.

I understand that if Balaji gets his way, you will be disappointed.

Maradona comes to a PL club in February

...and Mrs D comes to a PL club in February

We are both on the same side here Bucky in hoping Maradona makes demands Kentaro cannot live with.

I understand that if Balaji gets his way, you will be disappointed.

Maradona comes to a PL club in February

...and Mrs D comes to a PL club in February

We are both on the same side here Bucky in hoping Maradona makes demands Kentaro cannot live with.

A quite clever post really. When the toot sniffer dosnt arrive you can pretend to be pleased really and not have to perform a trade mark flip flop.

You also "understand" that Manyoo are going bust. When's that happening btw?

Archived