BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 6

I agree, recent performances have made me believe that we don't need as many signing as previously thought.

You including today's game in that? We've been like a yo yo so far, looking good one week and Ince-like the next. Isn't Kean's record no better than the same amount of the last games Sam was in charge? Two of those games have been against West Brom who haven't beaten us since Souness was in charge.

We have played some nice stuff in parts but a top 10 finish is far from guaranteed unless we can do that on a regular basis and get some consistency.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But that's a false dichotomy, buying/loaning them weren't the only options, what about looking elsewhere? I'm not slating the borrowing of them, just pointing out that they are loans and if the Formica deal were to fall through or squad would be the same (minus a few) come June...THAT'S ALL.

I totally agree with you.

If we don't get a permanent signing it will be a very worrying transfer window. If Venky's idea is to use £5 million per window on short term loans then we'll be in real trouble.

If we don't get a permanent signing it will be a very worrying transfer window. If Venky's idea is to use £5 million per window on short term loans then we'll be in real trouble.

Pre-effing-cisely!

Even more worrying when that £5m includes wages and fees. But I guess we'll just have to wait til the summer now for the Rao boys to flex their supposed big financial muscles, baring a bombshell coming from nowhere in the next two days.

Sunderland replace Bent with Muntari, Sessegnon for 6m and looks like Fuller. Stronger for it?

I don't support Sunderland so couldn't give a proverbial to be honest, although they have Gyan and Wellbeck either of whom I wouldn't mind at Rovers.

Sunderland replace Bent with Muntari, Sessegnon for 6m and looks like Fuller. Stronger for it?

No, but I do like Sessegnon a lot. Very good midfield player. Only question will be if he can handle the faster pace, but he is very comfortable on the ball and can pick a pass.

The two loan we got have strengthed our squad in key areas. OK, they are not perminent deals, but who's to say they won't be in the summer? Add to that the possible signings the Barca kid, Formica, that Brazilian and maybe even Valazquez and/or Vuckenvic, then we may have had a good transfer window.

At least there seems to be movement on our problem areas, rather than letting the squad rot with the addition of someone like Ameobi.

I think that our level of expectations (and I mean of most fo the Rovers fans that usually post here) was high due to 2 factors:

- New owners, "marquee signing", etc.

- And because we were "hungry" for new and exciting signings. We got used in the last years to low profile signings. A high profile signing would cause a riot in Ewood Park, no matter who the owners were.

No, but I do like Sessegnon a lot. Very good midfield player. Only question will be if he can handle the faster pace, but he is very comfortable on the ball and can pick a pass.

Eddie, how is Taiwe Taiwo playing these days?

Ruomurs here link him to Benfica in the summer for free but I think he could do well in England playing for ROvers.

I think that our level of expectations (and I mean of most fo the Rovers fans that usually post here) was high due to 2 factors:

- New owners, "marquee signing", etc.

- And because we were "hungry" for new and exciting signings. We got used in the last years to low profile signings. A high profile signing would cause a riot in Ewood Park, no matter who the owners were.

Good post.

Personally I don't expect or necessarily want a "marquee" [sic] signing, but if the Rao boys REALLY do have £20m, the amount they were going to invest in Ronaldinho, I'd rather they gave it to Keane and said get it spent on people tried and test in the league who will improve the squad and will give you £5 more to get some young/promising talent in. We have got a tiny squad and should be covering both bases in case the Rochina/Formica experiments fail....

You including today's game in that? We've been like a yo yo so far, looking good one week and Ince-like the next. Isn't Kean's record no better than the same amount of the last games Sam was in charge? Two of those games have been against West Brom who haven't beaten us since Souness was in charge.

You forgot the game vs Liverpool where the result and performance were excellent. Kean is changing the fundamental way that we play it wont be til next season until we see the real Kean team but in the interim it looks positive and I expect to be Jekyl and Hyde.

On the Raos they have had a 3 million bid accepted by Formicas club, if the deal fails because of a lack of a passport, does this mean the Raos are not willing to spend money? Same way Raos were willing to pay over 21 million in wages alone for Ronnie, they are showing they are willing to spend, just have to be a little patient IMO.

We have played some nice stuff in parts but a top 10 finish is far from guaranteed unless we can do that on a regular basis and get some consistency.

Don’t you start as well, I have my doubts about the validity of some recent people to join the site who post nothing but negativity in every post, but you should know better Le Chuck.

January transfer windows are like a cattle market, over priced dross and a serious lack of quality.

The brothers are extremely successful business men, and doing business during this window doesn’t make good business sense.

Judge them at the start of next season, that will be the real test, not now.

Don’t you start as well, I have my doubts about the validity of some recent people to join the site who post nothing but negativity in every post, but you should know better Le Chuck.

January transfer windows are like a cattle market, over priced dross and a serious lack of quality.

Well said.

TB&W says that we should have looked elsewhere, as if the January window is jam-packed with players we could sign permanently who would both improve us and fall within our budget. I'd rather we loaned players like Jones, run the rule over them, and see what happens in the Summer, instead of signing permanent players for the sake of it.

A lot of work to be done over this and the next window - plenty of deadwood to try to get rid of.

Has it been a good window. Well he haven't needed to sell anyone, however, our two signings are 'only' loans that have added enormously to the wage bill and will be terribly expensive to make permanent in the summer should we want to - both carry some injury risk as well. Jury is still out IMO.

The brothers are extremely successful business men, and doing business during this window doesn’t make good business sense.

Judge them at the start of next season, that will be the real test, not now.

I'm adding it the comments Desai made when she arrived, basically saying that the transfer policy was wrong and that 9 out 10 transfers we'd made were incorrect.

I'll be very happy if I've added it up incorrectly, but I'm genuinely concerned and not playing devil's advocate or anything.

A lot of work to be done over this and the next window - plenty of deadwood to try to get rid of.

Has it been a good window. Well he haven't needed to sell anyone, however, our two signings are 'only' loans that have added enormously to the wage bill and will be terribly expensive to make permanent in the summer should we want to - both carry some injury risk as well. Jury is still out IMO.

How has it added to the wage bill directly if a transfer budget (allegedly) of 5m has covered their wages.

Cheer up soon be Christmas. :xmas:

On Dorrans, Kean did confirm last week he was on the list (when he also confirmed we were interested in Charlie Adam).

Kean suggested his (Dorrans) recent performance against us made him a player he would like to add to the squad.

OK, so RSC is injury prone, so that is a risk, but is it written in stone that he and/or Jones will command a massive fee and wages around £90,000 p/w? RSC is probably on something like that, being a Man City player, but he may even take a cut to play 1st team games.

Honestly, the negative attitude of some people here. If they were offered a night of passion with Katherine Jenkins and £20m, they'd whinge about the country's low interest rates.

My hope is that someone liked Andrews and Grella and buys them till monday. (now, that is positive thinking, isn't it?)

We could only hope

Makes me wonder if they have a genuine interest, or are imposters mischief making :rock:

No, with that amount of moaning they are definately Rovers fans.

I know the league is tight, but we need just about an extra 2 signings. Be it a loan or permanent, its all we need to maintain our PL status.

Why sign somebody permanently, if we can have a proper look in the summer? We need to keep our focus here, because any mistake now, could cause us more problems next season. Remember, we still have alot of crap on our books, so why add to the problem.

Our short term expectations, are exceding our long term aspirations.

I know the league is tight, but we need just about an extra 2 signings. Be it a loan or permanent, its all we need to maintain our PL status. Why sign somebody permanently, if we can have a proper look in the summer? We need to keep our focus here, because any mistake now, could cause us more problems next season. Remember, we still have alot of crap on our books, so why add to the problem.

Our short term expectations, are exceding our long term aspirations.

That won't be our problem. We need a couple of good signings in order to push on..

Archived