BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v West Brom

cruz

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit lucky to get the goal but we've certainly looked the better side after the nervy start.

Still not enough mobility up front for me. There's no doubt they're good enough to play together, but I just feel RSC would be better at this stage with a worker next to him rather than a technical player like Niko.

Our full backs have been immense. the formation suits their game no doubt. Dunny too.

Fantastic game, the team is playing as well as you could want them to play as a unit. Yes, some misplaced passes here and there, but overall simply fantastic.

I could fawn over every Blackburn player out there right now, but I'll just leave them to do the talking for themselves on the pitch.

Winning this by less than 3-0 will be disappointing and unjust.

Happy with that so far - how nice is it to see open, attacking football?

I was always very pro-Sam, but you can't help seeing how much better this style of football is.

Impressed with David Hoilett, Martin Olsson and Michel Salgado.

RSC has been neat and tidy and you can see sprouts of a partnership with Kalinic.

Samba's been good at both ends, Jones does look good after a shaky start and although MGP was absolutely woeful to start with, he's picked up a little bit.

Also, Dunny needs to stay in the 'hole' position - he's never going to be able to get up and down the pitch and just needs to be a passenger player for us to benefit from him, and with Jones in the side it looks as though he may be able to.

Bit wary of how much space there is in our midfield and how much time we're giving WBA around the area - a good team would have punished us by now, but all in all, good first half and let's hope we can kick on in the second :)

Think Jones looked good after the first 10 minutes, where he was running in between and missing some passes. He's helped the defence with high pressure on the Brom players, nice tackles and even one nice offensive contributetion.

Hoilett been good, Santa Cruz had some nice touches, a bit to slow, but he creates chances.

Looked good up front, Dunn's been ok, Hoilett has been very good. Pedersen got better as the half went on but we might benefit from getting EHD on the wing and moving Peds in centrally later. Jones hasn't had the best debut, wouldn't mind seeing N'Zonzi in the last 15-20 minutes. Olsson has been solid going forward as ever but not great defensively and we've been caught out down his wing a few times. Salgado has done his best, as always, but as with any quick winger he can get beaten.

I thought Jones played quite well. Not pulling up any trees, but keeping it tidy and he's covered for Salgado plenty of times when Thomas has been making us look vulnerable down that side.

Im the only one who thinks Jones have been brilliant? Covering all the space which Gamst and Dunn haven't been able too.

Have to agree with that...exactly what we have been missing.

Hoilett starting to really impress now! Could be a real player.

Archived