BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] diouf

Miker

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We all knew that Diouf has an enormous respect for Sam and that no other manager has really managed to tame him. The comment that the club is going in the wrong direction is disturbing.

What did you expect from a player no longer wanted by the club?surely Samba, Nelsen, Salgado etc signing longer deals is a sign of what is RIGHT with the club?

I wasn't particulary concerned about those comments, I'm more concerned that a player of his quality was let go at a crucial part of the season...

Yeah, let's keep an unsettled player, especially a character like Diouf.

He got booted out of Sunderland for threatening to stab a team-mate.

• Backroom

What did you expect from a player no longer wanted by the club?surely Samba, Nelsen, Salgado etc signing longer deals is a sign of what is RIGHT with the club?

But it doesn't work if you take both sides into account.

There is far too much of this both ways at the moment, people seem to focus either entirely on the negatives or entirely on the positives when in reality the truth lies somewhere in between.

But if you have five on one side say and one on the other, then the balance is clearly in favour of one side. No point worrying about what ONE person says who is no longer at the club and is best mates with the old manager!

• 3 weeks later...

Put together a lifetime list of misdemeanours for the other bad boys of the game and you'd get crimes far, far worse than that. Not saying he's a nice guy but then who cares, all players are mercenaries and I personally couldn't care less about their personalities as long as they do a job for Rovers. Todd has assaulted far more people in his time than Diouf and yet Rovers fans used to love him. Rovers have loaned out a good player who has put in a number of MOM performances this season because Neil Warnock told us to/Kean couldn't handle him. Dissapointing and wasteful.

Guest linganzi

With the Diouf stories its all alleged this alleged that. We could do with him now but the powers were desperate to dispose of anything Sam

He's just the player we needed on the right v NUFC and in a proper formation. The thought of our club being directed by whoever is pulling the strings to bend over for that Gob Shyte Warnock absolutely repulses me.

Can we not get EHD back and loan Steve Kean out? I've a feeling that it's a move that would serve us better for the rest of the season.

Say what you want about Diouf, he is a good football player, and had a of a lot of good games for us this season. Now he is on loan playing and scoring in the Europa League, it doesn't make sense to me. Yes, there is the emergence of Hoilett, but that doesnt mean we have to get shut of a solid senior player.

Kean is setting about to create a new image but if we become too nicey nice and concentrate too much on tryin to earn the respect of opponents then we will find ourselves playing N-Power league football before too long.

Jesus Christ! Anybody would think we loaned out Messi! EHD is ok, no better or worse. It would be handy to have him for Saturday but he's at Rangers. They're now paying his reputed £40k per week.

Still, perhaps I shouldn't p*** on the usual suspect's chips. Hoilett is injured so pile into Kean!

• Backroom

Let's not revise history too much, Diouf had been very poor in the two months prior to his being loaned out. There's no guarantee he would have made any difference at all to anything. He's the only player we had who could retain the ball, but as of late he wasn't anywhere near productive enough. We don't really have the squad to be loaning senior players out, but Diouf not being here isn't that important.

Let's not revise history too much, Diouf had been very poor in the two months prior to his being loaned out. There's no guarantee he would have made any difference at all to anything. He's the only player we had who could retain the ball, but as of late he wasn't anywhere near productive enough. We don't really have the squad to be loaning senior players out, but Diouf not being here isn't that important.

Lets not revise history according to his detractors you mean. Any fan with the common sense brought on by an ability to ignore his irrelevant personality would judge his footballing contribution this season to be good/excellent. He was easily our best player up until December and performed perfectly decently after that, including the infamous QPR game where he set up our goal and shone in the 2nd half. Who knows what he could have contributed for the rest of the season. Hoilett is being acclaimed as the new Wonderboy (copyright Tenacious D) on the back of a handful of good performances that Diouf matched in October alone. But hey Hoilett is Kean's man and Diouf was Allardyce's, I wouldn't expect the "good football" obsessives to agree with me.

Lets not revise history according to his detractors you mean. Any fan with the common sense brought on by an ability to ignore his irrelevant personality would judge his footballing contribution this season to be good/excellent. He was easily our best player up until December and performed perfectly decently after that, including the infamous QPR game where he set up our goal and shone in the 2nd half. Who knows what he could have contributed for the rest of the season. Hoilett is being acclaimed as the new Wonderboy (copyright Tenacious D) on the back of a handful of good performances that Diouf matched in October alone. But hey Hoilett is Kean's man and Diouf was Allardyce's, I wouldn't expect the "good football" obsessives to agree with me.

I think those of us who believe that it isn't sackcloth and ashes time because EHD is elsewhere at the moment have none the less accepted that he isn't a bad player but just not the match winner the likes of you seem to suggest he is.

How on Earth is Hoilett a 'Kean man' btw?

He's just the player we needed on the right v NUFC and in a proper formation. The thought of our club being directed by whoever is pulling the strings to bend over for that Gob Shyte Warnock absolutely repulses me.

Can we not get EHD back and loan Steve Kean out? I've a feeling that it's a move that would serve us better for the rest of the season.

Agreed. We were crying out for someone in the middle of the park who the ball wouldn't just bounce off.

Archived