BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 5

A Liverpool spokesman said last night: “Chelsea made a bid for Torres but it has been turned down.”

A non-story then after all that build up.

By the way is it pronounced...

Fooor-mike-a

Foor-meek-a

Formaka

or none of the above?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bye bye Hughesy

I was talking about a deal & the price of it...unlike some that just troll about venkys wealth and how we spend zilch etc....It is relevant.

Dorrans is junk - glad about that - not worth £5m at the moment, never mind £8m.

Fooor-mike-a

Foor-meek-a

Formaka

or none of the above?

I have been pronouncing it as

foor-miicha

the CH sound being similar to the CH sound in words such as 'chance'.

I suppose I am totally wrong.. but my suggestion sounds cool though :D

I think you'll find that the bid in question is from last night, and 'just' 35 million pounds.

It kinda makes sense for Liverpool to sell if you ask me. Charlie Adam, Luis Suarez+another top striker, a class defender or two, and perhaps a winger.

anyway, I'm excited to hear of Formica joining, can't wait for it to be announced officially to be honest. 22, creative, and this after seeing Jones perform well already. Onwards and upwards!

Fooor-mike-a

Foor-meek-a

Formaka

or none of the above?

Going off how I've heard Argentinian football commentators pronounce it... The correct way to say his name is

MA-OO-RO FOR-MEE-KAA

(Mauro) (Formica)

This also sits with the way Spanish people pronounce WI-FI (as in wireless internet), they pronounce it... WEE-FEE.

Funny bunch... anyway, I hope we've finally got him & he's not as lazy as he looks on the videos I've seen of him!!!

I think you'll find that the bid in question is from last night, and 'just' 35 million pounds.

It kinda makes sense for Liverpool to sell if you ask me. Charlie Adam, Luis Suarez+another top striker, a class defender or two, and perhaps a winger.

The major problem is that most teams will only sell for a lot of money, specially after they know that Liverpool has it. Most teams are not willing to sell their star players in January.

But, of course, they can come and buy some of Rovers star players:

Midfielder - Andrews

Strikers - Roberts and Benjani

Defenders - Zurab

Winger - Rigters or EH Diouf :rover:

ah, that makes sense, thanks :)

I doubt you would sign a pre-contract for training.

We pay a compensation fee to Barca as he is under 22 and his contract expires in the summer for his training cost to date, IE. 1m we sign him and if we decide to sell later they get first refusal.

I was talking about a deal & the price of it...unlike some that just troll about venkys wealth and how we spend zilch etc....It is relevant.

So the "roll eyes" emoticon was a mistake and not trolling then?

I doubt you would sign a pre-contract for training.

We pay a compensation fee to Barca as he is under 22 and his contract expires in the summer for his training cost to date, IE. 1m we sign him and if we decide to sell later they get first refusal.

Isn't a pre-contract normally the one you sign when you only have 6 months left but you stay at your current club and join the other one at the end of the 6 months?

Going off how I've heard Argentinian football commentators pronounce it... The correct way to say his name is

MA-OO-RO FOR-MEE-KAA

(Mauro) (Formica)

This also sits with the way Spanish people pronounce WI-FI (as in wireless internet), they pronounce it... WEE-FEE.

Funny bunch... anyway, I hope we've finally got him & he's not as lazy as he looks on the videos I've seen of him!!!

'Laminado' is much easier and fits in well with ...... There's only one .......:)

Formica IS here...wonder how he is going to get round the passport problem.

Still, it's a decent result if it is sorted out.

Maybe things have changed since I have been gone but if he has no passport how did he GET there? Or have a missed something in me hurry to catch up on umpteen pages in five minutes

Maybe things have changed since I have been gone but if he has no passport how did he GET there? Or have a missed something in me hurry to catch up on umpteen pages in five minutes

It's his Italian passport he needs to renew. Presumably he got to England with his Argentinian one.

TREZEGUET...he was looked at in Sam's time, but he didn't want to come...I would doubt that one...

FORMICA...definitely still alive...but many complications...including new ones.

ROCHINA...seems to be close...but we have been saying that for a wee time.

RONIELE...over here...no idea how he can get in the country for keeps.

LARSSSON...surely that one can't slip by...could it?

Thanks, Nicko. Your information and insight is greatly appreciated.

Just noticed this on twitter from 2 hrs ago

Mauro Formica se esta haciendo al revision medica en Blackburn Rovers en este momento. El contrato que le ofrecen es mejor que el de Monaco

Basically says he's undergoing his medical now & the contract offer is better than Monaco's.

Excellent. B) The owners come through with an outright buy, and its a young talent. Better than we could have expected under the Trust. Reason to be hopeful that they will take the club up, not down. :tu:

If you end up with Roque [loan], Jones [loan], Formica [buy], Rochina [buy] and this Brazilian kid Roniele [buy] it would be a very healthy window.

Again, great news. Would be our most positive transfer window in years. We might even be able to hold onto 7th to 10th on the league table.

And Roniele is here, per Nicko and now Sky. http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6704657,00.html

Salgado signed extension until end of next season, just on sky. Good news in my opinion

Official site

This makes me very happy. I can add to my Salgado shirt collection. :rover:

Real Madrid uses the buy back option often.

They did it when Benfica bought Rodrigo, that is currently playing for Bolton on loan.

The buy back option is double from what they received for him, if I'm not mistaken.

Seems reasonable to me. For a cut rate, reasonable price, we get a Barca B team player, viewed as a potential A team player, which improves the quality of our squad and get some financial reimbursement from him at the end of the day. If 50% "improve", we should break even. If more than 50% improve, we turn a profit.

The future is looking bright. :)

LT reporting, that we are close to signing Formica. Deal should be done in next couple of days. He was already pictured in a Monaco shirt having passed a medical, but as we know, financial problems scuppered the deal. Excited about this signing.

Think we should go for a a 4-5-1 formation, with Formica behind Roque.

Robbo

Salgado Samba Nelsen Givet

Jones

Hoilett MGP Olsson

Formica

Santa Cruz

Real Madrid uses the buy back option often.

They did it when Benfica bought Rodrigo, that is currently playing for Bolton on loan.

The buy back option is double from what they received for him, if I'm not mistaken.

It seems Barça want to do the same.

United has also used it, at the very least they have a buy back option on Rossi, but wouldn't be surprised if they have others.

LT reporting, that we are close to signing Formica. Deal should be done in next couple of days. He was already pictured in a Monaco shirt having passed a medical, but as we know, financial problems scuppered the deal. Excited about this signing.

Think we should go for a a 4-5-1 formation, with Formica behind Roque.

Robbo

Salgado Samba Nelsen Givet

Jones

Hoilett MGP Olsson

Formica

Santa Cruz

Would rather drop Pedersen from that central midfield role, , not good enough and last weeks performance was dreadful, he needs a kick up the ar*e

let Formica play attacking midfield same as dunny was, but with 2 up top, kalinic / diouf (M) and RSC

What a load of rubbish that Dorrans to Rovers story for £8M must be. Where do they get these stories from? I can't see any reason why that would be likely to happen, or any reason why anyone from our end would want it to. Decent player yes but £8M, you must be joking. Probably shows why it's never a good idea to try and buy people in january, I'm sure he's go for about £1M at the end of the season.

Archived