BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea Vs ROVERS

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Martin Olsson, Gael Givet, Chris Samba, Niko(?) and Paul Robinson all return this weekend. Potentially Roque too. That's five or six first teamers of real quality. Crikey, might even be a selection problem!

Rovers have been given a welcome injury boost ahead of Saturday's match against Chelsea.

Paul Robinson is back after a calf strain forced him to miss the last three games, Martin Olsson has recovered from his calf problem, whilst Christopher Samba is back after illness.

Despite being stretchered off in last week's 1-0 FA Cup win over Queens Park Rangers, Gael Givet has also trained well and should retain his place at the heart of the Rovers defence.

Nikola Kalinic is also available again after serving his three-match ban.

"The squad's looking much better," said Kean. "We've got some injuries coming back.

"We've got Paul Robinson back fit, Gael Givet's fit, Martin Olsson's fit, and we've got Chris Samba, who had a little bit of flu last week, fit again and he's been on the training ground every day.

"Steven Nzonzi is also back on the grass for the first time in a number of months.

"So we're getting there. We've only got three out now and that's Phil Jones, Vince Grella and Keith Andrews, but everybody else is now back on the grass."

Rovers are expected to select from Robinson, Bunn, Salgado, Samba, Nelsen, Hanley, Givet, Olsson, Dunn, Pedersen, Hoilett, MB Diouf, Benjani, Roberts, Kalinic, EH Diouf, Doran, Goulon, Morris, Lowe.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~2266421,00.html

Good review.

Made a last minute decision to attend this game with another Rover. Leaving Belfast tomorrow for my first ever visit to Stamford Bridge so can anyone please advise of the nearest watering hole before and after the game. I can imagine that this will be pretty expensive and I wish for a 1-1 draw.

Although times have changed and I haven't been for a while the one to avoid at all cost and close to the Ground was 'The Black Bull' - now called the Camel - tended to be decent pubs in the area as long as you had you wits about you but not quite sure what its like nowadays

Finally N'Zonzi is mentioned.

I'm guessing it's definitely been an injury then if he's not even been training. I know it's been hinted at in the past, but it's not been particularly well documented, and the doubters on the board have been whispering.

Chelsea are a side with a seriously dented confidence at the moment (except their 7-0 which just HAD to happen the game before us) I think we need an early goal and then they play scared. Who better to get that goal than Roque?? I reckon he should be started alongside Kalinic throw Hoilett and Olsson full pelt up and down the wings and try and rock them early. If RSC isn't fully fit then sub him off at half time or whatever, depending on the scoreline for an extra midfielder maybe? Bring EH on and put Hoilett between the midfield and attack. Or I hear N'Zonzi might be fit bring him back to sit between the midfield and defence. Or if it's still a draw or we're losing then throw MB on. I think an early goal is what we need and Santa Cruz has to be the favourite to score for us.

Good review.

Made a last minute decision to attend this game with another Rover. Leaving Belfast tomorrow for my first ever visit to Stamford Bridge so can anyone please advise of the nearest watering hole before and after the game. I can imagine that this will be pretty expensive and I wish for a 1-1 draw.

I also have x2 tickets for That Sunday Night Show on Friday evening if anyone else is interested in going. Please view this thread. Thanks.

Groo.

On the kings road just about level with the ground. If you where to come out of the shed cross the first road you come to, there is a group of highrise flats, pass these and the next road you come to, is the kings road, turn right down it and a couple of hundred yards on the left is a good pub with some good banter in the beer garden, no hassle if you are sensible.

• Backroom

Mame has to start and realistically Benjani has earned a place alongside him after Liverpool.

Kalinic earned a place against WBA then threw it away by nearly costing us the game.

Weird to have 5 decent striking options for once.

Guest linganzi

I imagine some of the people missing in the Liverpool thread after the win may make a return in here tomorrow night should we lose

Odd to me. Rovers is an unconditional love

I'd go with Roque and Kalinic up front if both are fully match fit. Only the manager and coaching staff will be able to assess that but I suspect RSC might be eased in gradually off the bench.

Looking forward to this away game aginst a top 3 opponent more than for quite some considerable time.

Got free tickets from work for this one so am sat with the Chelsea fans..lovely. God I'd love a 90th minute Rovers winner so I can go berserk.

Chelsea 0 Rovers 1

if you're travelling by the tube, get off at fulham broadway tube and there are loads of pubs around there.

I'd go with Roque and Kalinic up front if both are fully match fit. Only the manager and coaching staff will be able to assess that but I suspect RSC might be eased in gradually off the bench.

Looking forward to this away game aginst a top 3 opponent more than for quite some considerable time.

cant see him dropping mama d after he's been so good in the last few games. Provides real pace to run in the channels where he wants the wingers to be running and playing balls.

Sam put the bejeebers up Chelsea at Ewood when they were very very lucky to get a win.

But he's gone now. We were very good against chelsea and it was that match that showed just how fragile they are this season. Hopefully we put in a good performance and don't get thumped, but my husband has gone and the only other away games he's been to this season were the defeats against Utd and Bolton. You have been warned who to blame if it all goes wrong!

Sam put the bejeebers up Chelsea at Ewood when they were very very lucky to get a win.

yep- but there was something wrong there, the team went out very unlike a big sam side, we actually gave it a go.

i can only guess the players forgot his team talk, because we actually were pretty entertaining. :rover:

Sam also got us tonked down at the bridge too

A couple of times by wide margins, if I'm not mistaken.

Just found out I got a free ticket through work - score! Shame I'm in the home end, though.

Archived