BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 4

i dont know why i put johnson. keep thinking of the guy from leeds ( or where ever he plays now ). what is the loan limit then if they are from different leagues

Don't think there is a limit. Obviously you don't want too many loans as they don't have loyalty to the club the same as signing someone would.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cannot see Samba at Arsenal. Anyone who saw Samba come out with the ball yesterday, under no pressure the ball was never under control and Samba stopped in his tracks and passed it back to Robbo! Love to see Samba and Jones at the back as clearly Jones can pass the ball effectively too.

The look on Samba's face, when he nearly cost Rovers a goal, was the moment he realised he won't be joining a top 4 club because he clearly isn't the type of defender that big clubs want.

Saying that, it's great to see a player, who clearly wants to leave, put in so much effort in a Rovers shirt. IF he does decide to go then I am sure he will get a warm reception whenever he returns to Ewood.

Fingers crossed he stays.

VENKYS...good read in the Mail on Sunday...feel most of the details has been here before but nobody wanted to believe it...that Nick Harris must be a Kentaro employee... :lol:

Venky's PR machine working overtime in that article.

All for a free trip and a free lunch...some journalists have no shame.

Not sure I agree with Roberts been offered a new contract if the rumours are true. He turns 33 in a few weeks, and lookd to be 4th/5th choice striker at the moment. I would never doubt him for effort, and he is one of the good guys in football, butwe dont owe the guy a career, I thought he would be allowed to leave either in January, or in the summer on a free.

I understand RSC and MB are only on loan, so if we dont sign either of them, and we release Benjani and Roberts we are left with Kali, Blackman, and Rochina if he does sign, but surely that is an area we will look to strengthen in the summer?

Nicko, any info on Sunderland thinking they are getting Larsson

Sunderland would be out of luck.

Nicko, Inter Milan director claimed yesterday that Muntari can leave.

Any team interested? Rovers in for him?

Big wages, big opinion of himself.

Couldn't lace Bonnie Prince Charlie's boots.

The look on Samba's face, when he nearly cost Rovers a goal, was the moment he realised he won't be joining a top 4 club because he clearly isn't the type of defender that big clubs want.

Saying that, it's great to see a player, who clearly wants to leave, put in so much effort in a Rovers shirt. IF he does decide to go then I am sure he will get a warm reception whenever he returns to Ewood.

Fingers crossed he stays.

They scored from the resulting corner though!

I wonder if the journalists in Calciomercato.com also read this forum?

Recent news in their site regarding Muntari:

"Il futuro del ghanese è verso un ritorno un Premier: piace a Sunderland e Blackburn e nelle prossime ore Muntari potrebbe lasciare la Pinetina."

Translating, it goes more or less like this:

The future of the Gana player is the return to Premier League: Sunderland and Blackburn like him and in the next few hours Muntari may leave la Pinetina.

Article here:

http://www.calciomercato.com/mercato/muntari-chelsea-e-united-inter-e-sanchez-sono-piu-lontani-543159

Just out of interest nicko, what is your source for the Larsson deal?

Why are you so confident that you are right and the Mirror is wrong?

I thought it was reported across the press that Larsson had walked away from talks with both Newcastle and Sunderland as they weren't going to meet his demands and that the offers had been withdrawn. Maybe I made that bit up?

Kentaro link to Rovrs may come good on that deal.

Just out of interest nicko, what is your source for the Larsson deal?

Wrong question gunner...... Try this

[removed] - No Need

So Kean needs two trips to India within 2-3 weeks to talk about his own future? A bit weird unless there has been a development behind the scenes.

Especially when we have been lead to believe that 'Joan' was coming here shortly?

So Kean needs two trips to India within 2-3 weeks to talk about his own future? A bit weird unless there has been a development behind the scenes.

I'm assuming he is flying over to tie up the details with his long term contract they have previously mentioned.

I certainly wouldnt view it as a negative that Kean is having regular meetings with the owners. Surely this can only be a good thing? Gives him a chance to give his thoughts, clear up any questions the players/staff have. Surely if the Rao's were based in Enggland, these meetings would take place on a much regular basis? As I understand things Indians prefer face to face meetings, rather than a telephone conference for example.

If the manager is to share the same vision as the owners, and vice versa, I'm guessing there will be a lot more of these meetings.

Kean will certainly rack up the air miles thats for sure.

Only going off what I have heard but I think the evidence supports the budget for January 2011 being fully allocated and he is asking for a supplementary to try to buy Adam with.

I hope he is going there to dissuade them from some of the operational budget cuts at Ewood and return budgetary control back to the club.

And of course he will have to do his own negotiating for his contract seeing as his agent bats for the other side from time to time.

Maradona might get mentioned whilst he is over there to just to be sure it is all a load of eyewash.

I'm assuming he is flying over to tie up the details with his long term contract they have previously mentioned.

I certainly wouldnt view it as a negative that Kean is having regular meetings with the owners. Surely this can only be a good thing? Gives him a chance to give his thoughts, clear up any questions the players/staff have. Surely if the Rao's were based in Enggland, these meetings would take place on a much regular basis? As I understand things Indians prefer face to face meetings, rather than a telephone conference for example.

If the manager is to share the same vision as the owners, and vice versa, I'm guessing there will be a lot more of these meetings.

Exactly,another reason they let go of BFS was they where not keen on paying for two seats to Pune once a fortnight, where as Kean only costs one...

Could not agree more with this. Chairmen/Owners see their managers every week, so I see it as positive he is going out there. If he needs to ask how high they are prepared for Adam then we might enter the race officially when he gets back.

Could not agree more with this. Chairmen/Owners see their managers every week, so I see it as positive he is going out there. If he needs to ask how high they are prepared for Adam then we might enter the race officially when he gets back.

Rovermad86... have you never heard of telephones? emails? conference calls? skype? etc etc.

How often will KMD fly over to the states do you think? How often will Mancini get to Abu Dhabi? I'll bet the old RFW won't cross the road to speak to the Glasers.

Proper communication should be between the owners and the Chairman, and the Chairman and the manager. Problem is I don't think our Chairman is featuring as much as he once did and that I BELIEVE the new owners are putting their confidence in somebody else. Can't think who that would be mind..... and even if I could I couldn't possibly comment.

These are strange times and dark days I'm afraid....... Sorry... I BELIEVE.

My brother is a Wednesday fan and he was saying rumours on their boards linking them with Keith Andrews on a loan with a view to buy? Anything in it?

TAXI!

And I'll pay!

Venky's PR machine working overtime in that article.

All for a free trip and a free lunch...some journalists have no shame.

Given recent events I'd much rather have a PR machine working overtime, than not working at all.

Archived