BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Shirt Sponsors ?

ewoodpo

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Singapore, every game is shown live on cable tv but i think the question is more of how many people will watch a Rovers game when there is a Manure, Arse, Chelski etc game showing at the same time?

I have never seen a pub play a Rovers game unless 1. We're playing against a big team 2. it's the only match on.

In Singapore, every game is shown live on cable tv but i think the question is more of how many people will watch a Rovers game when there is a Manure, Arse, Chelski etc game showing at the same time

Thisis were we need an interest of these people. Ie local player.

With India we should be one of the biggest team now because we are the only one with Indian influence. And with the rao's interest in getting an Indian player this will make us even bigger.

South America, is this a potentially untapped area due to the interest in south American players. I bet barca and messi have a huge fanbase over there.

Hi SAS,

While I agree with your logic the chances of any player in the next 5 years being anywhere near EPL standard is zero. India are ranked 144 in the world and 25 in the Asian Football Confederation. The top 3 in Asia are Australia, Japan and South Korea who are ranked 26, 29 and 39. For me in Asia the only country worth perusing is China but I have no clue if that is a territory Venkey's are interested in.

South America is different and that could work I remember when Claudio Caniggia was playing for Dundee his games were shown live in Argentina. He was past it when he went to Scotland but at Dundee he was a different class. I know that Real Madrid and Barcelona are very well supported in South America due to Spanish Language and the numbers of WORLD CLASS South American players they have had. I don't think Rovers are anywhere near that level and to get that to that level would take investment on larger scale that has happened at Citeh.

Cheers

BKR

PS: Nice to talk about this stuff proves it not all doom and gloom and things are happening.

Thisis were we need an interest of these people. Ie local player.

With India we should be one of the biggest team now because we are the only one with Indian influence. And with the rao's interest in getting an Indian player this will make us even bigger.

South America, is this a potentially untapped area due to the interest in south American players. I bet barca and messi have a huge fanbase over there.

I might be wrong but i think in many parts of Asia, people tend to support the successful teams, ie Man U, Chelsea etc so just having a local player is probably not enough. We need Rovers to consistently challenge for honors for us to build up a fan base. For example, 15 years ago, I only know of 1 Chelsea supporter in school but I see their jerseys everywhere nowadays.

• Moderation Lead

Yeah the black box isn't the most attractive one we've had, i've always wanted us to do a red one with no box in a similar fashion to the 2008-2009 navy away kit as i still like the logo.

Have to agree with you on the Cobra sponsor, would be awesome. B)

Cobra in the concourse pre-game :D

According to the LT our current shirt sponsor haven't decided whether or not the will continue to support us.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/8802573.Crown_Paints_still_to_decide_on_Blackburn_Rovers_shirt_deal/

According to that Crown have 6 months to decide. So that suggests the club would be happy to renew. But it also means that if they drop us in July, we'll have a month to negotiate a new deal with someone else or end up doing a West Brom.

Only want Crown back if the ditch the ugly black mark.

Does anyone know how much crown are paying?

Wouldn't swear to it but I think I read £4m somewhere. Apparently that was a great deal compared to other clubs. Probably countered any loss in shirt sales anyway!

Blackburn Rovers

Kit Sponsor: Crown Paints

In March this year Blackburn Rovers inked a three-year sponsorship deal with Crown Paints. The deal struck between the two parties looks to be beneficial for the Lancashire club, as Crown Paints has been recently taken over by Leeds-based private equity firm Endless Investments, who are in seemingly sound financial health. Endless Investments has annual revenues of more than £180m, and is targeting £200m revenues over the next three years. That makes the £5m per season that the firm are forking out to sponsor Blackburn look like peanuts.

Minor Sponsors: Party Poker, Bet365, Fraser Eagle Group, Walkersteel, WEC Group

That's a very good amount for where Rovers are in the league.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how much crown are paying?

£1.7m a year which is much more than about 9 clubs in the league.

Hopefully our new owners/ Kentaro have been in discussions about much bigger deals with multi-national firms.

Kit sponsor up too in summer....So will be interesting to see who we get. Would love us to get Adidas as the kit manufacture

£1.7m a year which is much more than about 9 clubs in the league.

According to Tom Finn and Greg Coar, Rovers never had and never would publicly release this information (I asked Tom directly) and press reports of sponsorship values are wildly inaccurate.

Hopefully our new owners/ Kentaro have been in discussions about much bigger deals with multi-national firms.

Tom said that we'd had contact with some big names (but wouldn't elaborate), but wouldn't even hint whether it was brand of particular prominence in India (I personally suspect it will be).

Kit sponsor up too in summer....So will be interesting to see who we get. Would love us to get Adidas as the kit manufacture

Tom confirmed my own belief that we still have several years to run with Umbro (which originally came from an Umbro presentation at the club around 12 months ago). Still, I love a good "Stanley's kits are made by Nike" thread, so don't let that get in the way.

A little wager that Venky's will "sponsor" us next season.

I'll wager not, Greg (I think) pointed out that shirt sponsorship is valuable income and selling it to Venky's doesn't make sense (he also let slip that Venky's have paid for their current round the pitch advertising).

Sorry for name dropping, but some people seem to treat anything with disbelief that does come with named sources at the moment.

Tom confirmed my own belief that we still have several years to run with Umbro (which originally came from an Umbro presentation at the club around 12 months ago). Still, I love a good "Stanley's kits are made by Nike" thread, so don't let that get in the way.

To back up Glenn, the Unbro kit deal is until 2016.

A little wager that Venky's will "sponsor" us next season.

It would be an easy way for them to get club revenue up, for wages and transfers. A 10 million a year shirst sponsoship deal reduces the bottom line of their for-profit businesses (advertisment expense) while at the same time gives the Rovers a healthy margin to improve the squad.

Of course it would be too good to be true and so won't happen.

Tom said that we'd had contact with some big names (but wouldn't elaborate), but wouldn't even hint whether it was brand of particular prominence in India (I personally suspect it will be).

Tata Motors or something similar? It would make a lot of sense, considering they're in the English market with Jaguar and Land Rover, and have manufacturing plants in India and Argentina, as well as elsewhere.

Archived