BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jermaine Jones

I like this quote: ""Jones is a man for football war, for destroying the pitch and the opponent," wrote local broadsheet WAZ on Wednesday. "So why did Magath send this tattooed lad with street-boy charisma, of all people, to the reserves?"

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest it seems that something personal happened between the two and because the Manager is the man and seemed to have plenty of money to spend.. He had the option to get shut of him, but it seems to me he has done it such a way that it is detrimental to Jermaine's career which is a real shame. How can you go from the star of the match in one game to the worst the week after, we all have bad days but the way this Magath punished him seemed way too excessive.

Although to be fair, if he wasn't punished like he was and his current form wasn't a bit of an unknown.. There's a good chance we would have even stiffer competition to get him to Ewood.

It wasn't too long ago that he decided to play for USA, he could have chosen Germany, obviously he has a lot better chance of playing international football for the USA, the competition in the German squad is bound to be much tougher. Perhaps this had an effect on Magaths feelings towards him, a lot of Club Managers like their star players to love the squad more than their country, so him choosing to play for the USA would I assume collide with games for Schalke. Although I am not sure about this, someone would have to check the dates etc.

I reckon Football Manager is a bit more reliable (though obviously not to be taken as gospel). I haven't seen him, and not many of us have, but I suppose quoting FM is no less reliable than saying "My mate who has seen him reckons..."

Interesting stats on FM...(all stats are out of 20)

Pace 17, acceleration 19, tackling 17...Stamina, work rate, determination and bravery all 20, strength 17. Those stats are all excellent...

Passing 9, dribbling 8, finishing 9, heading 8, technique 8...all very poor in the game's terms for a player at this level.

We won't know how accurate that all is until we see him in blue and white, but it points to a fast, hard-working, hard-tackling defensive mid with very limited technical skills, that might not move the ball around that well. Royrover's post suggests the passing stat is off though.

I did a sexwee when Sebastian Perez and Brett Emmerton signed for us purely because of how awesome they where on their respective games and Robert Pires and Thierry Henry where a bit special when they turned up in England after playing Champ Man 96-97 lol

Anyone who rates a player based on a computer games stats is a little bit naive really!! :brfcsmilie:

Yes for every awesome player theres a mega flop, remember Ibrahima Bakayoko for Everton, I think the only goals he scored where against us at Ewood :(:(:( Take your point though but people do get over excited about players that seem good on FM games they have never heard of before because in fairness its a well researched game but because its a game players develop different over a period of time in real life so should never be taken as reality.

Hoofball!

Joking aside that is one of the best passes I have seen in quite some time.

You got to ask questions about the lack of recognition, fitness and the disciplinary record but this seems to be one heck of a player.

We need someone to kick the crap out of opposing midfielders I miss the dirty Blackburn tag, at least give Wenger something to moan about legitimately twice a season.

"At $5.2 million a year, Jones is also one of the best-paid players in the squad and Magath might be quite happy to see him go for economic reasons alone."

So about £60k/w. If we're paying 100% of Roque's wages and Jones comes with a similar deal, it's about £3,5M in wages for the duo of the rest of the season. Definitely not cheap.

To be honest it seems that something personal happened between the two and because the Manager is the man and seemed to have plenty of money to spend.. He had the option to get shut of him, but it seems to me he has done it such a way that it is detrimental to Jermaine's career which is a real shame. How can you go from the star of the match in one game to the worst the week after, we all have bad days but the way this Magath punished him seemed way too excessive. Although to be fair, if he wasn't punished like he was and his current form wasn't a bit of an unknown.. There's a good chance we would have even stiffer competition to get him to Ewood.It wasn't too long ago that he decided to play for USA, he could have chosen Germany, obviously he has a lot better chance of playing international football for the USA, the competition in the German squad is bound to be much tougher. Perhaps this had an effect on Magaths feelings towards him, a lot of Club Managers like their star players to love the squad more than their country, so him choosing to play for the USA would I assume collide with games for Schalke. Although I am not sure about this, someone would have to check the dates etc.

Think he fell out with the manager of Germany at the time too. He went to America, even though many Germans think he should of been in their team ahead of Ballack!!

Sign him up quick!!

Sorry, I saw your link and thought, United are after him? Thats the end of our interest. Then I looked again, and realized. Apologies.

Hmm, I should have written something underneath the link to highlight what I meant by it, so no worries mate ;)

Great News!

Might be another Grella, but I choose to look at it in a positive manner.

I think he will add some steel in our midfield.

Wonder if we will play 4-2-3-1 with Nzonzi and Jones DM. Hoilett, Dunn, Olsson and Kalinic/Santa Cruz?

Hope not

Archived