BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v West Brom

cruz

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been some good stuff but some very poor final balls. Olsson very dangerous and Dunny playing some great balls but MGP has been awful. Not enough mobility up front either

Nice one Dunny. A decent final ball at last!

Youre kidding. End to end stuff

To be fair, I did say we had improved a few minutes after that but the opening 10-15 mins of the game were rubbish. Mis-placed passing, crosses going to nobody, giving away the ball, hacking down players infront of our area.

We've looked the better team since then and have deserved the lead.

Excellent reading of the game by Samba which enabled him to make a superb tackle.

phew.

We have a pretty good gameplan, the only problem is our passing has been like something out of a horror movie. I'm not sure if it's nerves or something, but we need to improve on that in the 2nd half. Robinson has also had to save us a couple of times now that the defense has simply disappeared.

• Backroom

I think we've been good so far. Some very nice play for Hoilett who has been excellent, Santa Cruz has added a touch of real class to our attack and Samba has been immense (how many times have we all said that over the years?).

MGP and Olsson have been a bit disappointing down the left, particularly Pedersen who really needs to step it up a bit. His mistake at the start seemed to knock his confidence for most of that half. Salgado struggling a little against Thomas, always feel a bit uncomfortable when it comes down that side.

Overall i think we deserve to be in front, and if we can get an early goal in the 2nd half the game will be as good as over.

Cracking goal from the WBA lad, also

H/T - 1-0

My only disappointment is that it should be more. After a shaky start, the players have settled and played some brilliant stuff, if the final ball has been lacking at times. Samba, Olsson and Hoilett have all been playing well, and Jones has been doing a thankless task in midfield. Kalinic & Cruz have shown glimpses of what could be. Pedersen has been pretty naff.

Looked good up front, Dunn's been ok, Hoilett has been very good. Pedersen got better as the half went on but we might benefit from getting EHD on the wing and moving Peds in centrally later. Jones hasn't had the best debut, wouldn't mind seeing N'Zonzi in the last 15-20 minutes. Olsson has been solid going forward as ever but not great defensively and we've been caught out down his wing a few times. Salgado has done his best, as always, but as with any quick winger he can get beaten.

Archived