BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Best kit ever

Blackburn have one of the most beautiful and distinctive kit of the whole world footballing panorama.

Same for the badge that is also rich of history (the red rose of Lancashire that we all have studied at school).

These are all the kits that BRFC worn in their proud history: http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Blackburn_Rovers/Blackburn_Rovers.htm

I love the touch of red that was introduced in the shirts (and then in the names and numbers) after the mid 70's.

My favourite kit is the 1994-95, not only because we won the League, but because the kit was beautiful, original but sober, with three colours, white, blue and red, perfectly balanced, and the red sponsor Mc Ewans standed out magnificently on the shirt (nothing to do with the awful AMD, HSA, Bet 24 and Londonsdale).

3998l-1.jpg

Even the 1996-98 was great, plain and sober.

I'd love a return to the retro 80's 'Perspex' kits. Just for a season or two.

I love my Kappa shirt with AMD on the front. Never wear the McEwan's one anymore. Also cannot wear the Lonsdale one as it has Bellamy on the back.

I don't wear my McEwans shirt anymore either. Mainly because i couldn't beat the bulge!

Guest linganzi

If we are going on meaning the league winning one is iconic, the sas with the trophy at anfield based on design for me garner era perspex. Prior to that kits were just kits it was the days of sponsorship when kits came alive, Coventry even had a rather hideous kit that incorporated the talbot logo.

Honorable mention to the black and red halves of late, since stolen by fulham and our pals at Qpr

I'd love a return to the retro 80's 'Perspex' kits. Just for a season or two.

Wait for the Rovers store advert to appear at the top of this page (or simply go to http://www.onerovers.co.uk/retproddetail.aspx?d=12&id=3995 and deny us a little affiliate money ;) ) and for £30 it shall be yours

My favourite one was the one when we won the league.

I used to give my younger cousin all my Rovers shirts as I grew up, whenever I got a new one, as his parents couldn't afford to get him one every year. A bit gutted now really, although I'd do it again cause it made him happy like!! Was happy to see the older ones in the shop, think I might get some now :)

• Backroom

I was thinking this recently, the Blue and White halves are so distinctive.

I was looking at some photo's on the wall in Ewood on the way out of the last fans forum meeting and they feature Rovers against I think it was Liverpool, the point being though the team in blue and white is instantly recognisable whilst the team in red could be any from a huge number at first glance.

To expand Rovers as a brand I really think a move to halved away kits always would be good.

Also cannot wear the Lonsdale one as it has Bellamy on the back.

That's why i never bother getting player names on the back of the shirt.

Only time i've done this is with Friedel on the grey lonsdale goalie top from a few seasons back. Don't have any problem wearing that out as I see him as a Rovers legend, wouldn't mind getting him to sign that some time.

Ive got Stuart Ripleys yellow away shirt from when we had McEwans sponsor & ASICS kit sponsor, mt fav is the old ICI Perspex shirt, looks really good now seeing as the retro style is in

This is it

9jfuyh.jpg

Ive got Stuart Ripleys yellow away shirt from when we had McEwans sponsor & ASICS kit sponsor, mt fav is the old ICI Perspex shirt, looks really good now seeing as the retro style is in

This is it

9jfuyh.jpg

love that shirt walshy, dont think they were available for sale - wasnt it the gold 3rd kit we needed occasionally?

love that shirt walshy, dont think they were available for sale - wasnt it the gold 3rd kit we needed occasionally?

Yeah I think it was. Im selling it been offered £70, not bad eh

I was thinking this recently, the Blue and White halves are so distinctive.

I was looking at some photo's on the wall in Ewood on the way out of the last fans forum meeting and they feature Rovers against I think it was Liverpool, the point being though the team in blue and white is instantly recognisable whilst the team in red could be any from a huge number at first glance.

To expand Rovers as a brand I really think a move to halved away kits always would be good.

100% agree, mate.

The Blackburn halves are very distinctive and were very influential too, at the end of the XIXth Century.

The Blackburn shirt probably inspired the Englishmen that founded Genoa FC, the oldest Italian club, whose shirt is divided in red and blue halves because red and blue are the colours of Queen Victoria.

immagine7y.png

Surely inspired by the Blackburn white and blue halves were the foundators of Andrea Doria FC the other club of the city of Genova, that in 1946 was merged with Sampierdarenese to form the current UC Sampdoria.

The Sampdoria 50th centenary shirt celebrated, in the front and in the back, the shirts of Andrea Doria and Sampierdarenese, and as you can see the Andrea Doria's outfit was very similar to the Blackburn one.

immagine6u.png

Archived