BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 4

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeh how do we know he would choose us over the other clubs ??

Birmingham haven't been back since their cheeky peanuts bid. Sunderland clearly fancied him as backup and have been priced out of the deal. And do you think he'll dare go to Villa now given how acrimonious their bid has turned out? Sitting out until the price became clear has made us the least villainous.

You've misunderstood the post - the scout says hes the dogs ********, rhymes with betty swallocks

the bee's knees as you were

He means the dog's danglys... ie : He's very good!

Steve, 67 is saying that rochina is good mate, the dogs ###### is a uk term for pretty dam good :D

Despite sharing a common language, there are some English terms that still confuse the heck out of me. :blush:

He's a 25 year old Tugay, what we've needed for a good few years now.

Second choice from Pool would be Vaughan though. He's out of contract in the summer.

Vaughan looks an excellent player, good 'seasider' mate of mine says he is their most consistent performer in midfield.

I'd take Adam and Vaughan. They would be an asset to the Rovers and their loss would cripple Blackpool, a rival for a top ten finish.

If Arsenal are willing to pay £10m for Samba I wouldn't be too bothered. We've had a lot of good years out of him, so long as we can spend the money bringing in a quality replacement then all the best, we can't offer Champions League football and he's not getting any younger. Villa though, much like Holloway with Adam, I'd be disappointed.

10 million is fair for Samba and should be more than sufficient to find an solid replacement, perhaps younger and more likely to progress. Perhaps any excess could be used to help fund a top drawer, tough as nails midfielder. Grella without all the glass.

That is with the proviso that Liverpool don't strike whilst Steve Kean is on his Emirates flights.

Gimme a break, Liverpool are going to make a move for Adam while they have Gerrard, your going insane, go have a swim in the sea or something.

Now for us, Adam and Jones would be a massive improvement, we would have Adam to make the passes and jones to win the ball back if lost, two players we have missed for ages

Guest linganzi

That is with the proviso that Liverpool don't strike whilst Steve Kean is on his Emirates flights.

They won't, they don't have the nouse or the humility to sign a bpool. Player. Or the money.

My bet stands

Obviously Steve Kean is going to come back from Pune with the money to buy Charlie Adam.

Valois I would be more relaxed to read those numbers in their own published accounts (which show external partners and debt) than in the Daily Mail.

Phillip, do you have a link? Have been searching on their website to no avail. Thanks in advance

Do you think he prefers us to the others who have bid and why?

Because we now pay 90k wages.....can't imagine spuds pay anyone that much I'd have thought only city, utd, arse and Chelsea have anyone earning that sort of wedge on they're books.......that makes us the 5th biggest club in my mind and holloway did say he'd sell to a top club.

Watching Adam again on Match of the Day confirmed my view of him - he's a good passer of the ball and has excellent vision but he is slow and does get caught in possession alot. Rather like George Sharples.

If we lost out on a player because Steve Kean was en route to India wouldn't that be more of a case of everybody's hero John Williams dropping the ball?

It would be irrelevant anyway, as you can take calls or email on the plane anyway now. On some Emirates flights you can also use your own mobile.

Watching Adam again on Match of the Day confirmed my view of him - he's a good passer of the ball and has excellent vision but he is slow and does get caught in possession alot. Rather like George Sharples.

His pace and fitness could be improved if he came to us and trained at a world class facility instead of the council playing fields Blackpool use.

George Sharples was different player he was a ball winner if you want to compare him to someone of that era it would be Barry Hole who could pass a ball take free kicks and had a magical left foot but just like Adam not blessed with pace but didn't stop him from being a class act.

If we lost out on a player because Steve Kean was en route to India wouldn't that be more of a case of everybody's hero John Williams dropping the ball?

How do you work that one out?

We don't have permission to bid higher, thus Mr Kean is flying out to India to gain permission, JW has nothing to do with the decision (a common theme thesedays).

I'm still quite confident we will get Adam and very glad because my god do we need him, I would think the fee may be winning some people a bit of money from Mr W Hill though.

Adam and Jones would add something positive too our midfield .

Gamst have adapted too the central midfield role, but he need too play along side a ball winning midfielder. Nzonzi could be that guy if he get back to last seasons form. And with those four players our central midfield will start too look good.

Dunn has lost his legs, if we get an offer in sell him.

Dunny's NOT finished, but the bit about the legs having gone is true. I think we can still get something out of David if we use him as a 'super-sub' type. Give him 20 minute spells on the pitch when the opposition is tiring a bit and you'll see that his creativity will still have an impact on the game.

We can't be jettisoning Dunny now!

Cannot see Samba at Arsenal. Anyone who saw Samba come out with the ball yesterday, under no pressure the ball was never under control and Samba stopped in his tracks and passed it back to Robbo! Love to see Samba and Jones at the back as clearly Jones can pass the ball effectively too.

I agree. He's not worth 7.5M so if thats the price, walk away and do better.

Archived