BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gray and Keys

Tom

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing as Andy Gray is sueing his employers' (erstwhile) largest single shareholder over the phone tapping, the campaign to get him ousted makes a bit more sense.

However, his behaviour in the studio and on air makes no sense beyond being an invitation to get himself sacked.

Gotta feel sorry for the poor lino girl in all this. She`s done nothing wrong & actually had a decent game.

Now she`s at the centre of a major scandal about sexism on TV & in football as a whole.

Her life will never be the same again.

Andy Gray has obviously made a few enemies within the Sky sports family & somebody has taken great pleasure in releasing the recording of him & Keys. Basically Andy Gray has been shafted by a disgruntled colleague.

I`m not defending or justifying his comments at all. He`s a fool to have been so careless.

:lol:

Massey has been removed from running the line in tonights Crewe Bradford game.

Mountains and molehills spring to mind.

No she hasn't - she has removed herself, which given that she would have had all the media with their cameras on her all game seems entirely sensible to me. And how anyone who has seen the new video can argue that Gray does not deserve to be sacked is beyond me.

No she hasn't - she has removed herself, which given that she would have had all the media with their cameras on her all game seems entirely sensible to me. And how anyone who has seen the new video can argue that Gray does not deserve to be sacked is beyond me.

From the BBC

Massey, meanwhile, has been withdrawn from her duties as an assistant referee for Tuesday's League Two game between Crewe and Bradford.

Suggesting someone has removed her from the game and not herself.

From the BBC

Suggesting someone has removed her from the game and not herself.

Maybe so - 5Live reported it as her withdrawing herself. Either way I do think it's better for her if she isn't exposed to the full glare of the media tonight - every decision would have been pored over and she has done nothing to deserve that.

When I was stewarding in the old access tunnel between the Darwen End and the Nuttal St Stand 20 years ago Andy Gray came past with Keyes and someone asked them for a charity donation. Keyes put his hand in his pocket but Gray said "I only have a £50 note". Stingy git

He looked around sharpish when walking away though when I said "Scotch C***" just loud enough for him to hear.

What goes around comes around. Took 20 years though :blink:

• Backroom

Gotta feel sorry for the poor lino girl in all this. She`s done nothing wrong & actually had a decent game.

Now she`s at the centre of a major scandal about sexism on TV & in football as a whole.

Her life will never be the same again.

I agree with this she did decent and now will be in the spotlight for the wrong reasons.

And to those saying he's been stitched up, just how exactly? Did someone do an Andy Gray impression and say it? Otherwise he is in the wrong pretty clearly.

I think Gray was the best pundit on TV and loved his live match input.

However, it's now clear that Saturday was not an isolated incident and in modern day society, you pay the price. The female presenter reacted superbly and kept her cool - I've seen many file successfully for sexual harassment for much less.

Very sad. IMO, Gray is now unemployable within the media (look what happened to Big Ron).

I've no doubt that going forward we will see a far more humble Richard Keys. A little humility goes a long way no matter who you are.

And to those saying he's been stitched up, just how exactly? Did someone do an Andy Gray impression and say it? Otherwise he is in the wrong pretty clearly.

The previous video wasn't a problem at the time but yet suddenly it comes to light.

His off air comments were recorded, why?

The private chat to Burton on the sideline is also recorded, why?

It's just all a bit strange, especially given he is sueing his boss. I'm sure there are plenty of presenters that have said things they shouldn't have off air.

He couldn't have been stitched up if he didn't say sexist stuff though it's his own fault.

A sacking is harsh though

Sky are ensuring that they don't get any backlash from the wider world by ensuring that they are seen to be a responsible and just organisation. It's corporate image could have been shot to pieces if they hadn't have acted so decisively.

The previous video wasn't a problem at the time but yet suddenly it comes to light.

His off air comments were recorded, why?

The private chat to Burton on the sideline is also recorded, why?

It's just all a bit strange, especially given he is sueing his boss. I'm sure there are plenty of presenters that have said things they shouldn't have off air.

It's protocol that all studio based broadcasts are recorded...off air as well as on-air

I think Gray was the best pundit on TV and loved his live match input.

However, it's now clear that Saturday was not an isolated incident and in modern day society, you pay the price. The female presenter reacted superbly and kept her cool - I've seen many file successfully for sexual harassment for much less.

Very sad. IMO, Gray is now unemployable within the media (look what happened to Big Ron).

I've no doubt that going forward we will see a far more humble Richard Keys. A little humility goes a long way no matter who you are.

Sorry mate, he must have been the worst pundit on tv bar C Tyldesley (sp).

Archived