BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Shirt Sponsors ?

ewoodpo

I dont think it will be Venky's, it just doesn't add up as a good idea financially.

I do think it will be a foreign sponsor though, perhaps Asian. Venky's could offer it as part of a business deal to a company from their neck of the woods, and I'm pretty sure just about any company would grasp the opportunity to have their name on a PL shirt.

I had never heard of Chang beer before Everton had it on their shirt.

A similar sort of thing could happen?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Tom Finn and Greg Coar, Rovers never had and never would publicly release this information (I asked Tom directly) and press reports of sponsorship values are wildly inaccurate.

Ah thats good....good job it didnt come 'publicly' then eh....but its correct

Tom said that we'd had contact with some big names (but wouldn't elaborate), but wouldn't even hint whether it was brand of particular prominence in India (I personally suspect it will be).

To be honest id be shocked if they knew about who we are likely to go with - I expect Kentaro to be advising on this one.

Tom confirmed my own belief that we still have several years to run with Umbro (which originally came from an Umbro presentation at the club around 12 months ago). Still, I love a good "Stanley's kits are made by Nike" thread, so don't let that get in the way.

Think we signed up with them for 07-08 on a 4 year deal...so unless thats changed, im sure that deal is up too.

As for the Nike arguement - it may be a nice tick that people like but they wont pay us anywhere near as much.

• Backroom

Tom also said the figures that get mentioned are asolute maximums and are heavily condition based, I imagine league position and amount of games on TV are factors.

Umbro is definitely 2016 though which I'm glad about.

Would love it to be Volkswagen India. The car industry in India is having a boom and is one of the largest in the world and with at least one of our owners love for anything on four wheels it would not surprise me, most of the big guns in the automotive industry have plants over there and quite a few around Pune, VW, GM, Mahindra and Tata.

My personal affection to air cooled VW's would make them the icing on my shirt.

Someone like to put the VW logo on shirt, just for me. :D

Would love it to be Volkswagen India. The car industry in India is having a boom and is one of the largest in the world and with at least one of our owners love for anything on four wheels it would not surprise me, most of the big guns in the automotive industry have plants over there and quite a few around Pune, VW, GM, Mahindra and Tata.

My personal affection to air cooled VW's would make them the icing on my shirt.

Someone like to put the VW logo on shirt, just for me. :D

Well.... There's always Wolfsburg or Mexico's Puebla for you

Archived