BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Venkys interview

Wilky

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Scripting/ArticleWin.asp?From=Archive&Source=Page&Skin=TOINEW&BaseHref=TOIPU%2F2011%2F01%2F18&PageLabel=23&EntityId=Ar02300&ViewMode=HTML&GZ=T

as posted on their Facebook page...

they seem to think that uncle jack is the founder lol..

they also want to start a football team in India and call it blackburn rovers pune... hmm

the thing about our scouts is kinda strange too

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Why was Sam Allardyce sacked?'

'No one can be bigger the club. Be it owner, fan or player. The club is the biggest no matter who the owner is.'

Ok.. Please can you answer the question now Mr Rao?

Rough translation- No-one can be bigger than us and contradict what we plan to do... Allardyce does not say yes half as much as Steve Kean does :angry:

Oh and of course we got beaten against United in front of his friends

'No one can be bigger the club. Be it owner, fan or player. The club is the biggest no matter who the owner is.'

Rough translation- No-one can be bigger than us and contradict what we plan to do... Allardyce does not say yes half as much as Steve Kean does :angry:

we didn't get beaten by united, we got annihilated

Reading that interview it's clearly apparent Rovers are nothing but a rich boy's play toy. How long will it be before he gets bored with it and moves on to something else, especially when he realises it's an extremely expensive hobby and likely to lose his family a great deal of money over the coming years ? It's early days of course and we'll see how it all unfolds over the next few months but in the long term I'm not alone in thinking this will all end in tears and that interview does little to reassure. On another note, I'm looking forward to the next "big name" they are going to conjure out of the hat - irrespective of course whether that "big name" is wanted by the manager or would actually be useful to the team.

I can only assume its to do with his nickname? Big Sam :rolleyes:

" Had I bought a team (in India) then I would have had to pump in lots of finance, etc.

"So then I thought of buying a team in one of the international leagues".

:rolleyes:

I assume this is a reference to stadia, training facilities, playing staff, youth development etc etc...

Most top flight international teams already have the majority of these.

we didn't get beaten by united, we got annihilated

It happens.. it was a poor performance, not helped by conceding after 70 seconds, and Chimbonda in absolute meltdown.

But how did we respond?

3-0 win against Wolves the week after. We took it on the chin and got an excellent result against relegation rivals!

A few teams have taken a leathering at some point, Sunderland got beaten 5-1 by Newcastle in a derby.

Villa got beat 6-0 (correct me if i'm wrong) against Newcastle.

Wigan got hammered 9-1 last season against Tottenham.

Games like that happen, everything United touched turned to gold that game. No need to sack a top manager over it.

Of course we all know that this is not why he got sacked at all :glare:

Reading that interview it's clearly apparent Rovers are nothing but a rich boy's play toy. How long will it be before he gets bored with it and moves on to something else, especially when he realises it's an extremely expensive hobby and likely to lose his family a great deal of money over the coming years ? It's early days of course and we'll see how it all unfolds over the next few months but in the long term I'm not alone in thinking this will all end in tears and that interview does little to reassure. On another note, I'm looking forward to the next "big name" they are going to conjure out of the hat - irrespective of course whether that "big name" is wanted by the manager or would actually be useful to the team.

Jim, on the one hand i want to say that City, Chelsea, Liverpool etc... are all 'rich boys play toys'. However i think you're probably right. Nothing specifically to do with Venky's in particular. But English football on the whole faces this risk. What can we do about it? We just have to hope Venky's don't walk away and burden us with crippling debt. If we didn't get on this ride then we'd have suffered an equally nasty fate anyway. Relegation through lack of funding would have done us in regardless.

With a bit of luck and some success they'll fall in love with the club. Mrs Desai seems to be edging that way already . Can't be just a business thing or they could just put the money in the bank and earn interest, Here's hoping.

Reading that interview it's clearly apparent Rovers are nothing but a rich boy's play toy.

You forgot to mention were a marketing tool aswell ;)

In the world of football owners he's a moderately upper class boy, desperately trying to attract attention. Ronaldinho being his second hand rustbucket.

Does he drive a porsche boxter does anyone know? :rolleyes:

they are blatantly using rovers to gain a football fan base in India and to have their own premier league team in India...

Venkys agenda - to get a super star studied Indian premier league team in the champions league... rovers are just a stepping stone

One of Sam's biggest achievements is that he managed to convince an awful lot of people that he was the only manager capable of keeping a club like Rovers in this division, by whatever means necessary.

A lot of people on here seem to put a lot of stock into what "people in football" think of Steve Kean, and use it as a stick to beat him with. Well we'll see how much of a top manager Sam is/was and what "people in football" think of him when he takes his next job. I don't recall a clamour for his services on Merseyside recently. It's also pretty quiet in parts of East London, West London and West Bromwich.

Anyway, on topic, Jim is right. But no more right than had it been Syed or Glazer or the UAE guy who had taken us over. To a certain extent it's what we were under Jack but as a fan he clearly had the interests of the club and community at heart. Anyone buying a club these days is pretty much only doing it for themselves in some way or other - and if you didn't expect that you were pretty naive.

they are blatantly using rovers to gain a football fan base in India and to have their own premier league team in India...

Venkys agenda - to get a super star studied Indian premier league team in the champions league... rovers are just a stepping stone

If Venkys manage to get a Indian team in to the Champions League then they are even more powerful than any of us could have imagined as that would mean India moving from Asia to Europe seriously impressive if they pull that one off

One of Sam's biggest achievements is that he managed to convince an awful lot of people that he was the only manager capable of keeping a club like Rovers in this division, by whatever means necessary.

A lot of people on here seem to put a lot of stock into what "people in football" think of Steve Kean, and use it as a stick to beat him with. Well we'll see how much of a top manager Sam is/was and what "people in football" think of him when he takes his next job. I don't recall a clamour for his services on Merseyside recently. It's also pretty quiet in parts of East London, West London and West Bromwich.

Whilst Sam did spend some money during his time here it was also countered somewhat in that he had to sell our better players to raise funds. So far Venkys appear like they will provide Kean with financial flexibility in the transfer market which we did not have previously, therefore helping him in theory, to bring in better quality players.

To judge the two in relation to their achievements probably would not be a accurate/fair reflection - most people would likely accept the probability of doing better, as a club & with player recruitment, is aided by having more finance (plus by having the ability to keep most of your better players).

Anyway, on topic, Jim is right. But no more right than had it been Syed or Glazer or the UAE guy who had taken us over. To a certain extent it's what we were under Jack but as a fan he clearly had the interests of the club and community at heart. Anyone buying a club these days is pretty much only doing it for themselves in some way or other - and if you didn't expect that you were pretty naive.

I would perceive it as particularly naive to sack an extremely experienced premier league manager and to replace him with a nobody.

What other clubs do does not interest me, after all it is bad decisions that often lead clubs into unnecessary trouble (Newcaslte sacked Big Sam)

It is also naive of clubs who are in desperate trouble not to look at a manager like Allardyce. If West Ham sack Grant, it would be common sense to approach a manager with a track record like his.

I would call it completely naive to buy a club and start drastically making changes left, right and centre. Many owners are quite happy to allow the club to be run by 'football men'.. Randy Lerner would be one example.

This whole takeover is laced with naivety.

You're probably right, it was naive of me to believe that these owners would have allowed the football club to be run as normal.

Wow... some of the comments in this thread are so retarded its unreal.

Rich boys play thing? Media outlet?

Where the hell have you been for the past 20 years of the premiership, get a grip and stop living in the past.

Oh and why was sam sacked? Cos we played rubbish football and signed a vast number of naff players.

How can they get an Indian team into the Champions League?

I can only assume it means the Asian Champions League, not European Champions League.

Having said that, I have no idea what "super star studied Indian premier league team" means.

Archived