BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs Preview 2-2-2011

colin

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After today's result, I guess anything is possible.

However, I do expect 'arry will be having words and Spuds will be very highly motivated on Wednesday night- we could comprehensively mess up their hopes of CL football for them. So I expect Spurs to come out hugely charged up for this one and we will need to be massively more clued up than we were at Villa.

Anyone got any info on Nelsen and Givet's likely availabilities- critical those two play.

Plus who knows what squad additions might be making debuts on both sides.

Supposedly Bassong and Gallas are their only fit defensive options at the moment. I will be absolutely gutted if we dont try and get in behind them on a regular basis. My only concern is that regardless of todays result their midfield is so superior to ours and we may struggle to keep the ball off them.

I haven't a clue how to call this one. Two unpredictable sides.

On balance, providing Nelsen & Givet fit, I fancy Hoilett & Olsson to do quite a bit of damage - both Spurs' fullbacks are suspect when it comes to defending ! That should just about give us the edge providing our manager gets his substitutions right !

Blackburn v Tottenham

Tottenham were a bit of a mess against Fulham in the Cup, and they are struggling for numbers defensively with Michael Dawson suspended after his sending off in that game.

People get carried away when teams go on a good run but you have to remember that they usually go on a bad one too, and Spurs certainly are not having a great time of it at the moment.

At the start of the year people were asking 'can they win the league?' but, in their last five games, their only victory has come against Charlton of League One and now the question is where their next win is going to come from. Blackburn have been doing well recently, and they are a different team at home, so Tottenham might have to wait a little bit longer to turn things around.

Prediction: 1-1

courtesy Lawrenson..

I expect Rochina and Formica to be available for this one, seeing as they signed two days prior to the game? From the bench at best, I'm sure, but I have a decent feeling about these two - and the game.

I'm always concerned about Van der Vaart, Defoe and Lennon, but I think Olsson will cope with Lennon this time around. With Jones in midfield, at least we can hope to contain Modric a little better than last time. Home rule - home win.

Will Formica get the magical number ten, now that El Hadji is heading north? Go on, Mauro, take it!

I'm not certain if it's still in force, but I'm fairly sure there used to be a [Premier League?] rule that only one player could wear a particular shirt number in any one season; and if that player moved on/retired, that shirt number had to remain unused for the rest of the season.

I'm not certain if it's still in force, but I'm fairly sure there used to be a [Premier League?] rule that only one player could wear a particular shirt number in any one season; and if that player moved on/retired, that shirt number had to remain unused for the rest of the season.

I'm sure I've read Carroll is taking Torres number 9. Might be different because EHD is on loan.

Bring on the Spurs!

Finally there is a buzz around Ewood Park again!

Is this as good a game as any for Steve Kean to raise his stock further with the Rovers faithful. After all wasn't it Harry Redknapp who publicly criticised Rovers for sacking big Sam, so what a great time to pay him back with a Blackburn Rovers victory.

Come on Rovers you can do it!

Is this as good a game as any for Steve Kean to raise his stock further with the Rovers faithful. After all wasn't it Harry Redknapp who publicly criticised Rovers for sacking big Sam, so what a great time to pay him back with a Blackburn Rovers victory.

Couldnt agree more JAL.

Hopefully the pianful chicken jokes rolled out by Redknapp will be well and truly rammed back down his big gob come 10.00pm tomorrow. God how I hate the false media darling that he has become.

Sadly for me, working in london this week and so watching it with customers who happens to be Spuds. I will trade a big order for a victory all day, every day.

One Love - BRFC

After this post I'm actually getting really pumped up for the game a day before it starts!

Archived