BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Board Changes

benhben

Guest linganzi

He was great but his time came so let's not be sentimental about it . He didn't week to want to get involved either, could have got on the odd plane with kean.

Daily mail is being slightly sensationalist and Henry winter is a ball bag

Anyway, good luck john

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

henrywinter Henry Winter

If John Williams, one of the best administrators in football, really has been forced out of #brfc by Venky's, I fear even more for the club

Henry Winter has never had a good word to say about our club so would not hold much sway in what he prints.Just like to say thanks to John Williams for all the hard work he put in through difficult times,but think it was always going to happen whoever took over .

Henry Winter has never had a good word to say about our club so would not hold much sway in what he prints.Just like to say thanks to John Williams for all the hard work he put in through difficult times,but think it was always going to happen whoever took over .

Wrong.

On many occassions over the last 15 years or so he has said many good things about us.

Yes indeed they do and one would think that those on here who claim to be "in the know" would certainly know that!

Hand on heart I honestly mean that, no doubt the unrest will have caused some of it - but I do not believe it is soley Venkys decision - I will try and get proper details tomorrow.

I would also expect knowing JW that he will speak out - give him & Venkys the chance for him to speak out.

IF i could hae got odds on him going back in May then id have backed as much as possible on it - that was wayyyyyyyyyy before the new owners.

• Backroom

Eternally grateful for all JW has done for the club.

However, sadly, it seems his role had no real purpose post-takeover and he was stuck in limbo. Not surprised by this, just surprised it didn't happen earlier. Obviously wish him all the best.

• Backroom

Thank you for everything and good luck John.

Rovers live on though, onwards and upwards hopefully, this would have happened eventually whoever came in.

Wonder if they are still committing to part 3 B of the contract they signed that stated that they would

"The Venky's Board has given assurances to BRFCI that Venky's:"

"( B ) intends to continue to support the existing management team and staff,"

Wonder which other parts of the contract they will go back on and do anyway.

Be a shame to see John leave because at the end of the day we would not be still going or not going in the premiership if it wasn't for his dedication and will be missed.

Wait untill a statement from the club before jumping to conclusions,he hasn't been to the last 2 home games,but I do know his wife is poorly and that's his no 1 priorty at the momement.Very much hope he hasn't been pushed,I have met him on numerous occasions and he is a reallly nice guy and wish him all the best in the future.

Henry Winter has never had a good word to say about our club so would not hold much sway in what he prints.

Couldn't disagree more, Henry Winter is always very fair about Rovers, as he is with his reporting of other clubs. Indeed he is probably the best and most honest football journalist around.

(One of my favourites is the win in Cardiff Henry Winter)

Wait untill a statement from the club before jumping to conclusions,he hasn't been to the last 2 home games,but I do know his wife is poorly and that's his no 1 priorty at the momement.Very much hope he hasn't been pushed,I have met him on numerous occasions and he is a reallly nice guy and wish him all the best in the future.

Sanity, on here? They won't like that! :D

Really disappointed with this change.

As quite a few people said... it was inevitable, but still in some state of shock! Mr Williams was a gentleman who guided this club impeccably during his term as Chairman.

There is no doubt personal circumstances was the main motivation with his decision. From what I gathered he really enjoyed his work and would have made a conscious effort to look at the club before making this move.

It feels like I am preparing an obituary when I type this. Gone he might be, but as a person and his efforts and strong work ethic he put into Rovers won't. Missed already and hope we.don't live to regret this decision.

Did he grow the business in thirteen years answer NO !

What Venky's are proposing is on a far larger visionary scale than anything JW and the Walker trustees could ever have imagined. Your anger should be directed towards the Walker trustees after all its they who sold out and left JW exposed.

The timing on this is right providing Venky's have someone in place who will continually communicate with the fans on a local daily basis.

Grow the business? Well with zero/negative investment we remained a competitive premier league side so yes, he increased the value of the club.

Venky's don't know their arse from their elbow when it comes to running a football club, JW placed in a safe position for a year to guide them through it all but instead they decided to block him out completely. We will see what Venky's end product is as we develop, it has been a solid start but it will take more to convince most people.

The Trust safeguarded JW's position as much as they could, at the end of the day there is no protection that can be made on the owners of a club. They can do what they want as they own it.

Jerome Anderson?

Venky's have put a yes man in charge of the Rovers dressing room so it's not surprise they also want a boardroom full of lackeys. Supporters groups will look on this latest development with dismay.

There he goes again....

Anyone a member of Ewood Parks Finest group on facebook? There are some absolute retards on there. Come out with allsorts of hate Venkys rubbish, some borderng on racist. I wonder if the owners were wealthy Brits whether people would be more willing to accept them.

Enormously thankful for everything John Williams has done for the club. The writing has been on the wall unfortunately, Venky's want to do things their way and there has clearly been a clash. Not uncommon with takeovers of course, but I hoped they might have found it within themselves to extend an olive branch and manage his departure less acrimoniously in the summer.

As it is we've lost an asset to the club, of that there can be no doubt but Venky's must also feel able to implement their plans for the club as they intend and if JW isn't signed up fully for that then this is inevitable. Whatever we think of Venky's ideas for the club, two schools of thought at Executive level can only ever be detrimental to their prospects of success. Shame they couldn't find a way for him to continue to make a contribution at Board level in some capacity.

Archived