BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackpool

You pick a 25 man first team squad squad that is registered with the Premier League, but you can't pick who you want from that list?

Ususal double standards.

Exactl;y.

Who are the FA to say who Holloway should select? Disgraceful.

At villa away, its within the rules, but its an abuse of the rules

The result is academic.

how is it an abuse of the rules, you can select who you like!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yet when arsenal or manchester united make 9 or 10 changes it's acceptable.

I just fail to see the sense in asking clubs to submit a squad list if you can't use that squad.

Exactly, Arsenal made 8 changes at Wigan recently, not a word said....

Double standards as usual.

The big clubs could field 2 or 3 top sides each. Holloway was just resting first teamers replaced with second rate reserves. It's an abuse of this squad rule

Absolute rubbish, the big clubs can field better players I agree, but those players are not better than the first team regulars or they’d be first team players, so they’re fielding a weaker squad, same as Blackpool.

Guest linganzi

We would have every right to field that side.

United could do it with

Kuzcack

Brown

O'Shea

Evans

Neville

Fabio

Gibson

Macheda

Obertan

Bebe

Owen

Much weaker side, giving their opponents an advantage they would not normally gain- but are United in their rights to do it? Absolutely. Would they get fined if they did? Not a chance!

I'm not doubting the,right to do it but united would not field that squad, they chop and change and use the rule, not abuse it. All the pool fans I know prior to the fame said it was clear the team fielded was a surrender

Completely disagree with the FA fine, they gave themselves no choice by fining Wolves last year.

The other league managers should get behind Holloway on this and stand up to the FA.

Like others have said - would they have been fined if that last minute winner hadn't gone in? Would Man U get find? Probably not.

I'm not doubting the,right to do it but united would not field that squad, they chop and change and use the rule, not abuse it. All the pool fans I know prior to the fame said it was clear the team fielded was a surrender

The manager, quite rightly, picked a team for a particular game based on what he thought was right for the club. That is what he is paid to do. If Blackpool stay up he will have been justified in his decision.

The rules state that Premier League clubs can nominate a squad of 25 and, together with the younger players, they must pick a team from that squad. That is exactly what Blackpool did. The Premier League have not introduced any rule that states that some players are deemed more important than others within that squad. Blackpool did exactly what the rules state. They picked a team from their 25 man squad. If the fine is upheld it means that nominating a 25 man squad is a pointless exercise.

• Backroom

Completely disagree with the FA fine, they gave themselves no choice by fining Wolves last year.

The other league managers should get behind Holloway on this and stand up to the FA.

Like others have said - would they have been fined if that last minute winner hadn't gone in? Would Man U get find? Probably not.

It was a fine imposed by The Premier League NOT the FA

If rovers lined up

Fielding

Hanley

Gunning

Ramm

Lowe

ChimbondaAndrews

Emerton

Goulion

Benji

Roberts

The result is academic.

We might get fined if Chimbonda plays for us tomorrow. Pretty sure there is a rule against it. :lol:

Other than that, I see nothing wrong with that line up. The keeper, back four and Goulon are the only players not regulars.

Guest linganzi

Haha hilarious. Handing in resignation that you know won't be accepted, like picking a team that you know won't win. What a pantomime

We might get fined if Chimbonda plays for us tomorrow. Pretty sure there is a rule against it. :lol:

Other than that, I see nothing wrong with that line up. The keeper, back four and Goulon are the only players not regulars.

He was with us at the time, its a legitimate team but its deliberately weak. Abuse of a rule

If rovers lined up

Fielding

Hanley

Gunning

Ramm

Lowe

Chimbonda

Andrews

Emerton

Goulion

Benji

Roberts

The result is academic.

We'd only be fielding a max of 10 with that team.

Is Emerton back?

Guest linganzi

We'd only be fielding a max of 10 with that team.

Is Emerton back?

Available at the time.

Everything has to be such a drama with bpool. At the risk of being hollowayesque

They are like the confident girl who got fat and boring and won't shut up

There is a difference though, McCarthy didn't do it under the 25 man restrictions and more importantly their fine was suspended (which basically means they don't have to pay it).

Ah i didn't realise that about the fine being suspended. Yeah there is a 25 man squad restriction but the PL rules for weakened teams still apply. Another big blunder for them especially when they had the chance to change them today. They changed ten players and on paper before the game, which looked like a severely weakened team that Villa should of turned over, and probably would of if they wouldn't have been in such a mess then. The big teams can get away with making changes. Their squads are big and have alot more quality than other PL squads,which still makes them competitive.

Haha hilarious. Handing in resignation that you know won't be accepted, like picking a team that you know won't win. What a pantomime

He was with us at the time, its a legitimate team but its deliberately weak. Abuse of a rule

Arsenal fielded a deliberately weak team (8 changes) and only drew an easily winnable match. Abuse of a rule, as well. Where is their fine?

Arsenal fielded a deliberately weak team (8 changes) and only drew an easily winnable match. Abuse of a rule, as well. Where is their fine?

Unless the gooners were playing a top 5 team then they would still "on paper" look as competitive as the other team, when they make alot of changes. Just curious to Arse anal were playing that day?

The results are academic. I bet there was a dew players in that squad each worth 2 or 3 times the pool first team

That's not the point though. Why is it ok for Arsenal and Man U to play a very weakened team, but not for Blackpool or Wolves?

Archived