BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v West Brom

cruz

Is Samba Ronaldinho/Zlatan in disguise? :D

Not good enough technically, didn't you know? <_<

Funny how that is said when he was considerably better technically today than Pedersen. Three great crossfield passes, some nice touches on the ball, nearly scored (twice really), and even did a bit of showboating. But not good enough technically. Long may he continue to not be good enough technically.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stig: The situation with Jones and Odemwinige, you were lucky that the Ref didn’t penalized you?

Morten: Difficult for me to say.

Stig: The replay shows that it was clear penalty, you were really lucky!

Morten: Yes maybe, but if the Ref had given a penalty Robinson would have saved it anyways, so they were lucky to miss out on that humiliation

:lol:

I think most fans feel very positive which is a huge criticism of BFS's regime.

We passed fluently at times, we looked to go forward. We committed players. It was dare I say it, exciting.

It also sinks Sams theory we are a small club and can only play neanderthol football at our level. That we should look down and not up.

All of that Keen is proving is rubbish. Goodbye to the selfish Walker Trustees and goodbye to the long ball.

I think a lot of players will leave esp with youngsters coming through.

Roberts, Diouf, Diouf, Selgado, Andrews, a centre half, Grella, Benjani.

West Brom must hate playing us. Historically we have always done well against them and this season we have had 2 lucky wins over them. Robinson was undoubtedly man of the match today for a string of outstanding saves that kept us in the match. Hoilett looks a potential star in the making and enjoyed Santa Cruz's touches with his back to goal. Unlucky not to score too.

Think you must have been watching a different game mate??? Did u go to both games or any games?

I did and I thought we deserve to win at wba ground and We deserve to win today. I agree that Robinson made some good saves but that's what he is there to do. Attacking wise we look good all day could could and mabe should have scored more. The defenders were excellent and Jones and Dunn were good. Hoilett was excellent and was my MOTM. Kalinic and RSC worked well has a partnership and plenty to work on there.

Ryan who?

I can't remember much from the game and it's not like I drink, I think it was because I had headache it was all a blur but the players that did stand out for me were Samba and Hoilett, Jones was good also. I missed Hoilett's goal :rolleyes:

Songs of the day,

He's big, he's quick, he's got a 12 inch **** Chris Samba, Chris Samba and you scored an own goal, you scored an own goal, how s*** must you be? You scored an own goal.

Ha ha check this guy out, go on that man!

Chicken.jpg

Robinson - excellent! Made some very valuable stops that kept us in the game!

Samba - immense in the tackle and some excellent cross field passes.

Givet - his best performances are when playing alongside Samba! Won pretty much everything!

Salgado - lack of pace was highlighted against the lively Thomas. However, some excellent tackles.

Olsson - excellent game, some poor crosses but put in a real shift!

Jones - good first game but jumps into the challenge a bit early! Believe certain people have mixed some of the things olsson did and credited jones with it! Good signing!

Pedersen - poor for his standards but made some important challenges and played a few very decent balls!

Dunn - much better game! Still not fully fit!

Hoilett - awesome, the first player for a while who gets you to the edge of your seat! Needs to learn how to shoot and cross when running at full pace! Great potential!

RSC - class player! Will feel it tomorrow morning! He played like he wanted it!

Kalinic - very poor! Sorry to say but this lad just is not good enough!!

A pretty fair assessment of the lads today, Jones had a decent start and will only get better as he adjusts to the speed of the Prem. Roque worked hard and again games will help him find that killer touch, great 3 points.

Robinson - excellent! Made some very valuable stops that kept us in the game!

Samba - immense in the tackle and some excellent cross field passes.

Givet - his best performances are when playing alongside Samba! Won pretty much everything!

Salgado - lack of pace was highlighted against the lively Thomas. However, some excellent tackles.

Olsson - excellent game, some poor crosses but put in a real shift!

Jones - good first game but jumps into the challenge a bit early! Believe certain people have mixed some of the things olsson did and credited jones with it! Good signing!

Pedersen - poor for his standards but made some important challenges and played a few very decent balls!

Dunn - much better game! Still not fully fit!

Hoilett - awesome, the first player for a while who gets you to the edge of your seat! Needs to learn how to shoot and cross when running at full pace! Great potential!

RSC - class player! Will feel it tomorrow morning! He played like he wanted it!

Kalinic - very poor! Sorry to say but this lad just is not good enough!!

Good post there mate and i even agree with u on kalinic, a lot of our fans seem to really like him but for me flatters to decieve he only lasted just over an hour today, i think we started him because we paid 6million for him and we are giving him chances to prove his worth but needs to do better.

Scanned a few posts, I am probably in agreement with the majority. We deserved to win, but lucky to keep a clean sheet as one or two of those deflected shots might have gone in another day. Still nothing wrong with being lucky!! Robbo was as good as ever, defence played well outside of the 20 mins in the 2nd half when Salgado got the run around. Good substitutions by Keano to sort that out.

Thought Kalinic made alot of runs today for little reward, but opened up the space for others. Its an important part of the game that is sometimes missed. RSC looks a class act again, just hope he stays fit, should have scored at the end although he was offside!

Pederson was the only disappoint for me. He has been really good over the last few months but today was poor. You could tell from the first 3 minutes when he tried some silly flicks that he was going to have an off day, but every player has those.

Overall I am excited at watching football again at Ewood Park. What a refreshing change. Wonder what BFS had to say on Sky!! Keano will be leading us on a Europa League tour next season at this rate. The EPL is so average this year we could easily finish where we are now.

Ryan who?

I can't remember much from the game and it's not like I drink, I think it was because I had headache it was all a blur but the players that did stand out for me were Samba and Hoilett, Jones was good also. I missed Hoilett's goal :rolleyes:

Songs of the day,

He's big, he's quick, he's got a 12 inch **** Chris Samba, Chris Samba and you scored an own goal, you scored an own goal, how s*** must you be? You scored an own goal.

Ha ha check this guy out, go on that man!

Chicken.jpg

• Backroom

I thought today was an average display that was just enough on the day. Against better opposition we'll have to perform better than that to get 3 points.

Which we did against Liverpool :)

Funny to see BFS in the Sky studio. They should have been asking him how come we didn't play like that when he was in control. Great to see defenders passing it into midfield rather than wellying it forward all the time.

I thought he came across well and gave us a lot of credit. Spoke well about the fans and the club, and at half time he was very generous when he said we were by far the better side when in fact it had been pretty even upto that point.

Funny to see BFS in the Sky studio. They should have been asking him how come we didn't play like that when he was in control. Great to see defenders passing it into midfield rather than wellying it forward all the time.

Dont be daft there were plenty of long balls played today.

Also I noticed MGP taking long throws again and Robbo even took a free kick from close to the half way line... something that Kean appeared to have binned when he first took over presumably on the basis of political ewpedience.

• Backroom

Dont be daft there were plenty of long balls played today.

Also I noticed MGP taking long throws again and Robbo even took a free kick from close to the half way line... something that Kean appeared to have binned when he first took over presumably on the basis of political ewpedience.

I have to agree there Theno, you have to find a happy medium for the best results all around but against West Ham and Stoke I think the players were specifically instructed no long free kicks or throws as if to make a point.

We look much better having a mix of styles to our play.

Cruel of Sky to ask Sam to comment on the match seeing he must still be hurt by his unjust dismissal at Ewood. Must also have been tough for him to see the team he created move up to 7th knowing that he should be in charge and receiving the plaudits. Thought he spoke well on Sky. The man remains a class act.

I thought we clearly kept what had been our strengths - set pieces, but the difference was inbetween those we looked to create chances rather than create more set pieces.

Clearly a work in progress but far more excitement today than we had become used to.

And, of course, we got the three points as well.

Cruel of Sky to ask Sam to comment on the match seeing he must still be hurt by his unjust dismissal at Ewood. Must also have been tough for him to see the team he created move up to 7th knowing that he should be in charge and receiving the plaudits. Thought he spoke well on Sky. The man remains a class act.

Indeed. Holloway did not hold back with some of his comments.

Once again, Paul Robinson was outstanding, certainly the best goalkeeper in England at the moment.

Archived