BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 5

Linked with a move for young Aberdeen striker Chris Maguire -

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11676_6686779,00.html

His goal scoring record is awful. Scores .12 goals a game in scotland, so basically 1 goal in 10 games. Soccerbase I know he is young but you would surely expect a better record than that if the kid had a lot of talent.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol yeah heard about that shot when I asked a scot friend of mine.. cant say I am impressed with his stats as a striker though.. 16 in 130 games in scotish prem

My only worry with Formica is why are no real big clubs after him..

Because if there was, we wouldn't :P

Don't players loose out on a fair bit if they hand in transfer requests? And dont players get end of season bonuses?

So if Birmingham keep him they will have too pay his wages too end of season, pay his end of season money and get nothing in terms of transfer money..

Birmingham must either see us as a threat too them in terms of league position money or just be pretty darn angry not too accept a decent bid before end of window, hell its not like he is a player kicking up a fuss with years left on his contract.

Has there not been speculation that Larsson turned down moves to both Newcastle & Sunderland who'd agreed a sizeable fee with Brum ? Then he's supposed to be staying @ Brum until the end of the season when he can then move for free and then along come Rovers with a 'cheeky' bid. Brum could be a tad upset! The vagaries of the transfer world circus!

His goal scoring record is awful. Scores .12 goals a game in scotland, so basically 1 goal in 10 games. Soccerbase I know he is young but you would surely expect a better record than that if the kid had a lot of talent.

Exactly. Why would we want a player seemingly inferior to Blackman given their relative scoring records in the SPL.

Is there any forward momentum on the Rochina, Larsson and Formica fronts or are they at a standstill or in reverse?

Rochina will happen - just a matter of when and how much.

Larsson is almost identical.

Formica is complicated because of how it is set up. Still not sure why it is being done like this. I am sure it will come out in the wash.

Formica is complicated because of how it is set up. Still not sure why it is being done like this. I am sure it will come out in the wash.

Educated guess Nicko, what do you think these Barca boys are going to be looking for in wages?.

Did you say your "Barca contact" hadn't heard anything about V. Vasquez at all?

Nothing on Vazquez though???

It's funny how he's been linked to us by certain parts of the media, but you haven't said much on him.

I'm inclined to think that due to your not saying much it's not happening, can you clarify that though?

Cheers in advance Nicko.

• Backroom

I thought it was now looking like Formica would be permanent to us if anything.

Regardless if we could add Larsson and Rochina it's been a good window.

Any news on the other player signing a new contract today? Hope it's Hoilett

I thought it was now looking like Formica would be permanent to us if anything.

Regardless if we could add Larsson and Rochina it's been a good window.

Any news on the other player signing a new contract today? Hope it's Hoilett

My bet is on Salgado

Unbelievable. He really can't be arsed, but still waltzes into abother job. Sickening, really.

With Warnock as manager and all those twitter muppets, they deserve each other, and as long as the lazy person is far away from our club then fine by me, hope you didn't smack your arse on the door on the way out you flake.

What happens is they are playing him out of position? What about midfield, I'm told he can retain posession, pick a pass, has a bit of speed and can obviously score? Just a thought?

So is it actually going to be a situation where Red Star Belgrade buy him and then we loan him from them? Is that we a view to us buying him, or is it just totally pointless for us?

What happens is they are playing him out of position? What about midfield, I'm told he can retain posession, pick a pass, has a bit of speed and can obviously score? Just a thought?

It's not that obvious to me.

You think he's being played out of position as a striker, or are you suggestion he's being played out of position as a midfielder?

Do you know that or is that a guess?

Given his height and weight you would expect him to be fast because he isn't going to win a physical battle. Is it Matt Derbyshire syndrome?

It is just a worry for a talented 22 year old playing in a really poor league to be scoring a goal every 10 games, even Steady would do better IMO.

i dnt see the idea of red star buying him. to buy a serbian, you still have to go through work permit issues. i cant see us using the "great talent" loop hole, due to him being 22, those regulations only really work for 16-19 year olds i belive. My opinion is, after the Tevez - Mascherano saga, the premier league put in place a rule forbidding teams from buying from 3 partys that are agency companys. Maybe the rules are less strict in serbia, allowing Red Star to purchase formica outright, loan him to us, before we buy him in the summer giving back red star the money they used.

just a theory, proberly way off the track, but a theory none the less.

:blink: I would be amazed if we got Benni McDonalds back. Amazed and very angry :rolleyes:

I'd wager the hammers will not have paid for him yet so it ... fits the bill.

Great and entertaining footballer... fits the bill.

Couldn't get on with Allardyce...... fits the bill.

Ageing marquee signing whose best day are behind him... fits the bill.

And if they open a Venkeys in Blackburn the Rao's will get all his wages back!

I think this is a goer!

I think this is a goer!

Marquee signing...... how? :rover:

I think this is a goer!

One of the above should be in the past tense.

We could fund next years transfers on the amount of money they would make - they seem to know what they are doing.

We shipped Mr. Bonda out so we might as well offset our lazy, overpaid, huff-monster department.

The Daily Mail suggests we're looking at Dorin Goian of Palermo - anyone know anything about this guy (Roberto?).

Snowed under with Roma takeover,but ain't heard anything coming out of Italy on Goian,wasn't in any of todays Italian papers.

Guy is very average and knocking on,so doesn't fit with your owners version,so doubt it's true.Will keep ears open though.

Archived