BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] diouf

Miker

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In his time in England, only Sam has been able to manage him well, can see why he was not part of Kean's plans.

Ageed that Sam was the man who got the best out of Diouf in this country. However, Kean is paid to manage and he ought to be able to manage Diouf having watched, at first hand, how Sam did it. The fact that one of our more consistent performers this season was allowed to be loaned out was something I found very disappointing at the time and something which continues to be disappointing with each passing match. While the injury to Hoilett cannot be laid at the door of Kean the fact remains that players get injured and cover is required. The two lads from Spain and Argentina where always going to take time to fit in and therefore the loss of an experienced player like Diouf has become increasingly significant. While he might not be the player he once was, I would still prefer Diouf in my team than watching the likes of Andrews, Mame Biram Diouf, Jermaine Jones or Dunny trying to operate in the wide positions.

Jesus Christ! Anybody would think we loaned out Messi! EHD is ok, no better or worse. It would be handy to have him for Saturday but he's at Rangers. They're now paying his reputed £40k per week.

Still, perhaps I shouldn't p*** on the usual suspect's chips. Hoilett is injured so pile into Kean!

In a nutshell..... 'Hoillett is injured' with the most obvious replacement being sent to Scotland. :angry:

In a nutshell..... 'Hoillett is injured' with the most obvious replacement being sent to Scotland. :angry:

The only high-speed Diouf hits is in his pimp-wagon.

He's a lost cause without Big Sam. Just ask Liverpool & Sunderland.

I think those of us who believe that it isn't sackcloth and ashes time because EHD is elsewhere at the moment have none the less accepted that he isn't a bad player but just not the match winner the likes of you seem to suggest he is.

How on Earth is Hoilett a 'Kean man' btw?

Because Sam hardly played him.

Because Sam hardly played him.

He was incredibly lightweight last season, this season he started playing more and looked a different player in terms of physical strength.

We have Sam to thank that Hoilett is here at all, he put a lot of effort into persuading him that Rovers were the right club for him to be at when his contract was running out, a lot of German teams wanted him.

You can throw a lot of things at Allardyce but Hoilett isn't one of them, he did everything right for the lad's development.

Guest linganzi

haha good on him hedeserves a kicking, i hate celtic and I hate that ginger mick, he goes out of his way to be controversial

Guest linganzi

Diouf needs the kicking, at it in the tunnel now, pillock

no need to be personal, celtic giving stick, and not being able to take it from a man who has apologised to them for an idiotic mistake he made years ago. typical celtic.

your user name says enough anyway, quite a lot of scousers are pretty disgraceful imo, but lets not get started on that

Guest linganzi

No, he is a pillock. And you can 'get started' whenever you like. How long have you been on here ?

not that long as a poster, please for goodness sake dont pull internet rank on me, thaqt really would be dismal

Guest linganzi

Diouf is missed and yes he can be a plonker so its a bit of both but he doesn't mix football with death, unlike Celtic and dare I say Liverpool .

It was a Celtic ref tonight

The ref gave a lot of dubious decisions Celtic's way in my opinion. Adopted scouser, although you may also have a higher Internet ranking than me (ie posted more on here for longer) it doesn't necessarily mean that your opinion is the correct one. Everyone has the right to an opinion, and although Diouf had a poor past he didn't do anything wrong whilst at Rovers and showed nothing but loyalty to the club.

Archived