BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Venkys interview

Wilky

But we did this against both Liverpool and West Brom. It wasnt all luck?

We also coped with the midfield of Chelsea for 60 minutes.

I dont fear a relegation scrap just because we have begun to play a little bit different. I think the biggest difference is giving Hoilett and Olsson the opportunity to use their pace down the flanks which is helping the strikers. We also have higher pressure which helps us from being constantly under threat from the opposition.

I think passing our way through West Brom could certainly be argued with. The first goal was an exceptional pass over the top by ped, well finished by kalinic, lovely goal.

The second two were well rehearsed corner routines.

Their goal however was due to a non tackle in our midfield if you remember? And I must admit we did ride our luck in that game, Bunn was excellent when he came on and West Brom did create a lot of chances.

Liverpool we were excellent, and I cannot fault the performance.

All i'm saying is that when you look across the midfield, there is no steel. If JJ can provide that, RSC is fit, and we can bring in a creative midfielder we should be absolutely fine.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem I have with SAMs signings is that with the money he had he bought three right backs, costing 1.5 million in fees and about 90k in wages when we had Emerton who plays at RB, he also bought Kalinic and played him in a system that he cannot play in for 6 million pounds, signed a centre half for 4 million to play at left back when we had plenty of options at CB and few at LB and LB is clearly not Givets best position.

Venkys have money, this has now been evidenced in the other thread and if they want a top 6 team then Sam was not the right choice as manager, even though I disagree with when hecwas sacked.

I would perceive it as particularly naive to sack an extremely experienced premier league manager and to replace him with a nobody.

What other clubs do does not interest me, after all it is bad decisions that often lead clubs into unnecessary trouble (Newcaslte sacked Big Sam)

It is also naive of clubs who are in desperate trouble not to look at a manager like Allardyce. If West Ham sack Grant, it would be common sense to approach a manager with a track record like his.

I would call it completely naive to buy a club and start drastically making changes left, right and centre. Many owners are quite happy to allow the club to be run by 'football men'.. Randy Lerner would be one example.

This whole takeover is laced with naivety.

You're probably right, it was naive of me to believe that these owners would have allowed the football club to be run as normal.

You won't find me arguing with any of that. I was one of the few on here urging caution when others were getting over-excited about playing Football Manager for real with untold billions. Including some of those who now oppose/dislike the takeover.

However, it is what it is now, and I do dislike hypocrisy, so I believe people should be balanced about these things. For example, if it was okay to slam the media for saying Sam played hoofball, sacking Ince was racist and Hughes turned us into thugs, it is not okay to then use the same media as a supportive argument to prove your dislike of Kean.

The problem I have with SAMs signings is that with the money he had he bought three right backs, costing 1.5 million in fees and about 90k in wages when we had Emerton who plays at RB, he also bought Kalinic and played him in a system that he cannot play in for 6 million pounds, signed a centre half for 4 million to play at left back when we had plenty of options at CB and few at LB and LB is clearly not Givets best position.

Venkys have money, this has now been evidenced in the other thread and if they want a top 6 team then Sam was not the right choice as manager, even though I disagree with when hecwas sacked.

You were always one of the first members to fight Sam's corner, but now you're going out of your way to criticize him.

Weird...

I backed Sam and thought he did a great job, however we look as if we have some money now so do I trust him with it? Well no would be the answer based on what he bought with us. I thought it was strange at the time that three right backs were bought with one playing left!

Archived