BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roque Santa Cruz Return - Done Deal

Glenn

For god sake he is a good forward, accept it as you wont be seeing any big money signings

1. His injury record has got worse since leaving Rovers. He has been plagued with persistent problems with his knees.

2. We don't have Bentley anymore. Look at the way he performed when Bentley was here and then when he left. Bentley was one of the best crossers of a ball in the league at the time; he created loads of clear cut chances for Roque to put away.

The way football is he could end up having a decent return here but when you consider various factors I think most would be very sceptical about the overall success of this move.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rocky is a top player when fit. Trouble is he isn't fit, certainly not match fit.

I don't really understand this move. Taking into consideration that Nicko has said that the new owners are prepared to spend what's needed in this window, then surely we should at least be signing someone who's fit enough now.

Don't see how this takes us forward.

Rocky is a top player when fit. Trouble is he isn't fit, certainly not match fit.

I don't really understand this move. Taking into consideration that Nicko has said that the new owners are prepared to spend what's needed in this window, then surely we should at least be signing someone who's fit enough now.

Don't see how this takes us forward.

I like Roque, he's a decent guy and a good footballer when fit and someone is providing the bullets. I have to agree with den, I see no point in this deal but I'm really hoping Kean has got a plan for either the existing players to get the crosses in or we buy someone.

Still it means we have kept all our money available for investing in the midfield. :rolleyes:

yeah I don't see it in the media sites yet either.

As for Santa Cruz, two things:

1) Yes he was good for us - in fact, that was his only good season in his entire career.

2) People should judge for themselves whether they want such an individual representing our club. "All players play only for money and have no loyalty" some will say, but I do hang on the belief that that's not always true. There are still some honest people left who, besides their salaries, are grateful to the clubs that made their careers and are willing to fight for the fans. Roque Santa Cruz is most definitely not one of these people.

3) All of the above is irrelevant anyway, because as always he'll spend most of his time on the injury table. To believe otherwise is illogical and goes against common knowledge.

1. His injury record has got worse since leaving Rovers. He has been plagued with persistent problems with his knees.

2. We don't have Bentley anymore. Look at the way he performed when Bentley was here and then when he left. Bentley was one of the best crossers of a ball in the league at the time; he created loads of clear cut chances for Roque to put away.

The way football is he could end up having a decent return here but when you consider various factors I think most would be very sceptical about the overall success of this move.

1) its a LOAN so if it doesnt work he goes back

2) We have wingers who can get the ball into the right areas

I know we've been hearing about 'the return of Crocky' for the better part of 4 weeks... but I am stunned this is actually happening. I've been crossing my fingers that it was just talk or that if real, it would disappear like a fart in the wind......... :(

i just don't see the 'ambition' in bringing in a guy who'll keep the physio busier than the rival center-half.

good deal for rovers as it is a loan. RSC 1st season for rovers was excellent. When he is fit, he is a very good player. We just got to keep him fit. I'm sure that Kean and his fitness team will keep him fit. Also is the loan with a view to a permanent move with a set agree fee if we want to sign him.

Welcome back to Ewood Park RSC and I hope you can reproduce your 1st season form.

This is Kamy.

Been told that the Roque deal is all but done. Been told by 2 very reliable sources. Believe that all the remains is the formalities such as the medical.

No idea how much Rovers are paying in terms of Wages or if the deal includes an agreed fee which Rovers can activate should they wish to make the deal permanent.

Nahhhhh. Grella's a crock anyway. He's unfixable.

I'm confident with this one.

Santa Cruz has been plagued with injuries throughout his career.

There's no doubt he's a quality striker but we sure got lucky with that one season. But I don't see the harm in taking him on loan, considering we sold him for £18m last season. Santa Cruz & Kalinic could be a lethal partnership.

This is Kamy.

Been told that the Roque deal is all but done. Been told by 2 very reliable sources. Believe that all the remains is the formalities such as the medical.

No idea how much Rovers are paying in terms of Wages or if the deal includes an agreed fee which Rovers can activate should they wish to make the deal permanent.

Would be good if we had first refusal on it. Delighted to see him back.

We may not have Bentley providing crosses, but we do have MGP free kicks and corners, which at times have been nothing short of outstanding, at others they have been dire to say the least. I recall some really good balls been put in the box by him in the QPR game only for Mame to completely fluff them. Ollson and Hoilett have impressed recently also. The key will be to keep RSC fit, if he is having a medical, the deal could still fall through, if those dodgy knee's are not up to it.

Archived