BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 5

I heard that Sky has a large wheel with teams names on it which they then spin, there is a clicker (much like Wheel of Fortune) that slowly slows the wheel and matches the club with a player to devise their story.

I heard that it was more like this;

Behind the scenes at Sky Sports News.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Checked with my best South American contact...there is no chance of Riquelme.

The player is due a big payment from Boca at the end of his deal and won't be leaving.

Don't think the manager confirmed anything today. Must have been at a different press conference.

Awful lot going on. Formica, Larsson, Samba, Diouf etc.

Catch you later.

- Formica might well happen in what seems to be a complicated deal. Puzzling, but at least a good chance we'll see him in a Rovers shirt.

- On the sidelines regarding Adam, I have a feeling that one won't be happening.

- Vasquez, not too many sources on that one. Strange that sources reporting interest in Rochina are saying nothing about VV. I'm therefore sceptical to this one happening.

Vasquez should be the one we try to close. IMO, better value for money, more likely to adapt to PL and a cleaner / far less complicated deal.

Awful lot going on. Formica, Larsson, Samba, Diouf etc.

Catch you later.

Hope it isn't awful!

Can't see this anywhere, but on SSN's fancy transfer screen thing it listed someone called Eremenko as a potential incomer. Any ideas other than a Sky Sports cock up?

Finland international. Russian dad, that´s why the name. Plays at Kilmanrock on loan from Ukraine. He has a good vision of game and can take a free kick. His body reminds Dunny´s, looks well eaten even when is fit. He has a bad temper and troubles seems to follow him. He couldn´t play as high tempo league as PL. He has done well at Scotland though and was named the player of month. Anyway, avoid.

Sorry if the whole thing was about his brother Roman. He playes at Dynamo Kiev and doing well. Quite sure this was about Alexei, the one at Scotland.

• Backroom

Can't see this anywhere, but on SSN's fancy transfer screen thing it listed someone called Eremenko as a potential incomer. Any ideas other than a Sky Sports cock up?

Alexey Eremenko was fantastic on CM 03/04... but then so was Cherno Samba and Porarin Brynar Kristjansson. Seems like his career hasn't really gone anywhere so would be surprised if we went for him.

One of the Finnish Eremenko brothers perhaps. I've only seen Roman and he's a pretty good playmaker.

Roman Eremenko is 23.

Sounds more like the type of player that we are being linked with. Young and promising.

Roman is a starter at Dynamo Kiev. He likes being there and they don´t have to sell. Alexei is waiting for a move. Shef. Utd were scouting him this week when Kilmanrock lost at home. He has said he would like to stay but his club Metalist want to sell and Kilmanrock can´t afford. The fee is not more than £1M. But he isn´t PL standard. Not sorry Roman is either but he isn´t available cheap. I didn´t like Kuqi and Enckelman playing for Rovers because I knew they aren´t good enough. Same goes for Eremenko bros. Niklas Moisander is the only Finland´s national team player who is good enough to play top10 PL team and he is a Centre half.

Roman is a starter at Dynamo Kiev. He likes being there and they don´t have to sell. Alexei is waiting for a move. Shef. Utd were scouting him this week when Kilmanrock lost at home. He has said he would like to stay but his club Metalist want to sell and Kilmanrock can´t afford. The fee is not more than £1M. But he isn´t PL standard. Not sorry Roman is either but he isn´t available cheap. I didn´t like Kuqi and Enckelman playing for Rovers because I knew they aren´t good enough. Same goes for Eremenko bros. Niklas Moisander is the only Finland´s national team player who is good enough to play top10 PL team and he is a Centre half.

Ditto for all, except for Kuqi. I would say he was a success from any point of view: very cheap, delivered what was expected, very good goals/salary+transfer fee -ratio and was sold for huge profit. What more can one man do?

Ditto for all, except for Kuqi. I would say he was a success from any point of view: very cheap, delivered what was expected, very good goals/salary+transfer fee -ratio and was sold for huge profit. What more can one man do?

Cracking goal celebration as well

Cracking goal celebration as well

I still don´t get how were we 6th that season? Bellamy missed a lot of games and other strikers were Shefki, Dickov and Sinama Pongolle (just checked he played in 10 match).

Got to admit that Shefki played great for his standard.

The Daily Mail suggests we're looking at Dorin Goian of Palermo - anyone know anything about this guy (Roberto?). Romanian CB, a possible replacement for Samba should he leave and apparently he's scored a few goals too! Think he's been linked with Sunderland not so long ago...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1349078/Blackburn-cancel-Pascal-Chimbondas-contract-eye-Juan-Roman-Riquelme.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Good to see we 'may' have a backup plan should the worst happen... Although, would rather he signs the contract and stays...!

I agree Samba has been great for us whilst he has been at Rovers, is useful at set plays and great in the air, however, if we got a top offer, I would sell, I have seen recently, opponents putting him under pressure on the floor and he is not comfortable on the ball at all, maybe wait till the summer and then sell, Jones will be back and he simply must play as CB, he is going to be mint and a tremendous asset to Rovers.

I agree Samba has been great for us whilst he has been at Rovers, is useful at set plays and great in the air, however, if we got a top offer, I would sell, I have seen recently, opponents putting him under pressure on the floor and he is not comfortable on the ball at all, maybe wait till the summer and then sell, Jones will be back and he simply must play as CB, he is going to be mint and a tremendous asset to Rovers.

I personally agree with you Kelbo, Samba has been great for us, BUT he isn't confident on the ball at all. Slighest bit of pressure and he hooves it up the pitch :s tbh I'd much rather get 12M for him and look at getting a proven solid CB in the summer someone like Hangeland (obv he probs wouldn't leave Fulham). Someone like Collins from AV wouldn't be bad either, would be fairly cheap too (not the best season to talk about Villa players I know, but he's proven last season he's a solid player).

I personally agree with you Kelbo, Samba has been great for us, BUT he isn't confident on the ball at all. Slighest bit of pressure and he hooves it up the pitch :s tbh I'd much rather get 12M for him and look at getting a proven solid CB in the summer someone like Hangeland (obv he probs wouldn't leave Fulham). Someone like Collins from AV wouldn't be bad either, would be fairly cheap too (not the best season to talk about Villa players I know, but he's proven last season he's a solid player).

Samba and Jones will be a superb defensive pair for us next season. It´s all about getting improvements now, not selling best players. Nicko had a fair point I think. Rovers value Samba worth for £10M so maybe he has earned a pay rise.

Samba and Jones will be a superb defensive pair for us next season. It´s all about getting improvements now, not selling best players. Nicko had a fair point I think. Rovers value Samba worth for £10M so maybe he has earned a pay rise.

What's with everyone now slagging off Samba? Two weeks ago this board was in turmoil (slight hyperbole there) because of the slightest hint of a sale. Now he's possibly signing a new contract and the general consensus seems to be 'get rid'.

I personally agree with you Kelbo, Samba has been great for us, BUT he isn't confident on the ball at all. Slighest bit of pressure and he hooves it up the pitch :s

Really? Samba has always struck me as being good on the ball and at times to over confident. The times where he seems to mess up is because he has taken too long on the ball. He often runs with the ball up the pitch and I thought he was good in front of goal with the ball at his feet.

Larsen has put in a transfer request.

I think that was reported yesterday after they rejected our bid.

What's with everyone now slagging off Samba? Two weeks ago this board was in turmoil (slight hyperbole there) because of the slightest hint of a sale. Now he's possibly signing a new contract and the general consensus seems to be 'get rid'.

Don't think anyone is slagging him off just saying about cashing in on him. I agree with Samba/Jones a nice pairing, but like I said earlier I'm not convinced with him on the ground and could get 10-12M think we could get better to partner Jones.

Archived