BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Aston Villa FA Cup game

philipl

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got our tickets, we've sold 600 so far.

A bit disappointing. Would have been nice to have seen a 2 or 3 before the 6!!!

Nevermind, I'm sure those of us there will see an excellent win and performance. I like my 66/1 for us to win the bloody thing.

Villa should be scared of facing us tbh... Weve been the better form side over the last month or so.

We have got to exploit the LB area of the Villa side as clark is expected to play there and it isnt his natural position and hoilett running at pace and getting at him could bring out a weakness.

Pace and movment upfront will see Dunne and Collins bambuzzled... fine centre halfs they are, i've seen buses turn quicker. A game for Kalinic like WBA Part 1.

Be intresting how they approach upfront Heskey depending on his mood is an aerial threat but i've got complete confidence in Samba having him in his back pocket... Bents poaching will have to be watched as long as we dont give anything away in our box like losing a second ball or robbo palming things out im reasonably confident Bent would be quiet... although think he might be ineligeble.

Agbonlahor is just pace but im sure with a high line ... we will catch him out.

Cuellar plays Rb normally but hes normally a centre half and an awesome one at that... Sluggish at RB I'd have Olsson on him from the 1st minute.

2-0 Rovers.

kalinic and olsson

Yeah, I think we'll be able to keep Bent reasonably quiet as well. Word is he's already played for Sunderland so he's cup tied and will be watching from the stands ! Is that quiet enough.

Yeah, I think we'll be able to keep Bent reasonably quiet as well. Word is he's already played for Sunderland so he's cup tied and will be watching from the stands ! Is that quiet enough.

Sorry Shoelaces! I was unsure about him.

Quietly confident about this one!

Do they serve alcohol to away supporters at Villa Park guys? Reading footballgroundguide.co.uk it would appear not and I havent been there for years. On the scoreline a think 1 1

COYB

No they dont.

Funny how we always criticise Lawro but often when he predicts us to win we do and when he predicts us to lose we do, all in good humour though.

Really? Always thought his predictions were shockingly bad. Infamously so.

Nice preview Phillip.

I think both Darren & Marcus Bent will score unless either one of them is cup-tied.

Was that a joke? Marcus Bent is even less likely to play than Darren Bent, and that's impressive. Unless there's another Marcus Bent, Marcus doesn't even play for Villa.

Believe Givet is out injured (groin) also Dunny and Nelson,but still expect Keen to play a strong side.....

Bad news.... Could this be the team?

-----------------Cruz----MB Diouf

------Pedersen--------------------Hoilett

----------------Nzonzi----Jones

Olsson-------Samba------Hanley---Salgado

---------------------Robinson

Frankly we look very defensively weak.

Bad news.... Could this be the team?

-----------------Cruz----MB Diouf

------Pedersen--------------------Hoilett

----------------Nzonzi----Jones

Olsson-------Samba------Hanley---Salgado

---------------------Robinson

Frankly we look very defensively weak.

Jones will need to have a solid game as it could be a real battle with Makoun in the middle. Without Dunny in the side and no Formica yet we will be looking for Olsson and Hoilett again to create something. Pedersen might from set pieces, but from open play he doesn't create much and if he plays like he did in the last few games (giving away possession in key areas on a number of ocassions) then we could be in for a long afternoon.

Jones will need to have a solid game as it could be a real battle with Makoun in the middle. Without Dunny in the side and no Formica yet we will be looking for Olsson and Hoilett again to create something. Pedersen might from set pieces, but from open play he doesn't create much and if he plays like he did in the last few games (giving away possession in key areas on a number of ocassions) then we could be in for a long afternoon.

To be frank, whilst I'd love to win and to go as far as possible in the cup, as soon as we got Villa i mentally wrote this one off. I think we're in for a hard afternoon whatever team we play just because that seems to be the way it is with Villa in the cup. We're due a win against them but I can't see it happening. Didn't i read on SSN that Makoun was a doubt?

ROVERS: Robinson, Salgado, Samba ©, Hanley, Olsson, Hoilett, Nzonzi, Andrews, Pedersen, Roque Santa Cruz, Roberts.

Subs: Bunn (GK), Jones, Kalinic, EH Diouf, Grella, Benjani, Lowe.

Nooooooooooooo........the pointers back!!

Not bad apart from the central midfielders and not sure what Roberts has done to earn a start

Andrews rides again! Christ, he never backs down does he.

Why is Jones not playing? He seems crucial for us.

Roberts is okay in my eyes. Can't be any worse than Kalinic and I think he will compliment Cruz well. What has happened to MB Diouf?

Archived