BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Vs Blackburn Rovers

But as they do it they all sing 'Lets all do the poznan', so it technically is. They got it off Lech after playing them in Europe. If we started doing it, it would just be mind boggling and the majority wouldn't join in.

Plus, I'd much rather watch the match than face the other way, imagine it at Bolton this year - loads of p1ssed up chavs are bouncing the wrong way, they score and the Rovers fans are too busy facing the back of the stand to know :unsure:

Fair point!!! :brfcsmilie:

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tickets in the wigan end from the ticket office on morning of the game , they wont even ask questions if they do give them a wigan postcode WN....not a problem

They will if the local rag is anything to go by and recent games - looks like the postcode will not be enough.

Strange why they are leaving empty seats given that they know if there is demand , opposition fans will get hold of tickets - as there will be empty seats in the home ends.

They will if the local rag is anything to go by and recent games - looks like the postcode will not be enough.

Strange why they are leaving empty seats given that they know if there is demand , opposition fans will get hold of tickets - as there will be empty seats in the home ends.

This is true. My mate recently went to the Arsenal game at the JJB, and queued for ages only to be told that he couldn't get a ticket as he wasn't on the database. This despite the fact that he had a Preston postcode and there were 1000's of empty seats. He just got the person next in the queue to buy a few extra tickets.

Personally I would put Pedersen at full back and leave Ollson on the wing.

To be honest - against WBA - MGP spent most of his time covering for Olsson's runs up field. It was possibly the only good thing MGP did in that match (not one of his best).

In some ways Olsson is better coming from deep - as he is able to run onto the ball.

Gotta say - Kean does seem to have got the best out of Olsson and Hoilett so far. If he can just get Kalanic operating at the same confidence levels we may be in with a chance.

• Backroom

I'd go with:

Andrews

Andrews Andrews Andrews Andrews

Andrews Roberts

Failing that:

Robbo

Salgado Nelsen Samba Olsson

Hoilett Dunn Jones Pedersen

Diouf Kalinic

I'd also like to see either Rochina or Formica on the bench, we can name 7 now so why not put one on there for a different option for the last 10 minutes maybe.

Tougher game than it looks though as it's vital to them really.

I'd go with:

Andrews

Andrews Roberts

Failing that:

Robbo

Salgado Nelsen Samba Olsson

Hoilett Dunn Jones Pedersen

Diouf Kalinic

I'd also like to see either Rochina or Formica on the bench, we can name 7 now so why not put one on there for a different option for the last 10 minutes maybe.

Tougher game than it looks though as it's vital to them really.

It dosent look like Formica or Rochina are going to be involved tomorrow

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~2285152,00.html

To be honest - against WBA - MGP spent most of his time covering for Olsson's runs up field. It was possibly the only good thing MGP did in that match (not one of his best).

In some ways Olsson is better coming from deep - as he is able to run onto the ball.

Gotta say - Kean does seem to have got the best out of Olsson and Hoilett so far. If he can just get Kalanic operating at the same confidence levels we may be in with a chance.

Nah, Olsson is better when he doesn't have to run 30 yards to have an impact on the attack. Get him in midfield and let him run at the full back.

Admittedly if Givet is injured then that isn't going to happen, but putting him at FB nullifies him quite a lot.

Givet, Rocky and Phil Jones the only injuries for Saturday.

Has to be

Robbo

Salgado Samba Nelsen Ollson

Junior Jones Dunn Pedersen

Diouf Kalinic

Would love to see Formica and Rochina on the bench but looks unlikely.

swap peds and ollson, peds offers nothing going forward and all ollsons good points are when he is attacking........front 2 does look crap what would be the harm in throwing formica and rochina upfront

As I mentioned earlier it should be a 3 pointer no real strength in the Wigan squad and Rovers are starting to become a real force both home and away!

I know this is slightly off topic but next year I want to go to every away and cup game, I know the aqueduct used to run coaches to most away games but since I moved to Barlick I dont get chance to get down much. Does anyone know any pubs or anything that go to every game?

There are no guaranteed points in the Premiership, especially with Rovers reputation for aiding the underdogs.

With two teams playing open, expansive football, we could have a real end-to-end affair.

Hopefully, Kean took some mental notes the other night, and will drop both Roberts & Andrews with a vengeance.

Archived