BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Aston Villa FA Cup game

philipl

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Young will start still, A.Young rarely gets dropped for any matches. I think it'll be him and Heskey up top, A.Young just in behind as we have done recently.

As for Houllier comments on squad rotation, I think backline remains the same just Clark and Walker coming back in at full back, the one surprise I kind of expect is I think Chris Herd will start, he's highly rated by the management and hasn't had a start yet, so he might start in midfield, then it'll be the usual Albrightons, Downings and new boy Makoun.

It should be a good game. Albeit one that's been played too much.

Really hope we win. I hate Villa. My friend's a Villa fan and i've tried to like them because he's an honorary Rover's fan...but I can't. If anything it makes me dislike them more. He was at Rovers to watch the Villa game (which we won) and heard some Brum shouting for 'Youngy' to kick someone's 'jeffing' head in while they were on the floor (obviously he didn't say 'jeffing'). Be nice to silence that intellectually depleted chap again.

Really hope we win. I hate Villa. My friend's a Villa fan and i've tried to like them because he's an honorary Rover's fan...but I can't. If anything it makes me dislike them more. He was at Rovers to watch the Villa game (which we won) and heard some Brum shouting for 'Youngy' to kick someone's 'jeffing' head in while they were on the floor (obviously he didn't say 'jeffing'). Be nice to silence that intellectually depleted chap again.

I know, I feel bad for hating Villa when he likes Rovers. He even sat next to me for the last 8 home games when I was given use of a friend of the family's spare season ticket. It was good to be able to have proper discussions with him which you can't with fans of other clubs who haven't seen us play and just believe what the press say. He did understand the problem with having Allardyce as manager however, and dislikes him as much as I do.

Given that they may be fielding an under strength team I'll go 1-2.

I know, I feel bad for hating Villa when he likes Rovers. He even sat next to me for the last 8 home games when I was given use of a friend of the family's spare season ticket. It was good to be able to have proper discussions with him which you can't with fans of other clubs who haven't seen us play and just believe what the press say. He did understand the problem with having Allardyce as manager however, and dislikes him as much as I do.

Given that they may be fielding an under strength team I'll go 1-2.

He'll be hating us for this game so I think my feelings are warranted for this weekend. 3 - 0 Rovers. I'm always too optimistic.

Aston Villa v Blackburn (1300 GMT)

Aston Villa are starting to gain a bit of momentum now, with two consecutive wins in the Premier League, against Manchester City and Wigan, and plenty of competition for places too.

Darren Bent is cup-tied for this one but Villa boss Gerard Houllier has plenty of other match-winners fit and firing on all cylinders again.

Blackburn cruised past West Brom in their last league game, but I think Villa will cause them all sorts of problems.

Prediction: 2-0

From the Preston tramp.

• Backroom

All getting dangerously optimistic on here!

I predict a 3-0 Villa win and a understrength Rovers team, as much as I'd love a cup run I wont lose any sleep over it.

I think Hanley may play and I'm not overly impressed with him so far.

I'd also be tempted to rest Hoilett for Wednesdays more important game, but thats just me.

Aston Villa v Blackburn (1300 GMT)

Aston Villa are starting to gain a bit of momentum now, with two consecutive wins in the Premier League, against Manchester City and Wigan, and plenty of competition for places too.

Darren Bent is cup-tied for this one but Villa boss Gerard Houllier has plenty of other match-winners fit and firing on all cylinders again.

Blackburn cruised past West Brom in their last league game, but I think Villa will cause them all sorts of problems.

Prediction: 2-0

From the Preston tramp.

That's a relief. A win is now in the bag. :)

Ryan Nelson is not available. http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Aston-Villa-Blackburn-team-news-Nelsen-knee-still-out-Nzonzi-could-start-Andrews-Grella-in-squad-article684029.html

Heskey to start against us. http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Aston-Villa-Blackburn-team-news-Heskey-replaces-cup-tied-Bent-Clark-Delph-Walker-available-Ireland-knee-Luke-Young-knee-both-out-article684103.html

• Backroom

Funny how we always criticise Lawro but often when he predicts us to win we do and when he predicts us to lose we do, all in good humour though.

Villa should be scared of facing us tbh... Weve been the better form side over the last month or so.

We have got to exploit the LB area of the Villa side as clark is expected to play there and it isnt his natural position and hoilett running at pace and getting at him could bring out a weakness.

Pace and movment upfront will see Dunne and Collins bambuzzled... fine centre halfs they are, i've seen buses turn quicker. A game for Kalinic like WBA Part 1.

Be intresting how they approach upfront Heskey depending on his mood is an aerial threat but i've got complete confidence in Samba having him in his back pocket... Bents poaching will have to be watched as long as we dont give anything away in our box like losing a second ball or robbo palming things out im reasonably confident Bent would be quiet... although think he might be ineligeble.

Agbonlahor is just pace but im sure with a high line ... we will catch him out.

Cuellar plays Rb normally but hes normally a centre half and an awesome one at that... Sluggish at RB I'd have Olsson on him from the 1st minute.

2-0 Rovers.

kalinic and olsson

Archived