BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 4

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wrong question gunner...... Try this

Just out of interest nicko, what will be your cut out of the 'Bonnie Prince Charlie deal? :huh:

Especially when we have been lead to believe that 'Joan' was coming here shortly?

I know Nicko's a big boy and has taken far worse in his stride and laughed it off, but I'm sure you didn't want to accuse him of any impropriety did you ? On a public forum? When I'm repeatedly doing my nut about potentially libelous statements?

Factually accurate PR which is not contradicted by their own web sites is the next step forwards Hughesy.

Factually inaccurate according to you, who has just read a website. They've bought the club. Let it go. You dont constantly need to defend you're position on this. We get it. They have no money. Most of us are bored hearing about it.

Factually inaccurate according to you, who has just read a website. They've bought the club. Let it go. You dont constantly need to defend you're position on this. We get it. They have no money. Most of us are bored hearing about it.

I am sure Pompey, Leeds, Luton, Plymouth and many other clubs' fans have said the same thing many times in the past.

• Backroom

I am sure Pompey, Leeds, Luton, Plymouth and many other clubs' fans have said the same thing many times in the past.

And if they had someone repeating their opinion over and over it would have helped their plight?

Only going off what I have heard but I think the evidence supports the budget for January 2011 being fully allocated and he is asking for a supplementary to try to buy Adam with.

I hope he is going there to dissuade them from some of the operational budget cuts at Ewood and return budgetary control back to the club.

And of course he will have to do his own negotiating for his contract seeing as his agent bats for the other side from time to time.

Maradona might get mentioned whilst he is over there to just to be sure it is all a load of eyewash.

Hang on, isn't that John Williams' job?

And why wouldn't Kean negotiate his contract with the chairman?

JW appears to me to be being by-passed far too regularly.

And if they had someone repeating their opinion over and over it would have helped their plight?

Well our friend magicalmortensleftpeg clearly doesn't believe Venky's own accounts on their web site- that says an awful lot don't you think about the muddle and confusion around the Rovers at present?

I know Nicko's a big boy and has taken far worse in his stride and laughed it off, but I'm sure you didn't want to accuse him of any impropriety did you ? On a public forum? When I'm repeatedly doing my nut about potentially libelous statements?

Phew! I thought it was the last line thing you were objecting too again!

Libelous Glenn? No one knows who the hell some chap on a forum who calls himself nicko actually is for sure and Bonnie Prince Chalies been dead 400 years!

Our nicko's a big boy Glenn. A poster of long standing. He can give as much as he takes I'm certain.

oops I think I might have put my foot in it again! :rolleyes:

My brother is a Wednesday fan and he was saying rumours on their boards linking them with Keith Andrews on a loan with a view to buy? Anything in it?

Yes please. I'll point him in the right direction.

SkySports claims Aston Villa made an enquiry regarding Seb Larsson.

and Birmingham are going to accept an offer from them.... ;)

• Backroom

Well our friend magicalmortensleftpeg clearly doesn't believe Venky's own accounts on their web site- that says an awful lot don't you think about the muddle and confusion around the Rovers at present?

I myself am unsure about them but would rather go along for the ride and hope it turns out OK than panic and be negative about the whole thing.

Just watching Liverpool and witout Gerrard in midfield they struggle, I could see them wanting Adam.

Our owners have so far not splashed the kind of cash that clubs like Leeds did though. Although we're probably paying a large part of Santa Cruz's wages it's a short term deal, not like the Seth Johnson story of signing for Leeds. The problem is that you have gone from being one of the posters I respected on here to tell it like it really is, because my knowledge and understanding of financial matters is nil and you would explain concepts so I could sort of understand, to someone who appears to have such a massive agenda against the current owners and anyone who works for them that I tend to skip your posts now. That may be dangerous as there may be genuine information in them that I would like to know, but when you seem to find it hard to gain any pleasure from supporting our club and give SK no chance at all just because of who his representatives are, then that's the way it is.I'm prepared to believe that not everything in the Rovers garden is rosy, but then it wasn't before the takeover either. I'd love it if you got back to more balanced posting so I could start reading some of your posts again.

Rovermad86... have you never heard of telephones? emails? conference calls? ? etc etc.

How often will KMD fly over to the states do you think? How often will Mancini get to Abu Dhabi? I'll bet the old RFW won't cross the road to speak to the Glasers.

Proper communication should be between the owners and the Chairman, and the Chairman and the manager. Problem is I don't think our Chairman is featuring as much as he once did and that I BELIEVE the new owners are putting their confidence in somebody else. Can't think who that would be mind..... and even if I could I couldn't possibly comment.

These are strange times and dark days I'm afraid....... Sorry... I BELIEVE.

TAXI!

And I'll pay!

Im guessing that they are quite traditional in their approach to business, and would much rather meet Kean in person to discuss a long term contract, rather than via email,phone,skype as you put it. Crikey if thats a crime god help us.

In my opinion you are seeing something in nothing. No doubt if Kean wasnt having these meetings, people would complain that they have no contact with the club, and they are clearly not interested. It seems obvious they want active involvement in the club, were as Man City's owners are happy to sit back back and plough as much money into the club as required by the manager. I would be a lotmore worried as a City fan, if they dont start winning things soon, how long before they lose interest, and question why they have no return on their investment?

Some people have clearly made their mind up on our new owners, I for one am un-decided, however I am willing to give them a chance to prove themselves.

Either way things will become some what clearer when Kean returns from India.

Phew! I thought it was the last line thing you were objecting too again!

Libelous Glenn? No one knows who the hell some chap on a forum who calls himself nicko actually is for sure and Bonnie Prince Chalies been dead 400 years!

Our nicko's a big boy Glenn. A poster of long standing. He can give as much as he takes I'm certain.

oops I think I might have put my foot in it again! :rolleyes:

My concern is people see you getting away with it with Nicko (who, as you say and give as much as he takes) and they assume they can get away with it with other people who are less understanding of the ways on internet debating.

Rovermad86... have you never heard of telephones? emails? conference calls? skype? etc etc.

How often will KMD fly over to the states do you think? How often will Mancini get to Abu Dhabi? I'll bet the old RFW won't cross the road to speak to the Glasers.

Proper communication should be between the owners and the Chairman, and the Chairman and the manager. Problem is I don't think our Chairman is featuring as much as he once did and that I BELIEVE the new owners are putting their confidence in somebody else. Can't think who that would be mind..... and even if I could I couldn't possibly comment.

These are strange times and dark days I'm afraid....... Sorry... I BELIEVE.

TAXI!

And I'll pay!

See, you're learning. Only another 5315 other members to go :P

Roberto, if you are here?

What kind of price range would Stephan Lichtsteiner and Mobo Diakite be in?

Really think that Lichtsteiner could fit in perfectly in English football.

I know Diakite doesnt play a lot, but what I have seen of him in the few games that he has played, has been very good.

What are your opinion on those two?

Roberto, if you are here?

What kind of price range would Stephan Lichtsteiner and Mobo Diakite be in?

Really think that Lichtsteiner could fit in perfectly in English football.

I know Diakite doesnt play a lot, but what I have seen of him in the few games that he has played, has been very good.

What are your opinion on those two?

Plus Babacar! What price would he command? Would/has he ever been allowed to leave? Loan?

Larsson didn't play for Birmingham City. Interesting. Due to happen to Rovers in summer. Could be sooner.

Rochina and Vazquez not involved for Barca B last night either. Not sure what is holding up that one/those ones.

I thought Rochina played and came off after 65 mins? and Vazquez is injured

sod that, i'll give him a piggy back over the pennines if it's true...

That'd take too long. I'll strap him to the back of my motorcycle, stick a bucket on his head and bomb over the pennines then drop him off still wearing the bucket. (Bucket serves as helmet if you're wondering...)

Larsson didn't play for Birmingham City. Interesting. Due to happen to Rovers in summer. Could be sooner.

Rochina and Vazquez not involved for Barca B last night either. Not sure what is holding up that one/those ones.

Nicko, are you guessing or hinting earlier move for Larsson?

I thought Rochina played and came off after 65 mins? and Vazquez is injured

Look at the date of that match. A week ago Rochina played 65mins.

Archived