BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] John Jensen Appointed Assistant Manager

Glad the appointment has made you sit up and take notice.

Give it a rest trying to point score out of every utterance that comes out of the manager's mouth.

I've no idea what Jensen is going to be like but I'm prepared to give him every chance.

I will sit up and take notice if results are better under Kean and Jensen as opposed to Allardyce and McDonald.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give it a rest trying to point score out of every utterance that comes out of the manager's mouth.

I've no idea what Jensen is going to be like but I'm prepared to give him every chance.

I will sit up and take notice if results are better under Kean and Jensen as opposed to Allardyce and McDonald.

It is an odd/strange appointment though, most people I have spoken to think that - I am not point scoring, those were Kean's words.

And like you, if we finish higher than 10th (or even in the top 5, lol), I will be delighted.

In all fairness none of us had a clue who was going to be appointed, given some of the suggestions on the thread, so you could argue most appointments would have been a strange appointment.

Anyway I wish him all the best, and if he is good enough for Laudrup, he's good enough for me.

Wait, what's the joke?

They don't even have the same name?

Was thinking the same myself, surely if you are going to try and crack a joke, he would have got the first name right, and it still wouldnt have been even remotely funny

About what?

You seemed to think yesterday the Jensen appointment had either fallen through or that the owners had changed their mind about appointing Jensen and had decided to go for someone else without telling Steve Kean.

And told me to "open my eyes" about the situation.

:huh:

You seemed to think yesterday the Jensen appointment had either fallen through or that the owners had changed their mind about appointing Jensen and had decided to go for someone else without telling Steve Kean.

And told me to "open my eyes" about the situation.

:huh:

I didn't think any of those things, how could I when I didn't know anything. I was quoting the guardian. edit: to clarify - meaning if the Guardian was correct, then Keen didn't know what was going on with the assistant manager.

The open your eyes comment was a general one to you, about what is actually happening around Ewood Park. Unless of course, you really do believe that everything's rosy. B)

and no, don't ask on here for an explanation.

No idea if its true, so dont shoot the messenger but someone on teamtalk from randers wrote this about Jensen.

I live in Randers in Denmark...the most recent club he coached...he was sacked after 11 games having earned the club 4 points..his way of motivating his squad and bonding with them was to bring in strippers and going on a drinking binge with his squad....when a new manager took over he admitted in the Danish press that he had never seen such an unfit squad..John and his team (Flemming Povlsen and Big Henrik Larsen former Villa player and both Euro92 winners) were a complete disaster..He won the Danish league in 2000 but is the first coach in Denmark to have been relegated with a team that was reigning champions (Herfolge FC) the year after...Him and Laudrup have always been close but Laudrup didn't want him at Spartak Moscow or Real Mallorca...he has been (a bloody aweful) tv pundit for the last 18 monthes in Denmark...good luck...your new assistent manager has a better cv than your manager and yet he's clueless..good luck

No idea if its true, so dont shoot the mesenger but someone on teamtalk from randers wrote this about Jensen.

I live in Randers in Denmark...the most recent club he coached...he was sacked after 11 games having earned the club 4 points..his way of motivating his squad and bonding with them was to bring in strippers and going on a drinking binge with his squad....when a new manager took over he admitted in the Danish press that he had never seen such an unfit squad..John and his team (Flemming Povlsen and Big Henrik Larsen former Villa player and both Euro92 winners) were a complete disaster..He won the Danish league in 2000 but is the first coach in Denmark to have been relegated with a team that was reigning champions (Herfolge FC) the year after...Him and Laudrup have always been close but Laudrup didn't want him at Spartak Moscow or Real Mallorca...he has been (a bloody aweful) tv pundit for the last 18 monthes in Denmark...good luck...your new assistent manager has a better cv than your manager and yet he's clueless..good luck

i dont know about the drinking or the strippers, but all the other things mentioned are correct. Randers new manager Ove christensen, who miraculously achieved survival, was quite straightforward in the danish media, when he claimed the conditioning of the players was abysmal.

likewise is it correct, tht laudrup didnt fancy bringing faxe with him to spartak or mallorca. Otherwise he would have been at mallorca right now.

Good luck to John Jensen- I think you will need it because the circumstances of your appointment are not propitious.

- at least one player was convinced Steve Clarke was coming

- the Kentaro link immediately throws you under a pall of suspicion

- we know you could be stepping backwards if the owners fulfil their Maradona dream.

No idea if its true, so dont shoot the messenger but someone on teamtalk from randers wrote this about Jensen.

Was full of hope for John Jensen but after reading this, oh dear.

Ince plus strippers. :blink:

Good luck to John Jensen- I think you will need it because the circumstances of your appointment are not propitious.

- at least one player was convinced Steve Clarke was coming

And this is a problem why?

Steve Clarke is an excellent assistant manager with a robust track record. If he was available and interested, we absolutely should have gone for him.

If, in the immediate aftermath of Hodgson being sacked he gets a better offer at the last minute to go and work with Dalglish, one of the legends of the game and Liverpool, one of the biggest clubs then I for one completely understand his decision.

Do Kean and Jensen actually know each other?

Presume we will find out more background on this appointment on Thursday/Friday in the pre Chelsea press conference - could be some interesting questions....

Jensen has just said on Radio Lancs that he was contacted by Steve Kean and he stayed with him for 3 days last week. During the stay they talked and he said that they shared the same views on football and after they spoke Kean offered him the position.

He went back home to discuss it with his family. It took an hour for him to decide that this was the right move for him so on Sunday he flew back and it took a couple of days to finalise the deal.

JOHN Jensen is ready to get Blackburn Rovers playing the Arsenal way after insisting the clubs new look management team shared the same footballing philosophies.

The former Gunners midfielder was unveiled as Steve Keans assistant manager on Wednesday, to mark his Premier League return after a 15-year absence, and immediately set his sights on making his boss Ewood revolution a success.

The 45-year-old admitted he knew little about Kean before being approached by the Rovers manager and SEM agent Jerome Anderson about the job at the end of December.

“I think if Michael (Laudrup) had been picked by Blackburn, I think he would have said yes.

"When he was here and talking to the chairman, he was absolutely happy to come here.

“It was between Paul Ince and Michael Laudrup. They chose Paul Ince...

Oh Dear, John Williams. Oh bloody dear :wacko:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived