BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 4

• Backroom

If we sign nobody else what happens to the at least 5 mil budget that was promised?we have got in good players but only on loan.

Nothing happens to it, our owners will still have it and we will try again in summer.

To be fair they don't owe us it and there is no point in spending it for the sake of it.

Edit: And why bid £1m for Larsson when we could potentially have him for less with a bit of work

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing happens to it, our owners will still have it and we will try again in summer.

To be fair they don't owe us it and there is no point in spending it for the sake of it.

Do you not think we are one or two signings short of finishing comfortably in mid div?

Not too bothered about Larsson, he isn't a priority as far as I'm concerned. We still need a creative central midfield player and there is just 12 days left to bring one in.

If Liverpool are starting to become interested in the player imo we should put in a bid soon. Thinking about it the longer this drags on the more chance I can actually see him staying as Holloway will need time to spend the money to bring in a replacement.

• Backroom

Do you not think we are one or two signings short of finishing comfortably in mid div?

I think 1, a creative midfielder, but there is a way to run yet.

Larsson and 1 other would be fantastic business IMO.

Our rivals don't seem to be doing too much strengthening themselves.

Birmingham have Bentley and Villa Bent but the likes of Wolves, WBA, West Ham and Wigan (all the W's) haven't done anything of note.

I think 1, a creative midfielder, but there is a way to run yet.

Birmingham have Bentley and Villa Bent but the likes of Wolves, WBA, West Ham and Wigan (all the W's) haven't done anything of note.

I'd like to have seen us go for Hammil who went to Wolves today. Great little old school winger. Heard today that something like 47% of all Barnsley's chances have been created by him this season. £500k and certainly going to be on less money than Larsson.

Surely we can bid £1million for Larsson?

Nah, we'll get him for cheaper.

I can't blame Birmingham, they can either sell him today for £500k, or wait another two weeks or so and see if a slightly better offer comes in, leaving Rovers needing to make another slightly higher bid.

My guess is he'll arrive on deadline day for a figure close to £500k.

Guest linganzi

Adam price too much, and a tedious saga. Formica look on so that area is covered. I think we have been drawn into an Adam drama. (Please don't use that word again, or try to avoid the bad-word filter) that tool holloway.

Larrson fwd ours now or then I'm sure Nixon will confirm.

Jrr unlikely but a bonus

Any chance people reckon Kean is interested in Riquelme but doesn't want another media circus like the Ronaldinho saga,so denies the story,i know i'm kinda clutching at straws,i just think he's a phenomenal talent.

All of this new money does attract some odd agents.

And nothing new in terms of concrete deals.

I cannot see Venky's getting involved in an auction for Adam because he isn't a "big" name and I still have doubts whether they have the money to buy him (allegedly).

And although I sure Kean would like Adam, I'm still not convinced he's pulling the strings on transfers (allegedly).

And so we go round in circles, and still nothing happens.

Reckon Adam will be a good buy for LFC, will work in either formation Kenny plays, 4-2-3-1 or the 4-3-3

Before I lose the plot completely, I am NOT interested in Liverpool, if I was there are plenty of Liverpool forums I could go on can we please stop this Liverpool talk? I am on a Blackburn Rovers message board to talk about MY team Blackburn Rovers. Sometimes I wish I wasn't such a lady ...

Before I lose the plot completely, I am NOT interested in Liverpool, if I was there are plenty of Liverpool forums I could go on can we please stop this Liverpool talk? I am on a Blackburn Rovers message board to talk about MY team Blackburn Rovers. Sometimes I wish I wasn't such a lady ...

If you're not interested, ignore the post, not hard is it?

The lull before the storm or the calm after the storm - where are we, make your own mind-up on that one.

I think the threatened storm has petered out. Fitness prevailing, then two decent loan signings but somewhat less than I'm sure we all hoped for.

The big disappointment for me is that we haven't, and don't look like doing, landed Charlie boy. He was a target, even Mrs Desai mentioned him. I think that he would have been a cracking signing, even at £6 to 7m and Venkys would have put down a marker in securing him.

It's not over until the fat lady sings but I'm not holding my breath.

Archived