BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ali Syed to buy Racing Santander

I see Adrian Goldberg had yet another pop at Syed yesterday. That guy and the people who put him up to it will not be very popular with Rovers fans come the beginning of September this year.

All the deluded ones certainly.

I prefer being run by an international conglomerate than I would the secret billionaire. It doesn't matter how much he spends at Racing only what state the club gets left in.

Is Syed still paying you?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see Adrian Goldberg had yet another pop at Syed yesterday. That guy and the people who put him up to it will not be very popular with Rovers fans come the beginning of September this year.

Yet another cryptic message with absolutely no content to it!

I wasn't aware that in addition to all your other talents,you now have the ability to see into the future Philip..

I'm going to take your rumblings with a large pinch of salt as,at presnt,I'm perfectly happy with how things are going.

BREAKING TRANSFER NEWS

And no, it doesn't involve Fernando Torres ... this time... it concerns Birmingham City fans. Racing Santander's new owner Ahsan Ali Syed says a deal has been reached to bring back Serbian striker Nikola Zigic from Birmingham, report AP.

Did we back the wrong horse?

The point being that he seems to be proving from the off that he has the money.

We haven't actually signed anyone yet!

He's signed Zigic. Zigic is a shocking football player. If Venky's had bought Zigic for us I'd be livid. No loss at all.

I feel far more secure as we are now then if Syed had come in. And that's regardless of how much cash he might flash around in Spain.

He's signed zigic? What on earth are you guys on about?? Its clearly the manager of Santander who wants Zigic, syed is backing him with the funds to do so.

Unless we had Santanders manager, I really can't see how them signing Zigic, means we would of!!

He's signed zigic? What on earth are you guys on about?? Its clearly the manager of Santander who wants Zigic, syed is backing him with the funds to do so.

Unless we had Santanders manager, I really can't see how them signing Zigic, means we would of!!

Thank you.

I'm not saying Venkys won't be a success. In fact, very much hoping they will be. However, Syed has proved immediately that he has the funds, and is willing to back the manager (despite him wanting a player like Zigic).

• Backroom

BREAKING TRANSFER NEWS

And no, it doesn't involve Fernando Torres ... this time... it concerns Birmingham City fans. Racing Santander's new owner Ahsan Ali Syed says a deal has been reached to bring back Serbian striker Nikola Zigic from Birmingham, report AP.

Do you think we decided to sell to people with less money (allegedly) for no reason and without researching all parties?

There was obviously a reason we didn't sell to Syed.

BREAKING TRANSFER NEWS

Isn't he going on loan, though?

• Backroom

Thank you.

I'm not saying Venkys won't be a success. In fact, very much hoping they will be. However, Syed has proved immediately that he has the funds, and is willing to back the manager (despite him wanting a player like Zigic).

He hasn't necessarily proved he has the funds, he's just proven he has the ability to raise cash to buy a player. It remains to be seen whether or not he can invest regularly and keep Racing Santander financially healthy.

Just another reason why Rothchilds were right to have their reservations. I dont care if he has more money than Venkys, I dont want an owner who could out of the blue have all his assests frozen and placed under investigation.

Judging by his latest tweet, dont think Zigic is too kean on Birmingham:

http://twitter.com/nikolazigic

Hmm I think you would have to be quite gullible to believe that is actually him.

Archived