BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 6

PART 5 went off topic. Please use this thread for transfer talk only.

Previously in the transfer thread:

Signed: Roque Santa Cruz (6 Month Loan), Jermaine Jones (6 Month Loan)

Players Linked: Charlie Adam, Mauro Formica, Ruben Rochina, Victor Vasquez, Sebastian Larsson, Juan Riquelme, Simon Vukčević and Graham Dorrans.

Summary:

As of Friday 28th January it seems that Mauro Formica is very close to signing. Ruben Rochina is also a possibility. There is an expectation that Rovers will add more players before the transfer window closes on Monday 31st January 2011 at 11pm (GMT).

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sebastian Larsson is said to have turned down the chance to go to Villa, I wonder if we will go back in for him now that Birmingham have gone back on their previous claims that they would keep him til the end of the season rather than cash in on him.

It probably hinges on EHD leaving I'd imagine.

Sebastian Larsson is said to have turned down the chance to go to Villa, I wonder if we will go back in for him now that Birmingham have gone back on their previous claims that they would keep him til the end of the season rather than cash in on him.

It probably hinges on EHD leaving I'd imagine.

I think we will leave it until the summer now, he might as well sit his contract out, we don't need him urgently and could wait.

I wouldn't gve blues any money given the situation.

I am sure I have seen that Larsson wants to come to Rovers..I can understand why they are trying to keep him at the club.

BCFC seem to have some kind of issue with us, they cant seem to understand why someone would leave them to come here. Remeber the whole Savage fiasco? They really didnt want to let him leave to join us.

They are one of those clubs who thinks they are "big"

BCFC seem to have some kind of issue with us, they cant seem to understand why someone would leave them to come here. Remeber the whole Savage fiasco? They really didnt want to let him leave to join us.

Yep, it's amazing that they would allow him to talk to Newcastle but not us, I would say it could go back to the Sav deal but then again, messers Brady, Sullivan and Gold have all left since then.

I also heard that Larsson was actually half way to Blackburn when he was told Birmingham had changed their mind, and he was ordered back.

Charming eh ?

Either that or they have a price they want to get for him, and if they don't get that price they'll keep him until the contract is up. Maybe they feel he is worth the amount of 2 places in the league and would rather hold onto him until summer if they don't get the equivalent fee.

Nah, has to be a conspiracy even though none of the people in charge during the Savage saga are still there....

Either that or they have a price they want to get for him, and if they don't get that price they'll keep him until the contract is up. Maybe they feel he is worth the amount of 2 places in the league and would rather hold onto him until summer if they don't get the equivalent fee.

Nah, has to be a conspiracy even though none of the people in charge during the Savage saga are still there....

yeah was the west ham board of Sullivan, Gold & Bradey back then

Yep, it's amazing that they would allow him to talk to Newcastle but not us, I would say it could go back to the Sav deal but then again, messers Brady, Sullivan and Gold have all left since then.

I also heard that Larsson was actually half way to Blackburn when he was told Birmingham had changed their mind, and he was ordered back.

Charming eh ?

yeah, charming and very petty.

Not sure how much of an improvement Larsson would make to the squad now, bearing in mind who we have and may get in the next three days. Perhaps see whats what in summer?

None of them proven in the Premiership though. Good talents but there is a lot of work to go in to turn them into players who perform week in, week out.

Larsson seems a cert to come in the summer and Diouf will leave, so that gives us added talent, promise and depth. Hoilett will never be a good crosser of a ball, his game will be built around his pace.

Its an impossible task to expect players to perform week in week out, but I know what you mean. Its a calculated risk for sure, but I have been impressed with the choices Kean is making both with signings and how wants the players to play.

I reckon Kean has got Larrsson earmarked as a right back, he has the attacking skills and did he not start off as a full back with arsenal?

Charming eh ?

Newcastle reportedly offered £1,5M for him and we offered £500k. Not that amazing.

I reckon Kean has got Larrsson earmarked as a right back, he has the attacking skills and did he not start off as a full back with arsenal?

A very cheap attaching right back. Who can fill in in midfield as required?

Yes please.

(This Kean guy certainly knows what he is doing, or appears to)

Archived