BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs Preview 2-2-2011

colin

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enough, it did look like a penalty to me, having seen it replayed several times afterwards. However, that incident nearly gave me a heart attack :P

Poll mentioned that in his memoirs, said Sheringham was looking directly at him as he went down, so no penalty.

I think I agree with Topman. Salgado done alrite during this seasons trip to WHL and blocked Bale on a few occasions. However, last seasons trip was horrendous for Michel!!

If Bale plays then we will have to counteract his game by playing Emerton or perhaps Olsson at RB. This will be one of the toughest tests at Ewood this season and would be grateful of a draw.

I would drop Niko as we will need a strong forward line to put their defence under pressure and test Gomes/Cudicini.

1-1 Samba

If Bale plays he has the ability to rip any RB apart not just Salgado, just ask Inter currently the Champions League holders. I'd be happy with a draw in this one but there is something about Tottingham that makes me have bad thoughts, l despise them with a passion and l'm not entirely sure why :blink:

Heart says 1-1, head says.... never mind l'll go with my heart in this one :P

I despise 'arry. 2-0 rovers

Why is there so much hatred for Redknapp on here? I've always seen him as a very good manager with a lot of success in the last few years.

I think Salgado did well against both Thomas and Bale, he obviously doesn't have their pace, but he was able to use his intelligence and experience to keep them at bay. I think there's obvious concern when you watch him defend against players like that because he has to be virtually perfect in his defending, but it's not a problem as long as he has Samba covering in behind as well. I think having a more defensive-minded winger to support him would help a lot as well.

A player with tremendous pace and skill can get around any full back, so it's not just about keeping up with Bale, but defending in such a way that limits his options. I think Salgado is capable of that more than most in the Premier League and certainly more capable than anyone else we have that can play right back.

Don't agree with that I'm afraid. As much as people like him I think he is seen as our weak link and clearly struggles against any sort of pace. Agree with your comment about a defence minded right winger being required to play in front of him but surely that nullifies our biggest threat at the moment which is Hoilett on current form. That's why I find extending his contract a bit strange as he'll be on very good money and we really need a quicker right back if Hoilett is going to be starting ahead of Emerton or Diouf... Hoilett playing on the shoulder of the opposition left back is unfortunately at times going to leave Salgado one on one and in most cases against pace.. Thomas ripped him apart on more than a few occasions and didn't have to do a lot to achieve it. Just knocked it past and ran into the space, very similar to Bale and others this year.

Why is there so much hatred for Redknapp on here? I've always seen him as a very good manager with a lot of success in the last few years.

It's a case I think of judging a book by it's cover. He seems a nice guy, bit of a wheeler dealer. Wouldn't hurt a fly.

If you look deeper however, you have the guy who destroyed Portsmouth financially. He also has the RFW trait of using the media to give him an advantage. Like this week it's all over the papers about Robbo going to back to Spurs. Who do we play soon, yep Spurs, 'arry's doing, trying to get an advantage.

Yerra I like him enough saying all that, but now he is at Spurs and they are an awful shower.

This should be a cracking game so would like to see all the local Rovers fans making it to Ewood for this game and back the team to the hilt against what is a very good Tottenham team.

.....and lets 'do em'.

Guest linganzi

Sometimes you have to concede when a team is better than yours, when things are done better, when you have to admire the opposition.

But there is always an exception to the rule a d that is spurs and saggy harry.

Anyone who us suggesting anything other than a rovers win should be ashamed, and those lauding bale, don't come to ewood again

• Backroom

Sadly Spurs are a great team now, can't see us getting anything but a draw would be great 2-1 Spuds for me though.

They are close to Chelsea, United levels now I think.

Guest linganzi

Sadly Spurs are a great team now, can't see us getting anything but a draw would be great 2-1 Spuds for me though.

They are close to Chelsea, United levels now I think.

See above

Don't come , not a problem according to your Mrs! Relax relax just a joke

Archived