BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Venkys interview

Wilky

Oh and why was sam sacked? Cos we played rubbish football and signed a vast number of naff players.

Would you be able to get a list of these 'naff' players and also the value at which they were bought?

As usual we have been presented with a particularly outspoken 'sam-hater' here, who can't appreciate the job he did over 2 years at our football club. Saving clubs from relegation and attaining a top 10 finish the next season, on a shoestring budget, is I gather not enough for you.

I guess you were a fan of the Ince appointment aswell? :rolleyes:

Anyway, you get busy compiling that list of naff players

17th after spending 140 million - I bet he's extremely grateful to the football men for managing his investment so wisely.

three top 6 finishes in a row wasn't bad.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has nothing to do with it:

"I'm not suited to Bolton or Blackburn, I would be more suited to Inter or Real Madrid," Allardyce said. "It wouldn't be a problem to me to go and manage those clubs because I would win the double or the league every time. Give me Manchester United or Chelsea and I would do the same, it wouldn't be a problem. It's not where I'm suited to, it's just where I've been for most of the time.

Jimmy I'll acknowledge the good job Sam Allardyce did, but I also understand why Venky's decision to get rid even though it was somewhat a premature decision.

This has nothing to do with it:

"I'm not suited to Bolton or Blackburn, I would be more suited to Inter or Real Madrid," Allardyce said. "It wouldn't be a problem to me to go and manage those clubs because I would win the double or the league every time. Give me Manchester United or Chelsea and I would do the same, it wouldn't be a problem. It's not where I'm suited to, it's just where I've been for most of the time.

Jimmy I'll acknowledge the good job Sam Allardyce did, but I also understand why Venky's decision to get rid even though it was somewhat a premature decision.

Do you mean the quote you left there has nothing to do with it? That would be absolutely correct. What have you posted that for?

And I of course understand the decision to sack allardyce from Venkys point of view.. He isn't a yes man

Oh and why was sam sacked? Cos we played rubbish football and signed a vast number of naff players.

How dare you say Sam signed naff players. Take that back!!! ;)

And I of course understand the decision to sack allardyce from Venkys point of view.. He isn't a yes man

Someone give the gramophone a tap. Blah blah blah blah blah

Do you mean the quote you left there has nothing to do with it? That would be absolutely correct. What have you posted that for?

I meant the quote had a lot with it to do. He was bigger than Rovers. He never admitted his wrongs. He only blamed everyone else and often talked about the club like "They Rovers" instead of "We Rovers".

Even though it has nothing to do with it I was getting sick and tired of the media calling us Bolton as well.

I think it is quite childish and based on zero facts to be calling Kean a yes man.

Would you be able to get a list of these 'naff' players and also the value at which they were bought?

So players on free transfers play for free aswell? Do they not get signing on fee's and wages? Am i missing somthing? Went let loose with abit of money we picked up diouf, chimbonda and kalanic. They have worked out a treat aye? Im not going to list the string of duff free signings we have ended up with. Salgado and N'Zonzi have big green ticks to their name.

As usual we have been presented with a particularly outspoken 'sam-hater' here, who can't appreciate the job he did over 2 years at our football club. Saving clubs from relegation and attaining a top 10 finish the next season, on a shoestring budget, is I gather not enough for you.

As usual we are presented with someone who can't read, jumps to conclusions and is so far up SA anal cavity that he is still trapped in there, a good month on now.

Did i say i didnt appreciate the job he did?

Did i say that keeping us up and 10th finish wasnt a good achievement?

He did a ok job with the tools he was given, he still had the bulk of a squad that finished 6th not too long ago which was short on confidence, he did well to get them believing in themselves again.

The tenth place was a pleasent suprise after the winless streak of 7/8 games was it? Some fine form in the second half of the season pulled us from that particular hole.

He also brought on some of our younger players well, more forced to than choice, but still Olsson has come on well, NZonzi has done the business thus far and Jones has incredible potential. Though i doff my cap mainly towards the coaches for their development, they were the guys working with them day in/day out.

Anyway, towards the end of last season we started to play some ok stuff, the ball was starting to touch the floor. But sadly from kick off this season the ball has had more air miles than a trans atlantic jet. It was a case of 1 step foward, 2 steps back. When you pay 40 odd million for a club, they are well within their right to expect us to be playing better stuff, which has been seen under kean so far, its not perfect but we are getting better.

But no, carry on with this line of thought.

Venkys>Bad

SA>Good

Anyone who dares object to anything about SA management>Sam hater

I meant the quote had a lot with it to do. He was bigger than Rovers. He never admitted his wrongs. He only blamed everyone else and often talked about the club like "They Rovers" instead of "We Rovers".

Even though it has nothing to do with it I was getting sick and tired of the media calling us Bolton as well.

I think it is quite childish and based on zero facts to be calling Kean a yes man.

He was never bigger than Rovers, nor did he ever think he was. I seriously doubt that quote was a 'come and get me plea'

I'm not interested in what the media had to say about us, I'm far more interested in the security of our Premier League status... and it was far better than the press Rovers and venkys have been getting recently by the way.

Perhaps i'm wrong about Kean, he might be a blessing in disguise. But the question that begs to be asked, and that hasnt really been answered but for murmurings of 'he's a thinker' is why did Kean get the job?

No experience, no real presence.

Yet Venkys are insistant he is a great manager. And they got that impression within a matter of days of sacking Allardyce.

These are not football people, they can't judge if a man is a good manager or not from absolutely nothing (infact no-one can).

Of course you could also mention he is a client for Kentaro, and that was probably a factor.

But thats just my ridiculous conspiracy theories. :)

If Venkys manage to get a Indian team in to the Champions League then they are even more powerful than any of us could have imagined as that would mean India moving from Asia to Europe seriously impressive if they pull that one off

how many countries are now part of Europe that didn't used to be?

its only a matter of time before those countries cry racism for not being part of Europe, anyway that's another thread..

unless they splash the cash then as far as I'm concerned we are already playing burnley again next season in the championship...

Probably the same way Qatar can win the right to host the World Cup...and then try and move it to January :blush:

Qatar want the world cup in summer. Fifa are the ones who want to move it.

Not a bad interview, nicely side stepped the question on the sacking...

Wow... some of the comments in this thread are so retarded its unreal.

Rich boys play thing? Media outlet?

Where the hell have you been for the past 20 years of the premiership, get a grip and stop living in the past.

If I could still press the little green + button, I would.

Well said.

I'm not interested in what the media had to say about us, I'm far more interested in the security of our Premier League status... and it was far better than the press Rovers and venkys have been getting recently by the way.

So , are you interested or not?

Sam was a ggood manager - NO DOUBT, but he had his flaws and one of them was portraying himself like he was all that and to big for the club.

I can't see us losing our Premier League status with Steve Kean in the hotseat either or do you believe we will get relegated this year?

So players on free transfers play for free aswell? Do they not get signing on fee's and wages? Am i missing somthing? Went let loose with abit of money we picked up diouf, chimbonda and kalanic. They have worked out a treat aye? Im not going to list the string of duff free signings we have ended up with. Salgado and N'Zonzi have big green ticks to their name.

Diouf- I think most will agree he works hard up and down the field and has done a solid job over the 2 years he has been here.

Chimbonda- I absolutely agree with you, not good enough.

Kalinic- Definately a good player with a lot of potential, if we can get someone playing off him whos better than Dunn I think we could see a vast improvement.

Otherwise very little money spent.

I assume you like Givet? and like you said Sal and Nzonzi very good. Mame on loan, good.

With no money you have to sometimes take a punt on players on a free. I doubt very much that if Alardyce had the money Kean now has, he would not have signed Goulon, Van Heerden, Benjani. When times are hard he is the man to have.

As far as i'm concerned if Allardyce had been given the money he would have made us a very decent team. Never to break into the top 4, but realsitically that will never happen anyway.

Unfortunately he was short of I believe a Kevin Nolan type player (don't mention Dunn), and of course a Tugay or a Campo.

If we'd given him money he would have found those players.

All his career he has never had money, except for a couple of months at Newcastle.

Under Steve Kean it would be easy to point at the Liverpool game as brilliant (which of course it was, we played very well)

But it would be just as easy to point at Stoke and West Ham, whereby we were useless.

I think that the 21 points we acheived before Christmas has certainly I hope, kept us safe this season.

I don't need to watch Rovers stroking the ball around for ninety minutes to enjoy going to Ewood. It wasnt always perfect but it was bloody effective.

unless they splash the cash then as far as I'm concerned we are already playing burnley again next season in the championship...

You really think the current team we have is worse than Wolves, West Ham, Wigan, West Brom and Fulham just to name a few?

And after beating West Brom (Confident) we will then fail to get 3 more wins needed to reach 40 points?

So , are you interested or not?

Sam was a ggood manager - NO DOUBT, but he had his flaws and one of them was portraying himself like he was all that and to big for the club.

I can't see us losing our Premier League status with Steve Kean in the hotseat either or do you believe we will get relegated this year?

I thought you might pick on that,I realised my immediate mistake when i'd posted ;) What i was trying to say (rather unsuccesfully) was that if you were bothered about the media then, how do you feel now?

Every manager has his flaws, and Sam like everyone had his. I don't think he ever believed he was too big for Rovers.

I posted just before that I think the 21 points by mid December was enough to keep us up. And of course it looks as though we have some players coming in from transfers.

It will all become clear soon. If we can emulate the results that we got under Allardyce against relegation rivals (i.e. not losing away and winning at home) we will be ok. However if we start slipping up against teams below us it could be a difficult end to the season.

If we can emulate the results that we got under Allardyce against relegation rivals (i.e. not losing away and winning at home) we will be ok. However if we start slipping up against teams below us it could be a difficult end to the season.

I agree with this and IMO Kean have done superbly by beating West Brom (relegation fodder) AWAY and Liverpool at Home. It has also been fun watching us while getting these results. I dont see any signs that we will start slipping up against teams below us. What I saw on Saturday against Chelsea was a team very good organized defensively which had the ability to break fast on counter-attack something we didnt have under Sammy.

I agree with this and IMO Kean have done superbly by beating West Brom (relegation fodder) AWAY and Liverpool at Home. It has also been fun watching us while getting these results. I dont see any signs that we will start slipping up against teams below us. What I saw on Saturday against Chelsea was a team very good organized defensively which had the ability to break fast on counter-attack something we didnt have under Sammy.

Whilst you may argue that we have turned a corner since, the West Ham and the Stoke game left a lot to be desired. But it was a difficult time for the club and i'm sure many people have put it down as repercussions of the shock of Allardyce's departure.

However teams in and around us are going to play us and scrap and fight for points. At the moment I don't think the midfield could cope with that in a 4-4-2. What i'm trying to say is there isn't a tackle between them.

We will probably rely on JJ to come in and provide steel. If he can't do that I do fear for us against teams below.I don't think we're quality enough to pass our way through these teams either. If it comes down to a scrappy game and a real old fashioned relegation 6 pointer, I wouldn't put money on us.

If Venkys manage to get a Indian team in to the Champions League then they are even more powerful than any of us could have imagined as that would mean India moving from Asia to Europe seriously impressive if they pull that one off

Just as powerful as israel then. Last time I checked these feckers were in the middle east.

Now they play european football.

:wacko:

As far as the Sam arguement goes, everyone must agree he did fantastic for the club for two years and all we know for sure is that the new owners didn't think he was the man to take the club forward. Now maybe they do want a yes man or maybe they want better football or who knows. I thought he deserved some more time to see what he could do with money but we are where we are so look forward and on that note it looks like Venkys are finally getting their house in order with regards to interviews.

I don't think we're quality enough to pass our way through these teams either. If it comes down to a scrappy game and a real old fashioned relegation 6 pointer, I wouldn't put money on us.

But we did this against both Liverpool and West Brom. It wasnt all luck?

We also coped with the midfield of Chelsea for 60 minutes.

I dont fear a relegation scrap just because we have begun to play a little bit different. I think the biggest difference is giving Hoilett and Olsson the opportunity to use their pace down the flanks which is helping the strikers. We also have higher pressure which helps us from being constantly under threat from the opposition.

Archived