BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 4

Forget Charlie Adam, I've found the answer to our AM needs!

Wand of a left foot, scores goals for fun, ball glued to his feet when attacking, regular for his country......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7Jqh7IRTnk&sns=em

Surely wouldn't cost a great deal either!

He has all ready been here... failed I belive..

He was here on loan until last year or so I think. Maybe he would fit better with Kean's style of play.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved watching Carlos play! I remember the cup game against Sunderland (I think), freezing cold on a random weekday night, poor crowd, poor game and being desperate for the ball to fall on his left foot 30 yards out as I knew that was pretty much the only chance of a bit of excitement!

That said, I think there's a reason he wasn't picked up by another premiership team, he always struck me as too lightweight and, realistically, for every moment of brilliance there were at least a couple of occasions in which he would gift the ball to the opposition.

Anyhoo, the Daily Mail article is encouraging but it smacks of a PR machine finally getting into gear. I can't imagine it was a result of a series of probing questions putting the family on the spot and that, had they answered incorrectly, the story would have become another rant about foreign ownership. That said, even if it is the case that they are finally realising their public image is important, at least we can start regaining the respect we have lost with some of the embarrassing ways they have gone about business so far.

ADAM...wants to go...now...Blackpool will dig in...Villa still main bidder...Liverpool have reservations [and that is official]...Rovers may bite when the price is set...but I would not hold my breath on Blackpool selling...however this has a bit to run.

SAMBA...price is high, but that is not settled either...some behind-the-scenes stuff on that suggests there will be a major development one way or another before the month is out...way too delicate to go into right now.

COLLINS...Houllier would trade, his bosses won't.

WARNOCK...available, surely can't be a loan to Liverpool...makes zero sense.

KEAN...I think the India trip is about how the club is run and his own future rather than a cap-in-hand for cash job.

VENKYS...good read in the Mail on Sunday...feel most of the details has been here before but nobody wanted to believe it...that Nick Harris must be a Kentaro employee... :lol:

I loved watching Carlos play! I remember the cup game against Sunderland (I think), freezing cold on a random weekday night, poor crowd, poor game and being desperate for the ball to fall on his left foot 30 yards out as I knew that was pretty much the only chance of a bit of excitement!

That said, I think there's a reason he wasn't picked up by another premiership team, he always struck me as too lightweight and, realistically, for every moment of brilliance there were at least a couple of occasions in which he would gift the ball to the opposition.

Anyhoo, the Daily Mail article is encouraging but it smacks of a PR machine finally getting into gear. I can't imagine it was a result of a series of probing questions putting the family on the spot and that, had they answered incorrectly, the story would have become another rant about foreign ownership. That said, even if it is the case that they are finally realising their public image is important, at least we can start regaining the respect we have lost with some of the embarrassing ways they have gone about business so far.

Charlie Newhouse did have the proverbial wand of a left foot but he always looked as if he was running into a hurricane and was never going to cut in the Premier League.

The article would be encouraging if it wasn't in the Daily Heil. Unfortunately it needs to be taken with a large dose of sifta.

KEAN...I think the India trip is about how the club is run and his own future rather than a cap-in-hand for cash job.

Interesting that Houllier would trade but villa board won't. is this a sign that club's boards are having a more say in the club's signings.

Nicko, what do you mean when you say that Kean's meeting with the owners is about how the club is run? Will JW be going with him? Could it be that Kean will say let JW start the club properly?

ADAM...wants to go...now...Blackpool will dig in...Villa still main bidder...Liverpool have reservations [and that is official]...Rovers may bite when the price is set...but I would not hold my breath on Blackpool selling...however this has a bit to run.

SAMBA...price is high, but that is not settled either...some behind-the-scenes stuff on that suggests there will be a major development one way or another before the month is out...way too delicate to go into right now.

VENKYS...good read in the Mail on Sunday...feel most of the details has been here before but nobody wanted to believe it...that Nick Harris must be a Kentaro employee... :lol:

Hmmm, nothing new I suppose. For what it's worth, I actually think if we could wangle both Collins and Warnock for Samba that would be a good deal. I like Givet but he's no left back and even though Warnock hasn't set the world alight at Villa he was our player of the season before he left. Samba out would be a blow but Collins is a good player and with Jones fit in a couple of months I can't help but feel that overall we would have improved.

I'm slightly concerned that Kean feels it necessary to travel to India to discuss his future having only returned a couple of weeks ago. I would have thought that now there is an Assistant and he is able to bring players in he would have felt slightly more settled. That said, better communication between the Manager and owners can only be a good thing and if Kean is willing to travel all that way yet again shows that he realises how important it is to have a strong link.

Like most on here, I think Adam would be a good buy but only at the right price. January is a bad time to buy players and despite our need for a central midfielder, now we have (or nearly have) Jermaine Jones we shouldn't be pressured into paying over the odds and wasting money that could be better spent in the Summer.

Interesting that Houllier would trade but villa board won't. is this a sign that club's boards are having a more say in the club's signings.

Nicko, what do you mean when you say that Kean's meeting with the owners is about how the club is run? Will JW be going with him? Could it be that Kean will say let JW start the club properly?

There is always debate within a club about signings, whether they are worth it, whether it is good value. It happened a lot when Sam and John Williams were recruiting.

Villa - like any other club under pressure - will carefully talk through something like selling a player. It was the same there with Dunne. One minute he could go, next minute he was back in the team.

Kean's visit is about his own position, his contract and how things should be run when the bosses are in India and the club is in Blackburn.

I would imagine he would be delighted to see he is guaranteed a job for the next two-and-a-half years. That is quite a statement.

Nicko, I've heard if Rovers fail to sign Rochina, they'll try to loan Luc Castaignos. Anything in this?

Rochina was due to sign. I presume he is the player the manager talked about being 'close but now further away.'

Odd one.

Not heard of Castaignos but will check.

I think we can safely say that Charlie Adam is blue and white.

Give it a week, bet I'm right

Hmmmmm. Never has the old saying seemed more appropriate than in the case of Venky BBRFC right now.

"Never count your chickens before they are hatched!"

Watching Adam again on Match of the Day confirmed my view of him - he's a good passer of the ball and has excellent vision but he is slow and does get caught in possession alot. Rather like George Sharples.

Oh dear! I had totally blanked him from my fading memory banks Jim, and now you've gone and brought him back.;)

i dont think adam is the answer. as someone said he is a good passer but seems to lose the ball a lot. holloway is doing well at driving his price up but is he really worth any more than 2.5m. up until last season he had not done much. im not saying it wont work out but i dont think he has done enough to demand a high fee.

what we need is a good box to box midfielder. i dont know anything at all about this johnson, maybe he is this player.

i read nicko put that we could have 2 loans and cruz will take the 2nd slot so how can we get johnson on loan aswell. is it only 2 from one league

Guest linganzi

Hmmmmm. Never has the old saying seemed more appropriate than in the case of Venky BBRFC right now.

"Never count your chickens before they are hatched!"

Ok the shiraz was talking a little bit but I firmly believe if they sell the only destination is here.

Personally for the price I feel there may be better options.

I'm surprised about that lad going to lokomotiv Moscow for 3m as I thought we were keen but a bigger price put us off? Was he not the reason for so many Kalanic goals ?

i dont think adam is the answer. as someone said he is a good passer but seems to lose the ball a lot. holloway is doing well at driving his price up but is he really worth any more than 2.5m. up until last season he had not done much. im not saying it wont work out but i dont think he has done enough to demand a high fee.what we need is a good box to box midfielder. i dont know anything at all about this johnson, maybe he is this player.i read nicko put that we could have 2 loans and cruz will take the 2nd slot so how can we get johnson on loan aswell. is it only 2 from one league

Its Jones and he plays in the German League so doesn't count in the 2 loans rule as that is a Premier League rule. Is that undrstandable, sounds like waffle!

As far as Adam is concerned I think Lallana from Southampton would be a better option.

I've moved all the Daily Mail article stuff to it's own thread (because it's important enough and nothing to do with transfers), sadly a few posts mention both transfers and the Mail article, so both threads may be a tiny bit disjointed now.

Its Jones and he plays in the German League so doesn't count in the 2 loans rule as that is a Premier League rule. Is that undrstandable, sounds like waffle!

As far as Adam is concerned I think Lallana from Southampton would be a better option.

i dont know why i put johnson. keep thinking of the guy from leeds ( or where ever he plays now ). what is the loan limit then if they are from different leagues

Archived