BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] John Jensen Appointed Assistant Manager

If our band of over-rated yellow belled surrender monkey players, and supposed GROWN MEN, need someone to inspire them, when the situation they have got us into is painfully obvious, then we really are doomed

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that youv'e all taken to slagging of Jensen now shows that there is a vendetta to get Kean not only from the media but our own supporters. Times are tough at the moment we need everybody pulling in the same direction. Most of the people on here who want Kean out wanted Laudrup in as manager now who did he have as his number 2 let me think. If Laudrup was manager we woundt be having this conversation but it was a Kean/Venkys appointment so he must be carp

The fact that youv'e all taken to slagging of Jensen now shows that there is a vendetta to get Kean not only from the media but our own supporters.

No it doesn't, it shows the fans are legitimately questioning our assistant coach's abilities, a coach who was brought in under the promise that Rovers fans would be excited by his appointment (or words to that effect used by Kean just prior to Jensen getting the gig).

Times are tough at the moment we need everybody pulling in the same direction.

No we ned the team to pull in thr right direction and start getting some points, we as fans should back our team on match days too but do you think people moaning here is causing our current downfall? Really?

What's said on here has zero effect on what happens on the field, it's the players' and the manager's (and to a small degree the crowd's) responsibility.

Most of the people on here who want Kean out wanted Laudrup in as manager

I bet that's not true but anyway....

now who did he have as his number 2 let me think. If Laudrup was manager we woundt be having this conversation but it was a Kean/Venkys appointment so he must be carp

I think you mean it was an "SEM" appointment which is why we are moaning more than an independent appointment. The manager/owners SHOULD select the assistant coach, who else would appoint them, the fans?

the club gets stranger and more circusy each day....kean and jensen are both SEM/kentaro clients conincidental ..Kean wasnt doing bad on his own not brilliant but not bad either then Jensen was brought in and results started to go against us ..coincidence maybe..

but the fact is the table and results don't lie and we are in trouble we need a leader not a coach and neither Jensen or kean seem leaders..Venkys need to save face if they have any intention of rescuing which if we go down would the purchase of Rovers a very bad business investment but saying that they have set out one of their aims which was to raise their companies global profile that they have achived at Rovers expense..so worse case scenario if we go down watch them asset strip which any businessman would when an ivestment goes wrong you salvage what you can or throw more cash at it to get it back up and running but unfortunately I don't think Venkys would have the capital to throw back into rovers to get us back up......

I know cruz, why do we even bother with coaching staff at all?! :wacko:

Conveying and formulating ideas is what coaching is all about. Sadly management can do nothing about players ignoring them or just not being adept at carrying them out.

The last manager hardly came accross as an inspiring figure and I recall quite a lot of his planning was thrown out the window as soon as the players crossed that white line away from home. The Kean/Jensen era is just following the same trend as the Allardyce/McDonald era

Hmmm. So the players all wore ear defenders and blindfolds in the dressing room on away games then?

you cant even agree with yourself.

if kean loses, its the players fault.

if sam lost, it was his fault.

Conveying and formulating ideas is what coaching is all about. Sadly management can do nothing about players ignoring them or just not being adept at carrying them out.

The last manager hardly came accross as an inspiring figure and I recall quite a lot of his planning was thrown out the window as soon as the players crossed that white line away from home. The Kean/Jensen era is just following the same trend as the Allardyce/McDonald era

Absolute and utter bloody rubbish cruz. Points are points at the end of the season, wwhether they are won home or away matters not one bit.

cruz You are either a base liar, an imbecile or you are a Burnley PNE fan intent simply on mischief making? At this stage I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume the last option. :angry2:

2008-2009

Last 6 Prem games under Ince

12 09.11.2008 Chelsea home L0-2

13 15.11.2008 Sunderland home L1-2

14 23.11.2008 Tottenham Hotspur away L0-1

15 30.11.2008 Portsmouth away L2-3

16 06.12.2008 Liverpool home L1-3

17 13.12.2008 Wigan Athletic away L0-3

Points 0

First 6 games under Allardyce.

18 20.12.2008 Stoke City home W3-0

19 26.12.2008 Sunderland away D0-0

20 28.12.2008 Manchester City home D2-2

21 17.01.2009 Newcastle United home W3-0

22 28.01.2009 Bolton Wanderers home D2-2

23 31.01.2009 Middlesbrough away D0-0

Points 10

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last 6 games under Allardyce

11 06.11.2010 Wigan Athletic home W2-1

12 10.11.2010 Newcastle United away W2-1

13 13.11.2010 Tottenham Hotspur away L2-4

14 21.11.2010 Aston Villa home W2-0

15 27.11.2010 Manchester United away L1-7

16 04.12.2010 Wolverhampton Wndrs home W3-0

17 12.12.2010 Bolton Wanderers away L1-2

Points 12

First 6 under Kean

18 18.12.2010 West Ham United home D1-1

19 26.12.2010 Stoke City home L0-2

20 28.12.2010 West Bromwich Albion away W3-1

21 01.01.2011 Sunderland away L0-3

22 05.01.2011 Liverpool home W3-1

23 15.01.2011 Chelsea away L0-2

Points 7

Do you want me to find the points total for the last 6 mathes under Kean and Jensen? Well do you? That really will make your comments look either malicious or stupid. I can tell you that it;'s just 4 btw. So basically Kean's reign has seen us glean 11 points from 12 matches in comparison to Allardyces 12 from 6..... and thats including the 7-1 away defeat at OT which must have had you and your mates throwing a celebration party.

You deserve to be banned for such inflammatory mischief making and if it was my decision you bloody well would be..... and you wouldn't be alone either.

btw if anybody has an email address to Mrs Desai please feel free to copy the above.

Just because some of our fans did not like Sam does not mean the players were the same – most if not all of our senior players genuinely believed Sam was one of the best manager’s they have ever played under.

Some people must be on a wind up with some of their recent post on here IMO.

Unfortunately we could be about to find out how good a manager Sam actually was….

Absolute and utter bloody rubbish. Points are points at the end of the season, wwhether they are won home or away matters not one bit.

cruz You are either a base liar, an imbecile or you are a Burnley PNE fan intent simply on mischief making? At this stage I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume the last option. :angry2:

2008-2009

Points 0

Points 10

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Points 12

First 6 under Kean

Points 7

Do you want me to find the points total for the last 6 mathes under Kean and Jensen? Well do you? That really will make your comments look either malicious or stupid. I can tell you that it;'s just 4 btw. So basically Kean's reign has seen us glean 11 points from 12 matches in comparison to Allardyces 12 from 6..... and thats including the 7-1 away defeat at OT which must have had you and your mates throwing a celebration party.

You deserve to be banned for such inflammatory mischief making and if it was my decision you bloody well would be..... and you wouldn't be alone either.

btw if anybody has an email address to Mrs Desai please feel free to copy the above.

There speaketh a man who has well and truly had enough.

Kean/Jensen era same as Big Sam/McDonald....

WHAT? :unsure:

That's a crazy post, I bloody wish it was!

I was in support of Kean at the start (didn't agree with him being our manager but wanted him to do well) but he is clearly out of his depth. That could not be said of Big Sam.

A very sensible post. And if our owners are paying attention, they might learn something from it.

If our band of over-rated yellow belled surrender monkey players, and supposed GROWN MEN, need someone to inspire them, when the situation they have got us into is painfully obvious, then we really are doomed

So the managers not to blame? Unless he's called Sam of course! My how you have changed.

Sorry, but if you listened to what the players said about Sam and Neil McDonald, you would know how highly they were regarded. I can't believe that anyone can mention Kean/Jensen and Sam/McDonald in the same breath. The first two are the clowns who are going to take us to the brink of relegation if not the championship itself. The latter two saved the club from certain relegation and then finished last season in a highly respectable League position - not to mention taking us to a Cup semi-final.

Unfortunately, because of a woman who had never seen a football match in her life, but who believed that she knew how to run a football club, we stand on the brink of ruin. Getting rid of Sam and McDonald was her first step on the road to destroying the work that the likes of Souness, Hughes and Allardyce had done since we regained our top flight status and appointing Kean and Jensen was the second step on the road to ruin.

Sorry, but if you listened to what the players said about Sam and Neil McDonald, you would know how highly they were regarded. I can't believe that anyone can mention Kean/Jensen and Sam/McDonald in the same breath. The first two are the clowns who are going to take us to the brink of relegation if not the championship itself. The latter two saved the club from certain relegation and then finished last season in a highly respectable League position - not to mention taking us to a Cup semi-final.

Unfortunately, because of a woman who had never seen a football match in her life, but who believed that she knew how to run a football club, we stand on the brink of ruin. Getting rid of Sam and McDonald was her first step on the road to destroying the work that the likes of Souness, Hughes and Allardyce had done since we regained our top flight status and appointing Kean and Jensen was the second step on the road to ruin.

Fully 100% agree with the above sentiments.

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched interview with Jensen on Roversworld, his comments below.

Last 2 games the attitude/commitment of the team has been first class

Exciting situation for us

Good time, in his opinion, to be playing Arsenal - got to go for the win against them, got a great chance to get a point or maybe 3

Absolute and utter bloody rubbish cruz. Points are points at the end of the season, wwhether they are won home or away matters not one bit.

2008-2009

Points 0

Points 10

Points 12

First 6 under Kean

Points 7

Well said. I fully agree and am not nitpicking, but for accuracy;

We have only gained 2 points (not four) from the last 6 matches. Spuds at home 0-1, Wigan away 3-4, Barcodes 0-0, Villa away 1-4, Fulham away 2-3, Donkey Lashers 2-2.

We have also played 13 games under Kean and have gained 12 points, not 11 from 12 played as suggested. It is still a pathetic return however, recognising that 10 of the teams played were below us in the table when the match kicked off.

The last 6 games you mention under Allardyce actually covers 7 games detailed. However, ignoring Bolton away for one moment, it would still be four wins out of those 6 games and 12 points gained. Two defeats away at Spuds and United only. (Hardly suprising given their resources and squads). Both heavy defeats admittedly, which those who disliked SA have used ever since as part of their argument to justify his leaving. Taken in the context of 12 points from those 6 games and those two defeats however, it shows how irrelevant those games actually were in the wider scheme of things and how well we were doing at that time.

It would appear that trying to convince otherwise those that felt SA was doing a poor job is nigh impossible, as facts and figures are irrelevant, league placings and finishes are irrelevant and common sense is seemingly also irrelevant. For me this is a shame, as the guy did brilliantly for the Rovers, worked diligently to further and pursue our best interests and although we ALL love amazing pass and move technical football and pretty little triangles of play, SA understood and subsequently employed a strategy agreed with previous owners purely to ensure we stayed up.

Having done what was asked of him to the letter, ie retained our PL status and managed the budget and finances accordingly, I remain suprised at the vitriol against him to this day. I am a little older than some and can state with confidence that managers from days gone by were not treated by our fans and owners in this way and can only presume it is a lack of knowledge and ignorance that fosters this behaviour. Those stating that SA could only play one way further demonstrates and shows the ignorance that surrounds his time and methods at the club.

The stupidity of our owners in following advice given, or by mis-judging the true beliefs of our fans may have damaging and lasting repurcussions for our club that will resonate for decades. If you think back to those last 6 or 7 games under SA and compare with what has happened since, then the difference is marked. Our players have now lost all direction, turmoil and confusion now reigns and group confidence is shot to pieces.

Sadly, those that understood what a tremendous job SA was doing are now suffering along with those that wanted change for change's sake. "Anyone but Sam" will sound very hollow in the Championship!

• Backroom

Just watched interview with Jensen on Roversworld, his comments below.

Last 2 games the attitude/commitment of the team has been first class

Exciting situation for us

Good time, in his opinion, to be playing Arsenal - got to go for the win against them, got a great chance to get a point or maybe 3

I would say quite the opposite, it's a good time for Arsenal to be playing us. Just thinking about how much space and time we'll give Fabregas makes me shudder.

Excellent post OOJW.

Anybody that puts the wellbeing of Blackburn Rovers first will agree with every word of that.

Dislike of a man you've never met or some pie in the sky wish for beautiful football with a squad of (largely) mediocre players shouldnt come into it.

Archived